Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jericho - "Black Jack" 2/28

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-07, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Jericho - "Black Jack" 2/28

I don't watch this show anymore but thought I would post a synopsis of what I gathered from talking to a friend of mine who does watch the show

----------------------------------------------
After last weeks good episode the show came crashing back down to earth.

negatives from last night:

1) more bs teenage drama regarding dale (he was not in last week's episode)

2) more drama regarding peyton manning's separation and whether or not the new girl will be accepted into the family

3) more painfully annoying crap regarding hawkins' involvement with the bombs but no new meaningful info (ala lost)

4) jake continues to be the only person in town with 1/2 a brain- it's like the jake show

positive:

1) the school teacher maybe off the show. she went on her own with a bunch of engineers to try to harness wind power (i.e., construct windmills). it seems that she has an expertise into this area, as well as generators, coal mines, the effect of radioactive fallout, radios, etc., despite teaching 3rd graders.
Old 03-01-07, 09:26 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think these first 2 eps after the break have been better than before the break. They are finally revealing what's happening around the country a bit, and we're finding out more and more about Hawkins.
Old 03-01-07, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At least they are finally branching out from the town and learning more about what's happening in the country.
Old 03-01-07, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
I think these first 2 eps after the break have been better than before the break.

Yeah, I actually thought these two recent eps were pretty strong - for Jericho.
I was considering bailing, but they drew me back in.
Old 03-01-07, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
I actually like the Teacher so I'm hoping she'll be back. I did not miss Dale and the store.

I did like that the whole town recognized that Jake was the only one that could get anything done in the town..

I'm glad they did the long "previously on" since I bailed late last season and I missed quite a bit of what they showed.
Old 03-01-07, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Hmmmm, I really enjoy the show. It may not be in my top 5, but I definately enjoy it and watch it every week.

Major Dad made me laugh pretty good twice. Once when he explained his age, military background, etc. and said, "Of course I asked your mother." The other was when the school teacher talked about kissing Jake. He looked around uncomfortably, didn't say a word, and just turned and walked away.
Old 03-01-07, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The school teacher is all kinds of hot so she needs to stay in this train wreck. I did like how the country is now split up with more than one "president". The whole adventure they went thru getting the windmill part though was pretty dumb. The Hawkins storyline needs to flesh out more. It's dumb to bring in a new character but not any real useful info.

What was behind the curtain over that cage that Dale found? That made them not want to deal with the store owner? I looked away at that part and missed it.
Old 03-01-07, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

At least they are moving towards exploring the effects of social and economic breakdown outside the happy hamlet of Jericho. The swap meet was a effort to that end. Of course dipshit Dale had to screw it up.

The cute-as-a-button schoolteacher is risking her butt so that SuperJake (tm) can swoop in week or two and save her. Woohoo.

At least Dale is starting to look to the future. His little girlfriend may own part of the salt mine, but those two kids are going to have a heck of a time holding on to it.

Behind the curtain where various bunks with handcuffs attached. It looked like a brothel where women are raped.
Old 03-01-07, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I was wondering what happened to the teacher since it looked her and Jake were going to become involved. Then they bring her back and then ship her right back out.

I guess I missed the part on why salt becomes so valuable in a post-apocolyptic world.
Old 03-01-07, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
I was wondering what happened to the teacher since it looked her and Jake were going to become involved. Then they bring her back and then ship her right back out.
Sprague Grayden

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I guess I missed the part on why salt becomes so valuable in a post-apocolyptic world.
It was mentioned at the swap. Preservative, antibiotic and a daily requirement for human survival. At least according to Major Dad...
Old 03-01-07, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
When I saw the title, I mentally transposed it and thought Jack Black was going to be guest starring.
Old 03-01-07, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I really wish someone would kill Dale.
Old 03-01-07, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Good episode. These past 2 have been much better than they were before the hiatus.
Old 03-01-07, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
Good episode. These past 2 have been much better than they were before the hiatus.
I agree. Has anyone compared writing credits to see if there was a change?
Old 03-01-07, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From what I understand, the network had a lot of "input" on the first half of the season, but have now backed away. Hopefully this is true and will lead to a better second half of the season. I do know that so far things are much better.
Old 03-02-07, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This episodes wasn't bad because annoying IRS chick wasn't in it. The whole town still seems a little too folksy to be realistic.
Old 03-03-07, 12:28 PM

As soon as you saw that sign that "thieves get strung up" then they cut to the body hanging,it was pretty obvious that kid would steal something and they would have to save his ass.

Anyway this episode was ok but they need to stop with these little adventures every week where they get chased back to there town and learn almost nothing new. Just wish there was more to it so I can take it seriously. There is no grittiness or only the fittest will survive in hard times and the people seem to be going on there merry lives though half there country may be gone.
Old 03-03-07, 08:14 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally Posted by Timber
I'm glad they did the long "previously on" since I bailed late last season and I missed quite a bit of what they showed.
This is still the first season. I know, it seems much longer.
Old 03-03-07, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by WOLFie
As soon as you saw that sign that "thieves get strung up" then they cut to the body hanging,it was pretty obvious that kid would steal something and they would have to save his ass.
This show telegraphs everything. I still love it.
Old 03-04-07, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by WOLFie
Just wish there was more to it so I can take it seriously. There is no grittiness or only the fittest will survive in hard times and the people seem to be going on there merry lives though half there country may be gone.
I agree. What did the new mayor say, they were running electricity to town hall 3 hours a day? WTF?! Save that for something useful. If you need a town hall meeting do it outside during the day time. I still watch, and I find the show enjoyable enough to watch, but I had such high hopes for the show and the premise, and they have not followed through very well. I wish HBO would have done this series, or one of their own.
Old 03-04-07, 01:33 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
The newsboard at the trading place was interesting, the rest was not.

Some of the writing on this show is terrible, the scene with Peyton Maning's mom and his whore just seemed like they started writing it and never got around to finishing it. Same with Jake just shruging his shoulders when George Hearst asked him why he kept going when they were closing the gate.
Old 03-04-07, 02:37 AM

I'm not schooled up on alternate sources of electricity, but I'm pretty sure a single windmill won't supply enough energy to power a single house, let alone an entire town.

Last edited by gfoots; 07-30-07 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-04-07, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by gfoots
I'm not schooled up on alternate sources of electricity, but I'm pretty sure a single mindmill won't supply enough energy to power a single house, let alone an entire town.

Yeah, but how about the bar?
Old 03-04-07, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I think they're going to build more than one
but yeah, it isn't going to do much, especially considering the quality of the parts they'll be able to use
and good luck setting it up without modern contruction equipment

they're building some in Buffalo down by the lake, and even with modern cranes and other running equipment there have been massive delays getting the first one up.
turns out that if the area is windy, it's really hard to get one built and set up
Old 03-04-07, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Behind the curtain where various bunks with handcuffs attached. It looked like a brothel where women are raped.

I kind of got the idea is thats where they held people for collateral. If someone didn't have anything of value to trade at the time they would hold to a family member till they squared the deal.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.