Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

DVD 'Speculation' posts...

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Old 03-13-07, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a few posts going on in the DVDTalk forum right now, one for Zodiac, and one for 300 (although I know others have existed).

Can we get rid of these type of threads? They seem entirely uneeded, at least until actual DVD information is released. Any speculation about the DVD's before that should be contained in the movie's respective thread.

Agree, or disagree?

= J
Old 03-13-07, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I agree with you and I have already indicated my sentiments about these threads.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...31&postcount=4
Old 03-13-07, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I hope this thread has a commentary from <b>Tarantino</b>, or at least a good making-of documentary. CAN'T WAIT!!

das
Old 03-14-07, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry das, but I'm only doing fluff pieces at the moment.

But wait until Summer, and I'll release an extended edition of this thread, with two extra paragraphs.

= J
Old 03-14-07, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't see the harm. Considering that DVD producers can and have read this forum, letting them know about the content we want to see shouldn't be an issue. Besides, where's this sudden mentality of just buying whatever we're thrown coming from? For instance, I'd love a three-disc version of Zodiac (for obvious reasons). If a lowly thread hidden somewhere on the internet helps get the ball rolling, I'm all for it.
Old 03-14-07, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts
I'm willing to bet the dvds for a recent theatrical release are planned out and authored by the time the movie hits the theaters. The dvds for 300 and Zodiac are probably already done with the masters under lock and key waiting to be replicated.

Last edited by rw2516; 03-14-07 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-14-07, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

BUMP

Three weeks until the official DVD release announcement!!!
Old 03-15-07, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ah, they are harmless...and even if certain DVD editions are done a head of time, if insiders are looking in on these boards it could give them some ideas for the eventual "double dip" edition.

And there is another idea here, and this is quite extreme I know, but you could always just ignore the threads and let the people who like them have their fun. Now where would be the harm in that?
Old 03-15-07, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,298 Likes on 943 Posts
It's not a problem now because there are only a couple threads. What will happen when there are 9 or 10 going on the main page? If we want to try to influence the DVD producers, we better start threads now relating to the summer releases since they are working on them right now. We have 3 big movies coming out soon.

Also will the speculation threads get merged with the official release threads or will they get locked once that happens?

Just some food for thought before things get too crazy.
Old 03-16-07, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TomOpus
It's not a problem now because there are only a couple threads. What will happen when there are 9 or 10 going on the main page? If we want to try to influence the DVD producers, we better start threads now relating to the summer releases since they are working on them right now. We have 3 big movies coming out soon.

Also will the speculation threads get merged with the official release threads or will they get locked once that happens?

Just some food for thought before things get too crazy.

Are you saying it's ok for me to start a Indy 4 speculation thread?
Old 03-16-07, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Once the movie hits theaters, the DVD is pretty much fully planned out, so these forums won't be giving them any ideas.

I did notice the speculation posts more this week, I figured somebody would post about it here. I think they're pointless, but yeah, harmless.
Old 03-16-07, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What's the harm if they state they are speculation posts in the subject?
Old 03-16-07, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I just can't believe members don't have the restraint not to read posts they have no interest in and instead, post about how much they don't like them.
Old 03-17-07, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I just can't believe members don't have the restraint not to read posts they have no interest in and instead, post about how much they don't like them.
I don't think is a matter of not having "restraint" or just complaining for no reason. I look at it more like a pro-active measure before this type of threads become the norm instead of an exception in the DVD Talk forum as TomOpus so eloquently stated below. Also Tom raises a good question in what to do once the DVD release gets an official release date and we create the threads for it. Just looking for some guidelines.

Originally Posted by TomOpus

Old 03-17-07, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I don't think is a matter of not having "restraint" or just complaining for no reason. I look at it more like a pro-active measure before this type of threads become the norm instead of an exception in the DVD Talk forum as TomOpus so eloquently stated below. Also Tom raises a good question in what to do once the DVD release gets an official release date and we create the threads for it. Just looking for some guidelines.
It's not a problem at all now. What's the harm in waiting to see if one develops and, if so, taking care of it then?
Old 03-17-07, 01:07 PM
Banned

I consider DVD speculation threads similar to fanfic threads in other forum: they become a plague. People come here to DVDTalk to discuss and post information on existing and upcoming DVDs. With those threads only, we have at least 20 to 30 active threads a day. Imagine if now every member started posting a speculation thread of their favorite film. We will have a number of useless threads that will amount to nothing and drive away the people that come here to see news and discussion of real DVDs.
Old 03-17-07, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dx23
I consider DVD speculation threads similar to fanfic threads in other forum: they become a plague. People come here to DVDTalk to discuss and post information on existing and upcoming DVDs. With those threads only, we have at least 20 to 30 active threads a day. Imagine if now every member started posting a speculation thread of their favorite film. We will have a number of useless threads that will amount to nothing and drive away the people that come here to see news and discussion of real DVDs.
And then the sky will fall and hell will freeze over!