Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Office "Newpeats"

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Office "Newpeats"

Old 03-09-07, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Office "Newpeats"

NBC'S HIT COMEDY 'THE OFFICE' WORKS OVERTIME WITH NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN MOMENTS IN 'NEWPEAT' EPISODES ON MARCH 15 AS WELL AS AN 'OFFICE MARATHON' ON MARCH 29
Published: March 9, 2007

New Scenes Edited into Encore Episodes Create 'Newpeat' Episodes on March 15

"A Night at The Office" Marathon to run on March 29

BURBANK -- March 9, 2007 - NBC's Emmy Award-winning comedy "The Office" will offer fans extra overtime of laughs by treating them to never-before-seen footage from the hit series in a newly edited hour of encore episodes on Thursday, March 15 (8 – 9 p.m. ET). Additionally, on Thursday, March 29 (8 – 9:30 p.m. & 10 – 11 p.m. ET), fans can stay late at "The Office" when "Toby Flenderson" (Paul Lieberstein) hosts an "Office Marathon" featuring five episodes starting at 8 .p.m (ET). The five "Office" episodes will surround an all-new episode of "Andy Barker P.I." at 9:30 p.m. ET.

The "newpeats" on Thursday, March 15 (8-9 pm ET) will tie together edited encore episodes "Traveling Salesman" and "Oscar's Return" combined with new, never-before-seen moments throughout the hour. An original episode of "Scrubs," (9-9:30 pm ET) along with the premieres of "Andy Barker P.I." (9:30-10 pm ET) and "Raines" (10:00 pm ET) will follow.

On Thursday, March 29 (8 – 9:30 & 10-11 p.m. ET), "Toby Flenderson" (co-executive producer/writer/ actor Paul Lieberstein) who plays the Director of Human Resources, will host "A Night at the Office" marathon. Five "human resource nightmare" episodes will air surrounding an all-new episode of "Andy Barker P.I." at 9:30 p.m. ET. The encore episodes include "Diversity Day" (8 –8:30 p.m. ET), "Healthcare" (8:30-9:00pm), "Sexual Harassment" (9 – 9:30 p.m. ET), "The Injury" (10 – 10:30 p.m. ET) and "Gay Witch Hunt" (10:30-11 p.m. ET).

"It's about giving something extra to our wonderful fans," said "The Office" executive producer, Greg Daniels. "Their loyalty must be rewarded somehow, and we don't have the budget for ten million muffin baskets."

"The Office" takes a painfully funny look at the interactions of the desk jockeys at Dunder Mifflin paper-supply company in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Golden Globe winner Steve Carell ("The 40-Year-Old Virgin") stars as unctuous regional manager Michael Scott who hosts the documentary crew on a tour of the workplace. Jenna Fischer ("Miss Match"), John Krasinski ("Jarhead," "Kinsey"), Rainn Wilson ("Six Feet Under"), and B.J. Novak ("Punk'd") star as the employees who tolerate Michael's inappropriate behavior only because he signs their paychecks.

Also starring are Melora Hardin as Jan Levinson, David Denman as Roy, Leslie David Baker as Stanley Hudson, Brian Baumgartner as Kevin Malone, Kate Flannery as Meredith Palmer, Angela Kinsey as Angela Martin, Oscar Nunez as Oscar Martinez, Phyllis Smith as Phyllis Lapin Vance, Ed Helms as Andy Bernard, and Creed Bratton as Creed.

From Reveille and the NBC Universal Television Studio, "The Office" is executive-produced by Ben Silverman, Greg Daniels (who developed the series for American television), Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Howard Klein.
Old 03-09-07, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wonder if DVR'd will pick them up as new or repeats? I have mine set to only record new episodes.. guess I'll need to change that~
Old 03-09-07, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"It's about giving something extra to our wonderful fans," said "The Office" executive producer, Greg Daniels. "Their loyalty must be rewarded somehow, and we don't have the budget for ten million muffin baskets."
You have got to be kidding me. This is a transparent attempt to get people to watch reruns to bump their numbers. Don't fall for it.
Old 03-09-07, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
You have got to be kidding me. This is a transparent attempt to get people to watch reruns to bump their numbers. Don't fall for it.
Meh...What else am I going to do with my time? Read a book?
Old 03-09-07, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by magiccmom
I wonder if DVR'd will pick them up as new or repeats? I have mine set to only record new episodes.. guess I'll need to change that~
I think they have the right to flag them as 'new' since that version of the show has never been shown.

I don't know if I'm looking forward to this though.
Old 03-09-07, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Atreus
Meh...What else am I going to do with my time? Read a book?
heaven forbid! READ A BOOK!?!?!
Old 03-09-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't particularly mind this shameless ratings gimmick -- no one abuses their viewers like NBC Universal -- but I think we can do without the insulting lie of selflessly rewarding viewer loyalty.

das
Old 03-09-07, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by magiccmom
As an employee of a major TV listings company, I can tell you that we have, indeed, marked it as a new episode. So if your DVR provider gets their data from us, it should be recorded if you have it set up for only new episodes.
Old 03-09-07, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by scott27
As an employee of a major TV listings company, I can tell you that we have, indeed, marked it as a new episode. So if your DVR provider gets their data from us, it should be recorded if you have it set up for only new episodes.
Thanks!
Old 03-10-07, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Exactly! We should all watch "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?" instead..
Old 03-10-07, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Exactly! We should all watch "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?" instead..
Or you could, y'know, not watch TV and do something else.
Old 03-10-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Or you could, y'know, not watch TV and do something else.
How DARE you suggest something like that in a forum to discuss TV! I should have you banned.
Old 03-10-07, 10:31 AM

Any new Office is a good Office even if they stick it in an old Office!
Old 03-10-07, 12:03 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
My DVR has this flagged as a repeat.
Old 03-10-07, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
My DVR has this flagged as a repeat.
Mine has if flagged as new...
Old 03-16-07, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, as far as new scenes go, that was rather disappointing.

Laughed just as much at Dwight hitting his head and Jim's "frontal assault" as the first time.
Old 03-16-07, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
Laughed just as much at Dwight hitting his head and Jim's "frontal assault" as the first time.
Me too. Jim's face after he did it was priceless.
Old 03-16-07, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Meh, that was pointless. I'll just wait for the DVDs to see the extra scenes. For the second episode the only scene I recall not seeing the first time is Andy going to class at the end.
Old 03-16-07, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope that on the DVD that they put both the original and the newpeat on there either as standalone episodes or via seamless branching.

I liked the additional scenes of Pam telling people that she won the contest just to see the various reactions to it. Of course, Jim's was the best.

This episode was just as funny as the first time. Jim's reaction to Karen all made up is only shown for a split second, but it's funny as hell!
Old 03-16-07, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I had missed these the first time around so it was good to catch up. I loved the frontal assault.
Old 03-16-07, 01:19 PM

i would like them to do this more often when they are gonna show repeats. I like the added scenes with pam winning her art contest and seeing jim the only one excited that she won.. they didnt really add anything in the second episode, except the end with andy but that was in the producers cut wasnt it or the deleted scene online