Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

NewEgg.com (AWESOME digital cam, photo printer deal!!!) Canon 8MP

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 03-21-07, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just 2 weeks ago I bought the Canon PowerShot A630 for around $251 shipped and I'm quite happy with the purchase. It's an 8 MP digi cam with a FREE 1 GB memory card. Since then I've seen the price drop steadily. It is now an incredible $210.99 and still includes the FREE card but now has FREE shipping, which I didn't get -- was about $7 for me.

Last week I also bought the Canon PIXMA iP6310D photo printer for $80 shipped. Included FREE shipping and comes with a $30 MIR. It arrrived on Monday and the quality of prints is quite nice on 6" x 4" glossy photo paper.

There is another deal that gives you an additional $50 MIR when you buy this camera together with this printer. That's $80 in rebates along with the already low prices.

$211 + $80 + FREE shipping = $291 - $80 Mail-in rebates = $211!!!!

I'm happy with my purchases although I didn't get the lowest price on the cam. I'd rather not go thru the return and rebuy hassle but I did get the special financing thru BiLL Me Later since it was over $250.

If you're in the market for a digital camera this is quite a deal. Prices at NewEgg flucuate quite a bit and who knows if the deal will last thru tomorrow or the end of the week.

*In both cases, you need to choose the special combo deal that adds the 1 GB memory card with the camera and a USB cable with the printer. I believe it adds a minimal shipping charge for the FREE items.

Last edited by Xbox69; 03-21-07 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-21-07, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Let me just add that I'm only eligible for the printer rebate of $30 since I didn't not order the camera and printer together in the same order. *sigh*

This camera is currently advertised on page 2 of the current Office Depot ad. $250 but since it's a B&M, they add sales tax. NewEgg doesn't charge me sales tax (shipped to Texas) and shipping time is less than 5 days.
Old 03-21-07, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

One of my clients works for NewEgg. I'll ask him if he can pick me up the combo.
Old 03-22-07, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Link to the original deal please? I saw the camera, but i don't the camera and printer combo...
Old 03-22-07, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Never mind, i found it... i'll look at it first, i don't have time now, but this is a pretty sweet deal. However, i want the SD800 though... Hmmm, i'll get back with the link.

thanks OP!
Old 03-22-07, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the heads-up.

I would consider this if they were instant rebates. I've sworn off of MIRs.
Old 03-22-07, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ocelot
Never mind, i found it... i'll look at it first, i don't have time now, but this is a pretty sweet deal. However, i want the SD800 though... Hmmm, i'll get back with the link.

thanks OP!
I notice that they don't list the $50 MIR rebate for the camera plus printer as prominently as the $30 MIR rebate for the printer alone.

You need to go to the info page for the camera, Canon PowerShot A630.

In order to get the 1 GB card, you need to view the combo specials and choose the one that adds the card at no additional cost. Buy that combo.

There is a similar deal with the printer. Select the combo with a FREE USB cable -- although if you don't need one, you can just add the printer alone. I must have overlooked this and I just bought the printer. I have a USB cable from my old printer and it worked fine.

After adding both of the combos, 4 items in all, there will be a shipping charge added. It will be minimal. $4.99 for the 1 GB card and less then $2 for the USB cable (if you chose that combo as well).

Doing a mock order, I had a total of $297 and change before rebates.
Old 03-23-07, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Congrats to those of you who were able to get in on this.

I see that today it's back up to $225.99 for the camera and they now add Shipping for around $7. That's still lower than I paid.

Both rebates and the FREE 1 GB card are still active though.

Last edited by Xbox69; 03-23-07 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-24-07, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Canon A630 is a very nice camera and there are price drops all over on it, Canon must be coming out with some new models.

Amazon has it for $206 plus shipping and buy.com has it for $218 with free shipping. Both Bhphotovideo.com and Dell have it for $225 after shipping. Even Circuit City has it on sale for $225. These prices are without the extra memory and the rebates.
Old 03-26-07, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I went with the Canon sd800 from newegg, since IS and compact size are important to me... I also ordered the printer, which should be free after rebate, $50+$30...

I don't think you have to order the printer and the canon camera TOGETHER to qualify the $50 rebate. So, Xbox69, you can still submitt the $50 rebate if the date range is valid .
Old 03-26-07, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ocelot
I don't think you have to order the printer and the canon camera TOGETHER to qualify the $50 rebate. So, Xbox69, you can still submitt the $50 rebate if the date range is valid .
It states in rule #4 of the .pdf rebate offer, "purchased together". I thought of getting it with the camera but that added $10 more in shipping so waiting saved me that much when it had FREE shipping just a week later.

Secondly, I was probably at my "BiLL Me Later" limit and the camera alone gave me the 'No Interest, 90 days' finance qualification.

*90 days = more actually, since March purchases come due on July 1. That's the remainder of March, plus Apr., May, and June.
Old 03-28-07, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^-----^

Ah, missed the fine print of #4, yeah, i reread it, did see the word TOGETHER, that sucks for people didn't order them together.

I ordered on Monday and got it Tuesday... Hooked the printer up and it was okay, my HP does better job, well, couldn't complain if it's free (assuming the rebates go okay, you never know with those MIRs).

The SD800 is slick, a piece of work! While many people complained about the body material, i.e. cheapy battery door, i found it okay, as long as you don't drop it often... Of course i perfer the SD900's titanium body, but the 900 doesn't have IS (wierd) and also it's not wide angle (28mm).

Overall, it's a good deal. the free mem card is only $7 anyway though, so you're not really saving much for those cameras don't have free shipping. My shipping is $11, which i used Xbox69's suggestion (the printer with the free cable etc...)
Old 03-28-07, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yo Xbox69, while i was doing my rebate, i'm thinking that you should just try submit the $50 rebate anyway. Even though they said TOGETHER, but still, technically, you did buy them together (kind of). Unless you need the bar code for your camera, i don't see the harm...