Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

SMOKING HOT! Garmin c320 for $200 shipped

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 03-09-07, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 378 Likes on 242 Posts

Garmin c320 GPS for $199.99 from w/free shipping Fry's

http://www.frys.com/product/4579507
Limit 5 per customer - While supplies last

Detailed Description:
- WAAS-enabled 12 parallel channel GPS
- Built-in patch antenna; MCX-type connector for optional external GPS antenna connection
- Removable 128 MB SD memory card
- Audible and visual navigation instructions and warnings
- Display: 2.8" W x 2.1" H (3.5" diag.), 320 x 240 pixels; QVGA transflective TFT with 16-bit color; 64K colors; bright white LED backlight and touch screen
- Unit dimensions: 4.4" W x 3.2" H x 2.8" D
- Weight: 9.45 ounces
- Built-in lithium ion battery for trip planning
- Integrated suction cup mounting system provides easy adjustment and quick release
- USB interface

Included in Package
- SreetPilot c320
- City Navigator NT North America or Europe DVD with full unlock
- 128 MB SD memory card
- SD memory card slot
- Vehicle suction cup mount with 12-volt adapter*
- Setup guide

This is the same exact model I got myself for Xmas from WalMart.com for $236. It was a steal then. It's a smoking hot steal now! The 128 MB SD Card gives you enough storage for your regions, but if you swap it out for a 2 GB card, you can put all of North America on it.

Last edited by kenbuzz; 03-09-07 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-09-07, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll second that this is a great unit, especially at this price. I paid $280 for it about 2-3 months ago.
Old 03-09-07, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
good deal and a great unit...i bought the c330 for $200 used a few months back and really love it. the c320 is the same, except that it doesn't come with preloaded maps.
Old 03-10-07, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How well does this install in your car?
Old 03-10-07, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by djmont
How well does this install in your car?

It installs just like a radar detector would... Mount suction cup cradle to windshield, snap in GPS unit & plug 12v plug into cigarette/12v accessory plug. A small child could install it.
Old 03-10-07, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonicflood

It installs just like a radar detector would... Mount suction cup cradle to windshield, snap in GPS unit & plug 12v plug into cigarette/12v accessory plug. A small child could install it.
Is the small child included, or sold separately?

I've just started looking for one of these, and this price is indeed attractive. I don't know much about what specs to look for though.
Old 03-10-07, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Probably could have made due with this unit but just got the Garmin NUVI 370, paid $630 on ebay... one thing that put me off the streetpilot series is alot of reviews that the screen is not bright enough for viewing in direct sunlight.. not sure if they have changed that recently or not.
Old 03-10-07, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

if it's like the c330 i got, then it also comes with an adhesive mount that you can put on your dashboard. you can also buy a bean bag mount for it, though that wasn't included in the package.
Old 03-10-07, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

so this unit comes with everything necessary right out of the box to install and use, giving directions from anywhere in the USA to anywhere else in the USA?

is it a touch screen interface?
Old 03-10-07, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by runner001
so this unit comes with everything necessary right out of the box to install and use, giving directions from anywhere in the USA to anywhere else in the USA?

Yes and Yes.

I've owned this very unit for over a year and have really enjoyed it. I use it daily in my real estate practice and have used it on several vacations.

I prefered the SD memory card (C320) to built in memory (C330) as I am able to buy a larger SD memory card for my unit if needed.

It's easy to use & has a touchscreen interface. The feature I'd most like to have is bluetooth cell phone integration so I could see who's calling on the unit. The second feature I'd like to see is autofill when entering a street name. For example, I've grown accustomed to knowing how to find a county road but it can be difficult if its in the unit as County Road or Co Rd. I just enter Co and scroll to the number that I want.

The only real negative is that the screen can be tough to read if you have on polarized sunglasses. You kinda have to tilt your head a bit to read it. I rarely look at it though, once I've set my destination as the verbal commands work good enough for me! Others have mentioned that they wish that it announced the street names, but it's not that big of a deal for me.
Old 03-10-07, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

it will do the whole US...i also have a garmin 2610 and upgraded to a 2gb card, and with that, i was able to put the whole US (and canada too, i believe). so, to answer your question, if you want full USA maps, then the supplied memory card is too small, but if you buy a 2gb card, then you will have the entire us map. i've seen 2gb sd cards go for around $20, mostly non-name brand though at that price. personally, i'd pay a few more bucks for a namebrand one though.
Old 03-10-07, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In direct sunlight the screen does wash out. I just turn it slightly to one side whenever glare is an issue. The windshield mount is rock-solid, and I've got a beanbag mount for when we move it to my wife's minivan... haven't used it yet to report anything.

The screen is plenty big, the voice prompts are loud and clear, and well, it's a Garmin. What more can I say - this is a really good price for a really good system.

