Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Need some info - used dvds from Amazon, Half.com

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 03-24-07, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to find outt some information about buying used dvds from amazon and half.com. I wanted to know if someone has bought used dvds from these sites and if they have which site would they recommend. i am looking for some foreign dvds and they are much cheaper used in both the above menioned sites and I would not like to spend money buying new ones as they are relatively expensive.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-24-07, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have noticed that secondspin has been selling a lot of used DVDs / CDs at amazon. If you buy from them it'll be in mint shape. Unfortunately, the downside was that they really jacked up their prices at their store (www.secondspin.com).
Old 03-24-07, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am trying to find outt some information about buying used dvds from amazon and half.com. I wanted to know if someone has bought used dvds from these sites and if they have which site would they recommend. i am looking for some foreign dvds and they are much cheaper used in both the above menioned sites and I would not like to spend money buying new ones as they are relatively expensive.
I've ordered several DVDs from both sites, and haven't had any problems so far. If you need any specific information, I'd be happy to fill you in.
Old 03-24-07, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea, I've sold on Amazon and Half.com - they are both legit sites.
Old 03-25-07, 12:57 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Pay close attention to feedback. if the seller has a lot of good feedback youre usually in good hands. Amazon.com has a better program with their a to z protection program. Both sites give you a limited number of chances to file claims. I think half.com can cancel your membership if you file a chargeback with your credit card. At least thats what I remember and they only allow like five claims.

Last edited by g; 03-25-07 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-25-07, 11:38 AM

The thing is I am looking to buy some Asian Movies and I want to get them far as cheap as I can. Its all a blind buy and I don't know if I am going to like the movies as they were recommended to me. I had made blind buys in the past and spend a lot of money and was dissapointed with some of the horror (regular not asian ) movies that were recommended. So I would rather have these dvds for cheap and if I don't like the movies at least I won't regret that I spend a lot of money on them.
Where do you guys normaly buy dvds fro cheap if its used I don't care but the dvd should be in good condition without any scraches etc nor should it be a bootleg copy. So I don't know what to do.
Apart from secondspin.com is there any other reliable vendor who has good reputation in used dvds.(cheap)

Cheers!!!
Old 03-26-07, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Apart from secondspin.com is there any other reliable vendor who has good reputation in used dvds.(cheap)
Well, there is Amazon and Half.com....

I know the answer to this will most likely be "no," but do you have a Netflix account? There's a good chance they have the movies in question, and you can watch them without knowing you just wasted $10 or $20 on a film you don't even like.

Assuming that you don't have a Netflix account, if you buy the movies and don't like them, you can always try and recoup some of the cost by selling them here on DVD Talk, or you can sell them for cash (secondspin.com), store credit (dvdplanet.com) or put them up on eBay/Half/Amazon and see if there are any takers. Just an idea.
Old 03-26-07, 09:47 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Just wait for a good coupon for wherehouse.com or secondspin.com. They are the same company and and share inventory and they have good coupons several times a year.