Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deepdiscount headaches

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Deepdiscount headaches

Old 03-07-07, 02:22 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deepdiscount headaches

I'm none too happy with the new site. You need to page through many pages for sales instead of the old list all and don't show pictures. Also I have placed 2 orders in the past 2 months and both seemed to have been lost. My bad since I did not follow up missing order confirmations. Only noticed when 3 weeks had past and still no package. Checking the site my orders had disappeared. In calling the people on the phone were clueless except to say they have had a few problems lately. Prices have gone up on some items (Universal DVD sale is over) and they would not make good. Having been a very steady customer for 5 years did not seem to matter. Given a run around to several different people and after 1 1/2 hours said life is too short, I'm taking my business elsewhere. Just wondering how many peoplwe have had troubles with their order at DDD the past 2 months.
Old 03-07-07, 02:30 PM

yeah and I keep getting error 400 when I try and use the search box
Old 03-08-07, 04:02 AM

Does it seem like their DVD catalog has shrunk? A third of the items in my wishlist are now marked discontinued. I agree with the complaints about the new search interface. The upcoming release list could be viewed as a single page of product links before. Now it's presented as innumerable 12-item frames. Good luck browsing through three months worth of titles.

Whoever built the storefront seems to think we're only interested in the pretty artwork for whatever is considered a "hot" release. I couldn't care less about all the "top" or "most popular" lists. I prefer the old site organization where things were logically ordered easy to find.
Old 03-08-07, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by perigee
Does it seem like their DVD catalog has shrunk? A third of the items in my wishlist are now marked discontinued.
I don't think their catalog has shrunk so much as they've now cleaned up their inventory in the database. A lot of times when I'd order something in my wishlist it would turn out to be unavailable or backordered. I think they're system is now reflecting their stock more accurately.
Old 03-08-07, 07:24 AM
Suspended

I don't like how anytime I want to add something to my wishlist I have to log in. There is no longer a "remember me" feature that just keeps me logged in most of the time. Its such a pain in the ass to have to log in all the time.
Old 03-09-07, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 235 Likes on 171 Posts
Originally Posted by fitlissa76
There is no longer a "remember me" feature that just keeps me logged in most of the time. Its such a pain in the ass to have to log in all the time.
That's my one complaint with the new site so far, although it is a VERY annoying one.
Old 03-09-07, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I also don't care for the site. They are trying to be an Amazon clone - I liked them much better when they stuck to CDs and DVDs.
Old 03-14-07, 05:07 PM

They're terrible! I'm trying to deal with them now as they lost my order, as well. They tried to blame ME and suggested I did something wrong and the post office didn't deliver it. After calling the postal service and confirming that they did not have my package, I called back and they told me they can't do anything about it for another week! I asked them for the tracking number on my package (since I upgraded my shipping to 3 to 5 day ... it's been over 3 weeks so far), and they said, "Oh ... we don't use tracking numbers."

If they don't give me a refund tomorrow, I'm calling my credit card company and claiming fraud. I don't know what else to do. It's very frustrating ... and, with me, they take 3 to 5 days to respond to their customer service e-mails. I highly recommend not using them
Old 03-14-07, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by jayntampa
with me, they take 3 to 5 days to respond to their customer service e-mails. I highly recommend not using them
With me, I'm lucky if they answer my emails. Their customer service has really taken a dive lately. I've switched to amazon.
Old 03-14-07, 06:15 PM
Banned

I gave up on DDD last year during the Wrestlemania Anthology fiasco...I have since been using Amazon.com and they are really the best! They are fast and they deliver on time...I don't miss DDD one bit....
Old 03-14-07, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Heat
I also don't care for the site. They are trying to be an Amazon clone - I liked them much better when they stuck to CDs and DVDs.
And another site offering books with DVDs and CDs is bad for what reason? It's far better than Barnes and Noble wanting to charge me $25.00 per year to get a discount to get the books for a reasonable price.
Old 03-15-07, 09:05 AM

In the interest of fair disclosure, I followed up with deepdiscount today and the accepted my request for a refund, so I should be able to go attempt to purchase the DVDs elsewhere now ... it still took me 3 weeks to get it resolved, but at least I got my money back.
Old 03-15-07, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts
I am having a big problem with the wishlist. Titles I add disappear, and titles I remove show up again. It is different titles each time, and only four or five out of the 30 or so in the list, and with no rhyme or reason that I can figure. Anyone else seen this? Or better yet, figured out how to stop it?
Old 03-16-07, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 438 Likes on 247 Posts
My biggest problems with the wishlist are:

1- Unable to sort alphabetically
2- Only able to move or delete one title at a time from the Wishlist (this also goes for the shopping cart)
3- constantly having to re-log in

Other major problems:

1- Pretty much an unusable upcoming release list (unless you have a few hours to kill)
2- Lack of an Advanced Search feature
3- Constantly having to change the search criteria to DVD for every single search. If you don't, it automatically selects "all". If I'm at the DVD part of the website it should automatically search for DVDs only.
Old 03-16-07, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaymole
Other major problems:

1- Pretty much an unusable upcoming release list (unless you have a few hours to kill).
Uggh... agreed! I used to like to scan through the old upcoming release page (which listed titles only in one continuous list) to get a heads-up on any less publicized upcoming releases. Now that is nigh impossible with the busy/slow new format that spreads out all of the upcoming titles over like 50 pages, with the same ten "Feature" releases taking up half of EVERY newly loaded page.

Someone at DDD really needs to re-think the new design of at least some of these sections of their new website. Very user un-friendly.
Old 03-16-07, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaymole
3- Constantly having to change the search criteria to DVD for every single search. If you don't, it automatically selects "all". If I'm at the DVD part of the website it should automatically search for DVDs only.
THAT is my biggest complaint!
Old 03-19-07, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I am having a big problem with the wishlist. Titles I add disappear, and titles I remove show up again. It is different titles each time, and only four or five out of the 30 or so in the list, and with no rhyme or reason that I can figure. Anyone else seen this? Or better yet, figured out how to stop it?
I figured out a work around for my wish list problem. It seems that if you sort the list and then remove a title, a different title altogether will be removed once you log out and log back in...probably the title that appears on that same line in the default (unsorted) view. So finally I removed titles only without sorting, then all worked out. It still stinks though, not to mention the other issues noted by others above.
Old 04-01-07, 06:13 PM

**thought that I might tack this onto this thread than starting a new one **

An order during the February UNIVERSAL sale is still unfulfilled.

3 items are still outstanding. Checking today - I see that the 3 items have the following 'new' message on each :

"You have requested this item be cancelled. The request is pending, please check back soon for an updated status."

WHO AND WHY WERE THESE 'CANCELLED' ??!!! They weren't done / requested by me.

I have forwarded an email to DDD to ge an explanation !