Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Annoying Move on Amazon's part

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 03-22-07, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I ordered a 336 CD Wallet that ships from Amazon.com with free Super Saver Shipping...

After two weeks and no shipping, Amazon emails me and says there will be a long delay, and it is estimated that it will take another 10 weeks to ship(!), but I have to accept those terms on their web site if I want the order to stay open - otherwise they will cancel it. I go to the website yesterday and notice that the item is still in stock, but Amazon.com is no longer shipping the item - it's now J&R Music World.

I say that I accept the new terms and am willing to wait 2 months for this item to ship. The very next day I get an email telling me my item has shipped with free Super Saver Shipping.

Maybe I'm just cynical, but it just seemed like they tried to get me to cancel the item and reorder it from J&R with a hefty shipping charge. Although now its back in stock with Amazon shipping again. Regardless, just kind of annoying.

Last edited by Wallet Boy; 03-22-07 at 04:45 PM.