Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

BONE THUGS-N-HARMONY: Strength & Loyalty -4/17/07

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 03-06-07, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Bone Thugs Rolling With Akon, Mariah On New Album

Veteran urban outfit Bone Thugs-N-Harmony has linked with Interscope for the April 17 release of a new album, "Strength & Loyalty." First single "I Tried" features chart mainstay Akon, while Mariah Carey and Bow Wow are featured on the Jermaine Dupri-produced intended second single, "Lil L.O.V.E."

The Game, Twista and Yolanda Adams are among the other guests on "Strength & Loyalty," which features production from Swizz Beatz, Akon and the Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am. The set is also expected to include vocals from group member Flesh-N-Bone, who has been in jail since 2000 on weapons charges.

In addition, the group is prepping a 90-minute as-yet-untitled film to be released in conjunction with the new album...

BILLBOARD.com
Old 03-06-07, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
The single with Akon is getting some radio play out here. I'm liking it and look forward to the cd.
Old 03-10-07, 10:50 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is one album I'm looking forward to in 07.
Old 03-12-07, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, Jeff Smith is really grasping at straws as of late.
Old 04-13-07, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bone Thugs Sings From The Heart On New Album

For their Full Surface/Interscope debut album, "Strength and Loyalty," Bone Thugs-N-Harmony wanted to commemorate its 20+ years together. To do so, they not only recruited Full Surface's Swizz Beatz, but also Mariah Carey, Yolanda Adams, Twista, the Game, Akon, Bow Wow and many others.

'It's a real versatile album," Krayzie Bone tells Billboard.com of the set, due May 8. "Ain't nothing the same on there. Every song puts you in a different zone." The Cleveland natives also secured production from Jermaine Dupri, Neo da Matrix and will.i.am.

The first single is the Akon-assisted "I Tried," which is currently No. 14 on Billboard's Hot Rap Tracks chart. "This is a song from the heart," says Layzie Bone. "We write songs that we feel. It's a song we wrote cause of stuff we was going through," adds Krayzie.

The second single is a toss-up between the two Swizz creations on the album, "Bump in the Trunk" and "Candy Paint." "Swizz got on our level," says Krayzie of their collaboration with the rapper/producer. "He's really versatile, and he actually showed that working with us. He made it comfortable for us to rap over his tracks."

Other tracks on the album included "Lil Love," featuring Carey and Bow Wow, and a gospel song with Adams.

Outside of their own music, Bone Thugs recently put in studio time with Frankie J, Collie Buddz and DJ Khaled. The group has also finished filming its first independent movie, titled "I Tried."

"It's a 'what if?' movie," explains Layzie. "Like, what if Bone Thugs-N-Harmony would have taken that one-way bus ticket to L.A. and never would have got on with Eazy-E?" In addition, Krayzie and Layzie are working with artists on their own independent record labels, ThugLine and MoThugs, respectively.

"Strength and Loyalty" is the second album the group will release as a trio. Former member Bizzy Bone left Bone Thugs in 2003 due to creative differences, and fifth member Flesh-N-Bone is serving an 11-year prison term.

BILLBOARD.com
Old 05-03-07, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bone Thugs Working On Album With Twista

Bone Thugs-N-Harmony continue to bring the curtain down on their once nasty feud with Chicago MC Twista via the collaboration "C-Town," a track from "Strength & Loyalty," the Cleveland rap troupe's new album.

And the group's Layzie Bone says there's more where that came from. "We're working on an album," Layzie tells Billboard.com, though there's no firm timetable for its release yet. "We've got, like, five, six, seven songs. Twista is our dawg, man. We're unifying the Midwest. We had problems in the beginning, but that's too long ago to bring up. We're making music, man."

The artists are, in fact, anxious to put the rivalry -- which dates to the early '90s and was as much about geography as anything else -- in the past. Twista (Carl Terrell Mitchell) guested on the Layzie Bone track "Midwest Invasion," which first appeared on the 2005 X-Ray compilation "This is Hip-Hop." And Krayzie Bone joined Twista for "Spit Your Game" on last year's Notorious B.I.G. project "Duets: the Final Chapter."

"It definitely was a rivalry at one time, but it was all senseless, nonsense," says Krayzie. "We were just young and not even realizing what was going on. Now we're like, 'Man, what were we even beefing about?' We don't even know -- like, who rapped the fastest or whatever. It really didn't make sense. Now we're like, instead of beefing we can make money together."

As previously reported, "Strength & Loyalty" is due May 8 via Full Surface/Interscope. The group is playing spot club dates to promote the album's release, including a release-day home town show at the Cleveland House of Blues, with a larger tour expected later this year.

BILLBOARD.com