Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Fantasy Series late 80's help

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-07, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Fantasy Series late 80's help

I read a series of books back in the 80's that I would like to find again (I am big on re-reading books I enjoyed as a youngster) and thought somebody might remember it...

it was the story of a kid (similar to the recent Jim Butcher Novels that feature Tavi) who not only couldn't do magic, but actually caused other peoples to fail...I believe there were magical swords and such as well...I actually thought it was the Fred Saberhagen sword series, but it was not. I cant remember much more sadly, only that I enjoyed them at the time and that the kid had to hide his identity for some reason and he caused magical/enchanted items to not work...kinda like a black hole of magic around him...

I have another I read in early 90's that featured werewolves and vampires warring against each other...they were quite sexual and the hero was bitten by a woman he loved but turned good and was fighting them. I believe modern day Nazis were involved as well. I remember one scene that had an Amazon type village that was raided by these half man half animal guys who sprayed a form of musk that caused the women to go madly in lust/love with the sprayer...

any thoughts on either of these?
Old 03-20-07, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The second book sounds like a Richard Laymon novel thought I can' say which one in particular. Good luck!
Old 03-21-07, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by OwlAtHome
The second book sounds like a Richard Laymon novel thought I can' say which one in particular. Good luck!

Not the one i was looking for, but thanks!!!
Old 03-22-07, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds a little like the Darksword Trilogy by Weis & Hickman but my memory of that is murky.
Old 03-22-07, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jdodd
Sounds a little like the Darksword Trilogy by Weis & Hickman but my memory of that is murky.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner, that is exactly the series i was looking for...thanks so much!!!