Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Help me find the name of this book

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-07, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me find the name of this book

I read an interview with either ed burns or dave simon from the wire and they mentioned this nonfiction book about someone being killed in there car, with no clues, witnesses or evidence and what the police did to solve the case. I dont remember the title and cant find the interview, anyone know what I'm talking about?
Old 03-16-07, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
?

Before The Wire, Simon was a police reporter at The Baltimore Sun and spent 1988 with the city’s homicide department, researching his non-fiction tome Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets—the basis for Barry Levinson’s similarly named television show that Simon wrote for as well. In 1992 he partnered with former police officer Ed Burns and wrote The Corner about the human fallout of the war on drugs. The book was adapted into a mini-series for HBO, leading the way for The Wire’s creation. For The Wire, Simon and Burns are now joined by a writing staff that includes crime novelists Dennis Lehane, George Pelecanos and Richard Price, a trio whose collective bibliography includes Clockers, Freedomland, Mystic River and Shame the Devil.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....42#post7714242