Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Paramount Triple feature dvds-3/6/07

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-07, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts
Paramount Triple feature dvds-3/6/07

Okay I received thes dvds at work from Paramount that are the similar as the warner bros line and these three sets are being released on tuesday.

Beverly Hills Cop Collection-Beverly Hills cop 1-3
sam Jackson collection-Coach carter, shaft, Rules of Engagement
jack Ryan collection-Hunt for red october, Patriot Games, Clear and present danger.

I was think of getting the Beverly hills cop dvd, but I haven't heard anything on these sets. has anyone heard anything about them, Are they the widescreen versions, will they have all of the same bonus features?
Old 03-02-07, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Beverly Hills Cop is a 3-disc set in Widescreen with all the regular DVD's carried over from the boxset. I don't know about you, but if I didn't own them (I own the boxset) I'd be all over that triple-feature for the Cop series. Great deal! You should definitly snatch it up for sure with no hesitation!
Old 03-02-07, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
is there a difference between this new beverly hills cop set and the "complete line-up" set?
Old 03-02-07, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saw the Jack Ryan triple feature at FYE and there are no extras listed on the back cover, so either they are barebones or they did not have enough room to list any of the extras.
Old 03-02-07, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
is there a difference between this new beverly hills cop set and the "complete line-up" set?
Just the packaging, the original was a 3-disc box set. The triple feature has all the regular 3-discs with maybe no disc art. That would be the difference.
Old 03-02-07, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
A Naked Gun set shouldn't be far behind...
Old 03-03-07, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How are these packaged? Three keepcases bundled together or thinpaks? tried to look at the boxes online but they just have the cover face.
Old 03-03-07, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by matome
How are these packaged? Three keepcases bundled together or thinpaks? tried to look at the boxes online but they just have the cover face.
The BHC triple feature is in a 3 disc keepcase, I saw the packaging.
Old 03-03-07, 05:02 PM
Cool New Member

So are these the same discs as on the individual BHC DVDs??
Old 03-03-07, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by gabecb
So are these the same discs as on the individual BHC DVDs??
They should be, except they may have the nice disc art on the 3 BHCP discs replaced with the NEW silver top that Paramount has been doing with all their DVD's lately. Maybe not, but consider that before buying if it's a concern, but at that great price I think it's worth it! These are great action films from the 80's and 90's.
Old 03-03-07, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

These feel like "let's throw together three films with a common theme and sell it as a new collection." Which is fine, if you dig that kind of thing. I would rather have the original boxed sets of these franchises, even if they cost a little more. In name alone, I prefer The Jack Ryan Special Edition DVD Collection to The Jack Ryan 3 Pack. Just my personal taste.

--THX
Old 03-03-07, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Maybe I am misreading this, but are these discs packaged in three seperate keepcases or as multiple discs in the same keepcase? REason I ask is I picked up the lethal weapon collection the other day and it has lethal weapon 1-3, with 1 and 2 on flip sides of one disc and 3 on a seperate disc all in a single keepcase. Real spacesaving. I guess they knew that i got lethal weapon 4 for free when I bought my player back in the day.
Old 03-03-07, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jjcool
Maybe I am misreading this, but are these discs packaged in three seperate keepcases or as multiple discs in the same keepcase?
The BHC triple feature says it has 3 DVD's inside and I saw a scan and it's a keepcase. So as multiple discs in the same keepcase.

Originally Posted by CertifiedTHX
These feel like "let's throw together three films with a common theme and sell it as a new collection." Which is fine, if you dig that kind of thing. I would rather have the original boxed sets of these franchises, even if they cost a little more. In name alone, I prefer The Jack Ryan Special Edition DVD Collection to The Jack Ryan 3 Pack. Just my personal taste.

--THX
Your right, but these throw together packages are nice. It helps save space for those kinds of people who love the films but don't need the super size meal.
Old 03-04-07, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm glad. I kept not buying the "Complete Lineup" even when it was at Circuit City for $17.99 and then it vanished and nobody seems to carry all three flicks.
Old 03-06-07, 10:15 PM
Bye