Last edited by kenbuzz; 03-11-07 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-10-07, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for all the replies and recommendations. I went ahead and ordered one. Since my camera uses SD cards too, I have plenty of 2gb memory cards.

I agree about the auto fill feature. It would be very helpful and can speed up the process. What do people usually do for security? Do you usually remove the device and take it with you? Is there a special carrying case?

Oops! One question I should have asked is: Are the maps current? Can they be updated? Is it free?
Old 03-11-07, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Are the maps current? Can they be updated? Is it free?
The most recent version of City Navigator NT North America is ver 8, which was released 4/5/06. Your c320 will likely ship with that one. If you purchase a map product ON or AFTER the release date of an update, you are entitled to an unlock on the newer version of that product for free. You can always purchase updates when they're released.... the current upgrade price is $75.
Old 03-11-07, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spend a bit more and get a Garmin Nuvi 350. It's the best GPS unit I've ever used, hands down, and it's not that much more.

= J
Old 03-11-07, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tarantino
Spend a bit more and get a Garmin Nuvi 350. It's the best GPS unit I've ever used, hands down, and it's not that much more.

= J
Only twice the price & then some!
Old 03-11-07, 09:53 PM

What do people usually do for security? Do you usually remove the device and take it with you? Is there a special carrying case?
I remove mine when parking anywhere other than my office or home.

For a carrying case, I bought an inexpensive, padded camera bag for mine and it works great.
Old 03-11-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I remove mine when parking anywhere other than my office or home.

For a carrying case, I bought an inexpensive, padded camera bag for mine and it works great.

and even parking at home, i'd remove it if you don't park it in the garage.

basically, anything of value should never be in plain sight inside the car...gps, laptop, ipod, etc.

just put it in the trunk or in the glove box.
Old 03-12-07, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

But you should remove the mount and wires too.... hear thieves look for those knowing you probably have the unit in the glove box or under the seat...even if you don't sucks to have your car broken into.

And yeah the NUVI's are more pricey..... if someone just wants a low cost unit (not bad or cheap) those probably aren't for them.
Old 03-12-07, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by D.Pham00
and even parking at home, i'd remove it if you don't park it in the garage.

basically, anything of value should never be in plain sight inside the car...gps, laptop, ipod, etc.

just put it in the trunk or in the glove box.
I have a garage at home. At work, I park right in front of my office as it's pretty much all glass (three 4'x5' windows)

I do put it (along with the mount) in the trunk when parking out in the open
Old 03-12-07, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
As someone who drove the wrong way on the Grand Central Parkway this weekend, I am intrigued by this offering.

Do any GPS units currently give traffic status? Something along the line of the RDS-powered "TA" or "TP" options on German cars? (Works only in Germany natch).
Old 03-12-07, 11:30 AM

I don't think this particular unit has the traffic updates. I think those only come with XM Satellite radio enabled systems.

Thanks for the heads up on this unit. I had a chance to test one a month or so back when I rented a car and loved it. This price is too good to pass up.
Old 03-12-07, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just checked my order status. It now says its on backorder. I called the 877 number and the lady said they expect another shipment by the end of the month.

I tried to request a free upgrade on shipping but she refused. I see that they're not trying to make a waiting customer happy. Their loss.
Old 03-12-07, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just checked my order status. It now says its on backorder. I called the 877 number and the lady said they expect another shipment by the end of the month.

I tried to request a free upgrade on shipping but she refused. I see that they're not trying to make a waiting customer happy. Their loss.
I had to wait on the last batch. Just sit tight. They'll ship when the next batch comes in.
Old 03-13-07, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tarantino

= J
Some price comparisons:

$242.99 StreetPilot c320
$279.99 StreetPilot c330 (= c320 + preloaded maps)
$388.95 StreetPilot c340 (= c330 + traffic-ready + speaks street names)
$520.22 Nuvi 350 (= c340 + MP3 Player + multilingual translator)*
$533.95 Nuvi 360 (= Nuvi 360 + Bluetooth)
$705.48 Nuvi 660 (= Nuvo 360 + integrated traffic + FM transmitter)

These prices are from Amazon. They are not necessarily the least-expensive prices available on the web, but give you a general feel as to the price and feature differences between the various models.

*The Nuvi line add a few more features to the c340 than those listed and it comes in a different form factor. Visit Garmin's website for a full rundown on the differences between the StreetPilot (c3xx) and Nuvi lines, which seem to be mostly bells and whistles -- as far as basic navigation and routing go, the units are all very similar. Is the Nuvi worth double the price of the StreetPilot?? That's up to you.

Added:
Nuvi vs StreetPilot:
Like the nüvi 350, the nüvi 360 also includes many entertainment and travel tools including an MP3 player, audio book player, JPEG picture viewer, travel alarm, and currency converters.

Last edited by kenbuzz; 03-13-07 at 06:56 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.