DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

No Shame

Old 03-21-07, 07:54 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Shame

Is No Shame out of business? I haven't seen or heard about a new release from them since the end of last year.
Old 03-21-07, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Apparently they are not and new product will be out during the summer (according to Image). Not quite so sure what is going on inside the company's office though.

Pro-B
Old 03-21-07, 01:16 PM

they havent updated their site in ages.

pro-b, what do image have to say with regards noshame?

also wondering what the status is of panik house as there's
suggestion mr.kennedy no longer works with the company and their sites
been quiet also - that synapse arrangement taken kennedy over to "their side"?
Old 03-21-07, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by logboy
I was wondering about Panik House too. I was really looking forward to Chained Heat and then.... they went dead silent. I am worried, as I really like them.
Old 03-21-07, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,286 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by onebyone
I was wondering about Panik House too. I was really looking forward to Chained Heat and then.... they went dead silent. I am worried, as I really like them.
Same here. I own most of Panik House's releases. First Blue Underground.... what the dickens is going on with these genre sites?
Old 03-21-07, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I heard than NO SHAME sold off its properties. Not sure where I saw this online, but it sounded like they were closing out.
Old 03-21-07, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by indiephantom
I heard than NO SHAME sold off its properties. Not sure where I saw this online, but it sounded like they were closing out.
Jeez. Along with Blue Underground acting peculiar, it appears that THE END is really coming.
Old 03-21-07, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

pro-b, what do image have to say with regards noshame?
It was a quick note that there are summer titles coming out as well as some blurbs about re-structuring.

As far as I know the NoShame office (which is a one man-woman show) has not returned any phone calls whatsoever.

Pro-B
Old 03-22-07, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
Jeez. Along with Blue Underground acting peculiar, it appears that THE END is really coming.

i read that a few weeks back, and it scared me....looks bleak
Old 03-22-07, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
i think the BU situation has been clarified. bill lustig revealed a couple of days back that he is now the proud owner of the rights to argento's 'stendhal syndrome' and will release a 2-disc of it during June 2007. they're scaling back slightly but should be in full swing again within a year to eighteen months.

as for that article in the NY Times, the thing that struck me most was the relationship between niche markets and major stores is a clash of ambition overwhelming the reality of the market size. small companies don't even manage to provide the basics to the core audience, let alone catch the eye of the customers browsing huge stores and buying in an impulse fashion - for them, they'll probably stick the 'spiderman version 2.5' and not buy into obscure japanese or italian genre movies, me thinks.
Old 03-22-07, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,286 Likes on 935 Posts
i think the BU situation has been clarified. bill lustig revealed a couple of days back that he is now the proud owner of the rights to argento's 'stendhal syndrome' and will release a 2-disc of it during June 2007. they're scaling back slightly but should be in full swing again within a year to eighteen months.
That's cool news but it'd be nice if he was the proud owner of a new webmaster who could update the site sometime this decade.
Old 03-23-07, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by TomOpus
That's cool news but it'd be nice if he was the proud owner of a new webmaster who could update the site sometime this decade.
i know what you mean. BU are one of the few sites to maintain enough of a regular selection for decent titles and discs to warrant following their individual site (same goes, or went, for noshame) and when nothing appears it suddenly becomes disconcerting...!
Old 07-08-07, 01:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any updates on the NoShame situation? Is it confirmed that they are out of business?
Old 07-08-07, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by cmleidi
Any updates on the NoShame situation? Is it confirmed that they are out of business?
they still exist, remember : italian company first, and they're still releasing there. as far as america goes, theres a mention at dvdmaniacs.net that there's a distribution issue for their american arm that needs resolving. i say go to ryko disc, they do a good job...