Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Batman (Predator dude episode) 03/03/07

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-07, 01:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Batman (Predator dude episode) 03/03/07

I liked this one despite the whole "Hi I'm the predator." aspect. The ethics that Batman follows do get a lot of people killed later on. It's almost an internal debate on capital punishment (once again..."This: from a 22 minute long toy commercial?").
I went to school for animation and saw how imitative most animators really are. A lot of their work was frame by fucking frame rip offs (mostly from Akira-that "Kaneda skids his bike sideways, away from the camera" shot has been repeated more than I care to remember).
I was gratified to see them ripping off Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence on this one at the end, what with the gynoid army being released and all...oh wait. I meant all the villains except Clayface. That last fight felt like a Champions or Villains & Vigilantes tournament they would hold at a comic book store. All these major players got knocked out so fast. That was a weak point IMO. It would have been stronger if Batman had peacefully interred them to Arkham and there was a reaction (in at least one villain) that recognized a facet of good in the bastard.

I know it is really a toy commercial, but the, for the most part, exceptional nature of this cartoon makes me expect even more.
Old 03-03-07, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eh? After four seasons, you are just now realizing that 'The Batman' is a piss-poor cartoon? Welcome to the club, bud.
Old 03-03-07, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
It's not piss poor. Problem is, it had two spectacular versions before it (Batman:TAS and Batman Beyond) that it is being compared to.
Old 03-03-07, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Batman:TAS episode where the "regular joe" cut off the Joker in traffic, had the Joker follow him home, and tell the guy he now owes him a favor was great.
Old 03-03-07, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe "piss poor" is abit harsh, as this season has had some redeeming episodes. But there is no way in hell, I'd ever sit through the first few seasons again, they was simply painful to watch.

I will agree that any series that has to follow Batman: Tas and to a certain degree, Batman Beyond, is at a disadvantage. Both series was great....It's kind of like how Marvel have now announced yet ANOTHER Spider-Man series. Do we need one? What can be done that hasn't been done? And can it even compare to the 90's or hell, even the 60's series? At some point, I think you just have to give these characters a rest.
Old 03-03-07, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
I actually liked today's episode. Less for the new "baddie" they introduced, but more for the ending when Batman and Robin were fighting damn near every villain he's gone up against in the series.
Old 03-04-07, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
I actually liked today's episode. Less for the new "baddie" they introduced, but more for the ending when Batman and Robin were fighting damn near every villain he's gone up against in the series.

Yeah that free for all at the end was kickass.
Old 03-04-07, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts
Originally Posted by Kudama
I liked this one despite the whole "Hi I'm the predator." aspect. The ethics that Batman follows do get a lot of people killed later on. It's almost an internal debate on capital punishment (once again..."This: from a 22 minute long toy commercial?").
I went to school for animation and saw how imitative most animators really are. A lot of their work was frame by fucking frame rip offs (mostly from Akira-that "Kaneda skids his bike sideways, away from the camera" shot has been repeated more than I care to remember).
I was gratified to see them ripping off Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence on this one at the end, what with the gynoid army being released and all...oh wait. I meant all the villains except Clayface.
You say rip off other's would say "homage"....

That last fight felt like a Champions or Villains & Vigilantes tournament they would hold at a comic book store. All these major players got knocked out so fast. That was a weak point IMO. It would have been stronger if Batman had peacefully interred them to Arkham and there was a reaction (in at least one villain) that recognized a facet of good in the bastard.
Uhm yeah, but that woulda been BORING as fuck.

I know it is really a toy commercial, but the, for the most part, exceptional nature of this cartoon makes me expect even more.
Why? If you realize it's just a toy commercial then let it be what it is.