Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Do You Eat the Crust?

SleepyW
03-08-07, 12:29 PM
I'm so sick of my kids not eating the crust. Well, not so much not eating it, but complaiing about it like it's poisonous or something. Even my 2 1/2 y.o. leaves the crust now. Ugh! Just eat the crust!

Quake1028
03-08-07, 12:47 PM
The crust is the best part of bread, and the best part of pizza.

La Bella Rose
03-08-07, 12:52 PM
It really depends on the crust where's that option?

SleepyW
03-08-07, 12:52 PM
Come out of hiding you non-crust eaters!!!!

Or is there an age when crust becomes edible? I've always eaten the crust.

SleepyW
03-08-07, 12:53 PM
It really depends on the crust where's that option?
Don't split hairs! ;)

SleepyW
03-08-07, 12:54 PM
The crust is the best part of bread, and the best part of pizza.
Depends on the pizza, but generally, I agree. Domino's crust is kind of cardboardy. Pizza Hut's is decent...buttery. :drool:

dork
03-08-07, 12:59 PM
Well, if we're talking Domino's and Pizza Hut, then the crust is just the beginning of what I don't eat.

But, yeah, shitty pizza and bread will have shitty crust and good pizza and bread will have good crust. So another vote for "It depends."

La Bella Rose
03-08-07, 01:00 PM
Don't split hairs! ;)

I'm just saying there are a lot of different crusts...

With warm toasty fresh bread I'll eat the crust but I really don't care for the regular white bread in a bag crust.

I voted I do, but really it depends on the type of crust.

gryffinmaster
03-08-07, 01:06 PM
I eat the crust. Furthermore, I have a fondness for eating the end pieces of the loaf, which is essentially one large slab of crust. :drool: THAT's the best part. Toss in a little turkey / peanut butter and fold in half? Good to go. Even without anything folded inside, they're great. Granted, most of the bread I buy is multi-grain, so the crust has a little extra kick from the seeds.

Depends on the pizza, but generally, I agree. Domino's crust is kind of cardboardy. Pizza Hut's is decent...buttery. :drool:... and Papa John's is flat out "yum". Pizza Hut's traditional crust is decent enough, but their square Pan pizza crust is wonderful.

lordwow
03-08-07, 01:06 PM
Um, who doesn't?

Mrs. Danger
03-08-07, 01:16 PM
So, spread some butter and garlic on the crusts and toast them under the broiler for a bit.

SleepyW
03-08-07, 01:18 PM
My dad refuses to eat crust.

I would say if you will eat "good" crust, then you eat crust. It's as opposed to people that refuse to eat crust of any sort.

Flashback
03-08-07, 02:18 PM
... and Papa John's is flat out "yum". Pizza Hut's traditional crust is decent enough, but their square Pan pizza crust is wonderful.

Please get a real pizza. You would never say 'yummy' or 'delish' after eating one compared to these 'McDonads or Burger King' of pizzas.

devilshalo
03-08-07, 02:32 PM
But, yeah, shitty pizza and bread will have shitty crust and good pizza and bread will have good crust. So another vote for "It depends."
That's why you buy the dipper sauce for the breadsticks. I bet non-crust eating people eat breadsticks they dip.

I'll eat any crust, off any pizza. I paid for the whole damn pizza, I'm sure as hell ain't gonna waste any of it.

gryffinmaster
03-08-07, 02:37 PM
Please get a real pizza. You would never say 'yummy' or 'delish' after eating one compared to these 'McDonads or Burger King' of pizzas.

Meh, it's a localized "yum". Around these parts, decent pizza places are very few and far between, unless I trek a few hours to Chicago.

dadaluholla
03-08-07, 02:40 PM
I do not mind crust on bread. I enjoy almost all crusts on pizza. I flip out for a cheese stuffed crust, but I am not a fan of sauce stuffed crusts.

Minor Threat
03-08-07, 02:42 PM
Crust snobs.....

RunBandoRun
03-08-07, 02:50 PM
No, I just wash the underwear. :D

Chad
03-08-07, 03:09 PM
Where's the options for Occasionally or Only if it doesn't taste like cardboard? :confused:

The Bus
03-08-07, 03:28 PM
http://morgue.anglicansonline.org/060402/images/issueart/060402/wheat_wafer.gif

No, only because I never did First Communion. :(

Ohh.... crust.

SleepyW
03-08-07, 03:29 PM
Where's the options for Occasionally or Only if it doesn't taste like cardboard? :confused:
It's a yes/no option. If you'll eat good crust, then I'd say you're a crust eater. But there are some that won't eat ANY crust at all. See?

I have no room for anti-crustites in my life. Damn kids wasting my food....

Altimus Prime
03-08-07, 03:55 PM
I'm so sick of my kids not eating the crust. Well, not so much not eating it, but complaiing about it like it's poisonous or something. Even my 2 1/2 y.o. leaves the crust now. Ugh! Just eat the crust!

My 8 year old niece hardly eats anything.

I have yet to see her finish a meal.

It worries me.

