DVD Talk
Ever have somebody knocking at your door in the middle of the night? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Ever have somebody knocking at your door in the middle of the night?

calhoun07
03-10-07, 12:32 AM
First off, I live in an apartment complex on the second floor (apt 201.)

Last night/this morning at 2:30 I am awakened from my peaceful sleep from what sounds like somebody hammering a nail into a wall in another unit. At least the pounding didn't sound like it was coming from my apartment. My dog has his ears perked up before I ever woke up, so I knew he noticed something. Then my next thought my worst nightmare might be coming to pass...somebody is knocking at my door because there is a fire! I sit up in bed and smell the air....nothing. I don't smell any smoke at all. So what is it? I listen again and the pounding continues. I thought maybe somebody might be knocking next door, but I get up and I hear the knocking coming from my front door.

I first look outside to see if there is a police car or fire truck outside, and there isn't. I can't see the person too well in the peep hole. I ask who it is. I honestly don't remember what the person said, but the answer wasn't "your neighbor," "the police," or "the fire department."

I grogilly ask, "What's wrong?"

"Is this Scooby's house?" the person asks.

"No," I say angrily. "Leave or I'm calling the police."

I see a twat of a teenager walk outside, look stupidly at the apartments, then proceed to the unit next to mine, where the person in 201 owns an angry dog (who is not nice like my dog and would probably kill you) and he's bald and built like a marine. He's putting up with no crap. I hear his dogs start to bark their fool heads off, and she high tails it out of there. She gets back in her car and gets on her cell phone, I guess calling "Scooby," and probably wanting to figure out how to close the drug deal.

The last time something like this happened was when I was a kid and me and my sister were living with my mom out in the country. At about 4 or 5am somebody is hammering at the door, pounding furiously at the door. My mom kept us back and we tried to stay out of view until the person went away.

It's always unsettling to hear somebody at your door in the middle of the night. And why that twat thought "Scooby" lived here when nobody went to the door for 5-10 minutes is beyond me.

girlnextdoor
03-10-07, 12:44 AM
I had the police at 2:38 am once. I had been having phone problems and had unplugged all of the phones and disconnected the computer too. But the police has 2 911 calls from my address and could not call back to verify so they showed up. 2 cars, lights flashing, beating on both doors and guns drawn. They would not leave unitl they searched the entire house. The came back at 5:10 am also, but this time only 1 car and a friendly knock. An additional call to 911 from my address. The phone company ended up re-running new wires from the street to my house. We had a few spots where squirrels had chewed the wire, but no idea why my house (with no phones connected) was calling 911.

Sorraffy
03-10-07, 12:50 AM
I can't be as detailed as you were, but it was pretty much a situation just like that.

It was 6AM, I hear knocking and go to check it out (real safe right? They know someones up, they gonna bust their way in somehow). I have no idea who it is, they pulled up in the driveway with the car still running. They ask if someone i didnt know was home I said no i didnt know anybody of that name. Not another word, they get in their car and leave.

Best part about the story. They were leaving in what seemed like a relatively new car and were backing out the driveway, they got to close to the Cable TV box that sits off to the side of the driveway, and as they're backing out you could hear the box scrape against the car. They get to the end of the driveway (at the end of the driveway, there's a small drop where water can flow around the cul-de-sac into the drainage area) and as they're backing out the scrape underneath the car as well. That'll teach you to get your directions right the first time

:)

Giantrobo
03-10-07, 07:48 AM
I knocked on the wrong door on my way to a late night booty call once. She lived upstairs but the door to her apt and her downstair neighbor's door were side by side. I knocked on the left one when I shoulda knocked on right one.

stevevt
03-10-07, 08:52 AM
Think I see the problem: All the apartments in your building are labeled "201".

Sonicflood
03-10-07, 09:08 AM
OP you do know that the word "twat" is also a slang term for pu$$y... right?

I know that some people use it as another word for "idiot" but it always makes me laugh when used as you did, as I grew up with the word having a completely different meaning. rotfl

Mrs. Danger
03-10-07, 09:55 AM
People get "twat" and "twit" mixed up all the time.

I used to get knocks on my door at odd hours, usually a drunk at the wrong house. Sometimes door-to-door beggars. Occasionally someone I knew, who knew that I was up at odd hours, myself.

Sometimes, it wasn't a knock, it was a bullet. Not aimed at our house, the neighbors just had bad aim. If they had had better aim, the place would have been much quieter. Another artist who was camped out in the living room came running into my bedroom, "What's going on?"

"The neighbors are shooting at each other again."

"What do we do?"

"They aren't shooting at us. Go back to bed."

Doesn't happen any more, here in the suburbs. The burbs are so BORING!

TomOpus
03-10-07, 10:12 AM
I knocked on the wrong door on my way to a late night booty call once. She lived upstairs but the door to her apt and her downstair neighbor's door were side by side. I knocked on the left one when I shoulda knocked on right one.So you got 2 booty calls? :D

tommyp007
03-10-07, 10:19 AM

:hscratch: I know which I prefer.......