If anyone buys the Beverly Hills Cop collection, please let us know whether the discs still have the original artwork on them, if it's the new silver Paramount style, or something different.
Old 03-07-07, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mike Adams
If anyone buys the Beverly Hills Cop collection, please let us know whether the discs still have the original artwork on them, if it's the new silver Paramount style, or something different.
Hey Mike! I love these films so I went ahead for $10 and used a gift card I had lying around the house and wanted to buy it just for the hell of it. I can confirm that it's a 3-disc keepcase with the Cop 1&2 silver Paramount style, and Beverly Hills Cop 3 has original artwork. I think that was done by design but I am not so sure. Clearly this would be the kind of thing to might drive you mad from Paramount. I must admit that the original artwork would have been nice for the 1st 2 Cop films. Oh well!, I am really digging this as it's a huge space saver and a PERFECT triple feature. The original DVD's have inserts and they are not there, as to be expected. So it's worth it if you ask me!
Old 03-07-07, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I could care less if it is silver, gold or turquoise! I gotta get this set!! It's so cheap!
Old 03-07-07, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts
I went ahead and bought the Beverly hills cop set as well, at 14.99 I was a very good deal. Someone here mentioned a naked gun set, I hope that one is next as I would definately buy that one as well.
Old 03-07-07, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ahh. I was hoping for $9.99 like the Warner Triple Features given that the box set of the Cop movies was last selling at CC for $17.99. Oh well...
Old 03-07-07, 03:43 PM
Bye

Originally Posted by dvd_luver
Hey Mike! I love these films so I went ahead for $10 and used a gift card I had lying around the house and wanted to buy it just for the hell of it. I can confirm that it's a 3-disc keepcase with the Cop 1&2 silver Paramount style, and Beverly Hills Cop 3 has original artwork. I think that was done by design but I am not so sure. Clearly this would be the kind of thing to might drive you mad from Paramount. I must admit that the original artwork would have been nice for the 1st 2 Cop films. Oh well!, I am really digging this as it's a huge space saver and a PERFECT triple feature. The original DVD's have inserts and they are not there, as to be expected. So it's worth it if you ask me!
Thanks for the info! I actually have The Complete Lineup, so I don't really need to buy the films again, but since I have all the inserts, I'm thinking that just having one Amaray case would be nice, especially if BHC4 becomes a reality and 1-3 is no longer considered "complete". Still, it'd have to drop to $9.99 or below before I'd break down and buy it. At the very least, it would have to wait until I haven't just spent tons of money on DVDs for both myself and my girlfriend. Probably bought a dozen in the past week or two, which is way above my average.
Old 03-07-07, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mike Adams
Thanks for the info! I actually have The Complete Lineup, so I don't really need to buy the films again, but since I have all the inserts, I'm thinking that just having one Amaray case would be nice, especially if BHC4 becomes a reality and 1-3 is no longer considered "complete". Still, it'd have to drop to $9.99 or below before I'd break down and buy it. At the very least, it would have to wait until I haven't just spent tons of money on DVDs for both myself and my girlfriend. Probably bought a dozen in the past week or two, which is way above my average.
Good thinking Mike! I dropped down an old gift card on it and the BHC complete lineup will do you just fine for now, but having them all in 1 Amaray was enough to just tempt me in. Glad I did!
Old 03-07-07, 06:16 PM
Bye

Good thinking Mike! I dropped down an old gift card on it and the BHC complete lineup will do you just fine for now, but having them all in 1 Amaray was enough to just tempt me in. Glad I did!
Oh yeah, it's a fantastic deal! I shudder to think what I paid for TCL, although come to think of it, I think it was on sale, and getting the original disc art as well as the inserts was certainly worth it.

It definitely speaks to how cool this product is that I'm still considering buying it anyway, so if that Naked Gun set does happen, or if there's some other set that's of interest, I'll most likely take the plunge.
Old 03-07-07, 06:41 PM

I picked TCL last spring at the DDD sale for $14. I only really wanted the first two, but couldn't beat the price so I went with it.

Is the single case normal size? Or is a thicker case like Back to the Future?
Old 03-08-07, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Let's talk here about some good Paramount triple feature ideas we all would like to see happen. For starters I'd like to see a few of these:

Naked Gun triple feature

Godfather triple feature

Mission Impossible triple feature

Crocodile Dundee triple feature

Ridley Scott triple feature: Gladiator, 1492: Conquest Of Paradise and Black Rain (would probably be a huge seller for Paramount)

They could even do something with some other Tom Cruise films, Mel Gibson films and some more Eddie Murphy films. Plenty of things, anybody have any better ideas?
Old 03-08-07, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Let's talk here about some good Paramount triple feature ideas we all would like to see happen. For starters I'd like to see a few of these:

Naked Gun triple feature

Godfather triple feature

Mission Impossible triple feature

Crocodile Dundee triple feature

Ridley Scott triple feature: Gladiator, 1492: Conquest Of Paradise and Black Rain (would probably be a huge seller for Paramount)

They could even do something with some other Tom Cruise films, Mel Gibson films and some more Eddie Murphy films. Plenty of things, anybody have any better ideas?
Gladiator is a Universal/Dreamworks film, so that Scott pack would never happen.

That Godfather three pack would basically be the trilogy box set, sans a bonus disc, not a good seller.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.