DRG
03-08-07, 04:12 PM
With warm toasty fresh bread I'll eat the crust but I really don't care for the regular white bread in a bag crust.

Ditto

Mrs. Danger
03-08-07, 04:20 PM

white bread in a bag, I won'e even eat the insides. ick. All that stuff is good for is making French toast.

melbatoast
03-08-07, 05:45 PM
I love the crust. I love it even more if I have something to dip it in, like Ranch Dressing or some good butter-garlic warm gooey stuff. Yum!

I throw the ends of the bread in the trash when I get down to them in the bag. I'm the anti-crust. That stuff is only good for feeding ducks.

TomOpus
03-08-07, 05:52 PM
I Googled "crusty girl" and this popped up.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8352/crustygirlrs4.jpg

So.... the answer is yes :D

melbatoast
03-08-07, 06:10 PM
I Googled "crusty girl" and this popped up.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8352/crustygirlrs4.jpg

So.... the answer is yes :D

But what if her panties are crusty?

Lee Harvey Oswald
03-08-07, 08:16 PM
I eat bread crust. I don't really like pizza, but if I have to eat pizza I'll eat the crust if I can't get a middle square piece.

TomOpus
03-08-07, 08:54 PM
But what if her panties are crusty? :sad:

dork
03-08-07, 09:54 PM
I don't really like pizza
I understand what all of these words mean on their own, but when you put them all together like that... :hscratch:

calhoun07
03-08-07, 09:56 PM
It depends on the bread/pizza dough. Some pizza dough leaves crust that's good to feed to the dog, but others are much better and quite a nice snack on their own.

Same with bread...I've had bread crust that is not so good and other times when it tastes just fine. My main thing about the crust is that it's smaller so you feel like you get less of a sandwich. I know, it's not that much smaller, it's a psychological thing I guess, but I usually save them for a snack when I want a half sandwich.

melbatoast
03-08-07, 10:03 PM
Do you like Boboli? It's too sweet.

Kittydreamer
03-08-07, 10:08 PM
I don't mind crust but have been known to pick it off of lesser quality breads.

girlnextdoor
03-08-07, 10:43 PM
I eat any type of bread put in front of me. Usually though, the bread ends go to the dog for his treat, but I eat the crust.

nateman
03-08-07, 11:25 PM
i eat the whole fucking pizza, crust & all. when i was 5 i used to only eat the crust but 2 years later i started eating the whole pizza and now in my adulthood i still do, i get extra, extra sause on my pizza with light cheese so usually some of the sause falls on the plate so i can dip it on the crust.
I order from dominoe's & pizza hut & sometimes boston and they are all have eatable crust.
sometimes the homemade pizzas, like deliso have hard to eat crust but i don't usually like homemade pizza, its not that good.

Giantrobo
03-09-07, 04:21 AM
To me the best part of the pizza is the crust. Bad crust = shit pizza. In fact, if you watched me eat pizza you would see me scrape all the toppings onto my plate, eat the crust, and then the toppings.

I can go either way on bread crust. When i was a kid my Mother gave me a bullshit story about how the bread crust held all the vitamins and minerals.

superdeluxe
03-09-07, 09:29 AM
I eat bread crust. The pizza crust I give to the hell spawn, so he decides to not kill me in my sleep.

zekeburger1979
03-09-07, 09:37 AM
I eat bread crust, but I don't eat pizza crust.

Pointyskull
03-09-07, 09:41 AM
Bring on the pizza crust!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie Goose
03-09-07, 09:51 AM
I like both. I'll even eat the bread heels.

Kudama
03-09-07, 10:56 AM
I eat the crust. Furthermore, I have a fondness for eating the end pieces of the loaf, which is essentially one large slab of crust. :drool: THAT's the best part. Toss in a little turkey / peanut butter and fold in half? Good to go. Even without anything folded inside, they're great. Granted, most of the bread I buy is multi-grain, so the crust has a little extra kick from the seeds.
:up: That's pretty much my take on it. I could never understand how people could palate aerated paper mache (white bread) as even the crust on that is just dyed classroom paste. With real bread, the crust is the best part.
I will, however, only eat pizza crust if there is sauce to dip it in. Otherwise, it's possum food.

Lurker Gal
03-09-07, 11:15 AM
I have no issues with bread or pizza crusts. But I do looooove a good pizza crust, especially when it's crunchy.

eedoon
03-09-07, 11:34 AM
Yep, I eat crust. I even eat earth crust. Someday, the earth will have no crust. I swear!

slop101
03-09-07, 12:02 PM
My favorite kind of pizza is the kind where there's no crust on the ends - the cheese/sauce/topping should go all the way to the edge.

ukywyldcat
03-09-07, 01:11 PM
white bread makes the best grilled cheeses.

TomOpus
03-09-07, 07:34 PM
white bread makes the best grilled cheeses.http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8242/kanyenz7.jpg

mndtrp
03-12-07, 03:44 AM
I usually eat the crust. There are times I don't feel like it, but it's pretty rare.