Mrs. Danger
03-10-07, 10:22 AM
A twit with a twat?

calhoun07
03-10-07, 10:33 AM
Think I see the problem: All the apartments in your building are labeled "201".
In each unit there are four apartments...101 and 102 on the first floor, 201 and 202 on the second floor. So yes, she must have been looking for "Scooby" only knowing he lived in apartment 201, but had no idea which unit (an the units all have large numbers differentiating them from one another above the main entrance.)

The marine guy with the mean dog also lives in 201 in his unit. So she had to be walking around waking up everybody who lived in apartment 201's in different units.

greg9x
03-10-07, 11:38 AM
Was she attractive ?? I can think of worse thiings than confused, probably drunk girls knocking on my door....

Bacon
03-10-07, 11:41 AM
yes, about 9 years ago, some jackass knocked on my door at about midnight on a Tuesday asking where some guy is
I told him probably home asleep like I was until your dumb ass woke me up.

nazz
03-10-07, 11:51 AM
I took a girl to Florida on spring break back in the early eightees and we were sleeping in our motel room when there was a pounding on our door around 2:00 or 3:00 AM. I got up and looked through the peep hole and saw a cop. I opened the door and he asked if everybody was alright in the room. I assured him that we were and he left. When we got up in the morning and went out we saw blood stains on the carpeting. As we made our way to the car, I found a blood trail that led to the elevator, in the elevator and out to the sidewalk downstairs. I never knew what actually happened but I know someone had a much worse night than I did.

melbatoast
03-10-07, 12:44 PM
Yes. The night of our first really big blizzard, in December, someone rang our doorbell at about 1am. I thought it was a dream, where I wake up suddenly and think I'm dreaming and can't figure out if that was a real sound or not. That happens a lot to me. So anyway, I stay in bed for a few minutes but then hear voices outside. I decided I'm going to go downstairs and see if there was really someone at my door. I saw tracks in the huge snowbank leading to and from my front porch, but nobody in sight.

The next day I asked my neighbor, a Sheriff's Deputy if he heard anyone out here. He told me that there was a carbon monoxide leak in one of the houses up the street because the snow had piled up so high it was blocking the vents, or something like that, and that the neighbors were going from door to door to let us know this was happening, because the fire department didn't. That house was vacated for the night, but they didn't warn anyone else.

Bronkster
03-10-07, 12:54 PM
I've had both. :whofart:

A number of years ago my roommate and I were passed out in the living room after a night of smokin' an' drinkin' when the cops pounded on the door. They were after a guy that had hopped the fence into my back yard! They told us to stay indoors and keep the dog in the house. The police copter was right over the house with the floodlight centered on my back yard, making it look like daytime! My roommate and I used the time to try to clear the air in case the police came back to talk to us (*cough*).

mndtrp
03-12-07, 04:23 AM
When I was in college, I was awoken by several guys at 4 am looking for their keg. Apparently, someone ran off with one as the party was ending, and they went looking for it. I'm glad I didn't have it, because they were awfully pissed off.

NotThatGuy
03-12-07, 07:27 AM
I had an older lady looking for the guy upstairs (drug dealer)....it was 1 or 2 am....and I was NOT amused. I had a bunch of knocks around midnight.....I wanted to leave a note saying, "Want Drugs? Go to XXXX, NOT HERE!"

Living in the ghetto sucks.

-p

ANDREMIKE
03-12-07, 09:23 AM
I had the police at 2:38 am once. I had been having phone problems and had unplugged all of the phones and disconnected the computer too. But the police has 2 911 calls from my address and could not call back to verify so they showed up. 2 cars, lights flashing, beating on both doors and guns drawn. They would not leave unitl they searched the entire house. The came back at 5:10 am also, but this time only 1 car and a friendly knock. An additional call to 911 from my address. The phone company ended up re-running new wires from the street to my house. We had a few spots where squirrels had chewed the wire, but no idea why my house (with no phones connected) was calling 911.

I wonder if someone wasn't playing a prank on you... DO you have a grey telephone box on the outside of your house. Someone could of opened the box plugged a phone in and called the police....

calhoun07
03-12-07, 10:30 PM
Living in the ghetto sucks.

-p

I am sure it does, but drug deals also go down in rich suburban neighborhoods too. How else do people make their mortgage payments?

Mercury&Solace
03-12-07, 11:33 PM
Now a days, pretty much no matter where you live, its always good to have one of these....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/mercuryandsolace/19.gif

As Clarence Worley said "Better to have a gun and not need it, then need a gun and not have it" You never know who the fuck could be out there.

NotThatGuy
03-12-07, 11:44 PM
Now a days, pretty much no matter where you live, its always good to have one of these....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/mercuryandsolace/19.gif

As Clarence Worley said "Better to have a gun and not need it, then need a gun and not have it" You never know who the fuck could be out there.
I totally agree. I am definitely a support of being able to defend yourself and your property (some states agree with me, others don't). The only confounding factor are the statistics about guns in households and deaths related to them...pretty scary. I figure if I go through all of the proper safety steps I should be ok, but it is still a concern.

I hope I can live in a state that lets me protect my property...because if someone breaks into my house and i'm in danger, i'm emptying my clip.

-p