Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Huge problem at FYE.com!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Huge problem at FYE.com!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-07, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huge problem at FYE.com!

This problem is now a month old, yes a month, and I still have not gotten a solution.

I placed an order through FYE.com for a box set and 3 copies of another title. The order came in fine time, but the box only contained the box set. The other titles did not come. I was still billed for them, and the packing slip in the box said that it should have containted the entire order. When I contacted Fye.com by email about this, I got 2 automated responses, within 3 days of eachother. I have now contacted them a total of 8 times. Each time I get an e-mail response saying one of the following:

-We have gotten your email and someone will get back to you in due time"

-"Your issue has been escalated. Please do not email us again as it will only slow the process"

-"Your item has been labeled as DELIEVERED by the postal carrier. For that reason, we cannot continue investigating your problem."

The problem is, I never said that I never got the package. I did, it was just missing items. On their website, when you initially email them, one of the possible options that you can email them a problem with is the fact that an order has come incomplete. I cannot understand why they literally will not comprehend what is going on. I can't get anyone on the phone. I've literally called them and been on hold for an hour. I really dont know what to do anymore. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 03-09-07, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did you charge it on a credit card? If so, just dispute the charge. That's what credit-card charge disputes are for: When a company doesn't deliver the product or service paid for, and refuses to resolve the matter in a satisfactory way.
Old 03-09-07, 03:13 PM

I'd say you need to keep trying to reach customer service by phone if you're ever going to get this resolved.

When our company gets issues like this, it's so easy to misunderstand if the communication between the customer, us, and the carrier is all done electronically. UPS will do a trace and say the package was delivered correctly, and they're right. Unfortunately, that wasn't the issue in the first place; the issue wasn't whether or not the package was delivered, but what was or was not INSIDE the package. All it takes is for one person (either at our company or at UPS) to not be paying attention or misunderstand, and we have to start the whole process over again.

About the only advice I can give is to keep trying them by phone, and make sure you use very clear terms like "missing quantity," rather than the much broader "non-receipt."
Old 03-09-07, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Walter Neff
Did you charge it on a credit card? If so, just dispute the charge. That's what credit-card charge disputes are for: When a company doesn't deliver the product or service paid for, and refuses to resolve the matter in a satisfactory way.
I agree, but the only thing I'd be concerned about is his bank making the exact same mistake that FYE has been making. After he does the chargeback, the bank is going to ask FYE for a response. FYE is going to send a copy of the order showing it as delivered (completely oblivious to the fact that items were missing from the box). Unless his bank has a clearly documented understanding of the situation (which they usually don't), I could easily see them siding with the merchant and keeping the charges on his card. Plus, FYE may decide to close his customer account since he attempted a chargeback.

Normally I'd say just dispute it after putting up with the merchant's shoddy customer service for over a month, but in this instance, I'd probably try to work it out with the merchant at least one more time.
Old 03-09-07, 04:37 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
FYE is terrible, I have had nothing but troubles with them. Even after the problems, I placed 2 orders with them a few months ago because of some incredible prices with the mail in rebates and I have had troubles with the orders, and then the rebates. That was it for me with them.