Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

dd's new site overcharges shipping costs

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 03-02-07, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello

i wanted to fill you in on a matter that concerns international buyers, as well as those of you americanos that choose other delivery options then standard.

a couple of weeks ago, after the launching of their new site, i've placed an order which contained 2 items from the b1g1 sale, along side other items. the total ammount after the discount was 46$. i then went to checkout, and to my surprise, found out that the new system calculates the shipping charges before the discount. that ment that instead of being charged with 8.95$ ( for intl. orders between 25-50$ ) i was charged with 12.95$ as if my order was 70$ ( for orders between 50-100$ ).

well, i've since written and called, and explained, and explained once more, and more, and more....
none of the cs crew could even get what i wanted ( rocket science stuff, you see ). finnaly, after explaining for about the fifth time, the lady got it, but simply replied- thats how we bill. even refering her to different orders with b1g1 sales, placed just a few weeks ago in the old site, or telling her that putting regular items in the sum of 46$ in my cart would end up in a 8.95$ charge didnt help. she agreed, but: "sorry sir, this is how we bill".

well then, dd, the way you bill right now is overcharging and ripping people off.
i'm going to try to talk with them one more time, this time with an even greater detailed approach, and if that wont help, i'll call my CC company. i want my 4 dollars back.

just be aware.
Old 03-02-07, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just because they used to calculate shipping one way and they no longer do so, doesn't mean that they are "ripping you off".

I'm not sure why they ever charged based on total purchase instead of number of items, but you have to admit that just because you get something for free doesn't mean that it should be shipped for free. And just because they used to do something one way doesn't mean that they need to continue to do so.

I'd try calling back, just in case it really is a glitch and not intentional, but you may have to get used to it.