Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Lost -- "Tricia Tanaka Is Dead" -- 02.28.2007

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-27-07, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Tricia Tanaka Is Dead"

The discovery of an old, wrecked car on the island leads Hurley on a mission of hope; Kate and Sawyer reunite with their fellow castaways; Kate remains unsure about leaving Jack behind.
  • "meh" - RichC2
  • getting pissed off - brizz, king slug too (but s/he's banned, so it doesn't matter)
  • disappointed and angry - BlackCapTen
  • strange, lost and perplexed - suziq999
  • dropping the show like a hot rock - Mattrk
  • still loves the show - maingon
  • still the best show on TV right now - JZ1276
  • getting frustrated (and his/her friend feels "bleh" about Lost too) - tgenius
  • loves the show, by far the best show on TV for him/her, in spite of last week's sucking fat monkey parts - firteen88
  • enjoys being "Lost" - Goldberg74
  • doesn't know what the hell this show is about anymore - Tommy Ceez
  • doesn't like flashbacks - resinrats
  • feeling the mystery is artificial - brainee
  • plot feels forced, giving show a few more eps before giving up on it. tired of questions. - neocheddar02
  • fucking awesome mysteries. more shows should be like Lost - Chauzer
  • enjoying the "fun and thrill of the ride" - porieux
  • fairly invested and will keep watching for now because s/he is curious how it all comes together. however, s/he'll be celebrating if they announced next season is the last - maxfisher
  • "not staying up for this dog pile any more " - CPA-ESQ.
  • getting extremely annoyed at the TV cliches used to drag out mysteries - spainlinx0
  • was on the fence since mid last season, but was pushed over with last week's episode. will punch Damon Lindeloff in the face at San Diego this year - starseed1981
  • would rather discuss than bitch - aktick
  • loves the show, but is getting burned out on the whole Other's side of the island - Bronkster
  • loves the show. likes some of the Others, but was frustrated with last week's episode. - huh?
  • won't be staying up to watch it live in HD and will watch it in SD whenever he gets around to it - mrpayroll
  • wouldn't miss Lost for just about anything, but thought last week's "was terrible". - bravesmg
  • "definitely out after season 8" - lotsofdvds
  • still likes the show, but wants someone "to freak out... just once" to feel refreshed to continue with next season/seasons. - crystalrubi
  • "blah." hops next season is the show's last. - Breakfast with Girls
  • hoping "this is the last season cause "if it goes to a fourth season next to no one is going to watch it and medium might beat it" (but s/he's hoping not through). - nateman241
  • sticking with the show and wants you to drive thru - dsa_shea
  • not missing a single episode between now and the series finale. Lost still "beats most shit on TV" (including Heroes, 24 & Prison Break) - hardercore
  • in his personal ranking of favorite shows, Lost is still #1. but, "Heroes has been much better." - DVD Josh
  • "heroes >>>>>>>>> lost" - Chauzer
  • "It's not just the promo's, but the show is becoming boring as well" - Fok
  • Nowhere near giving up. - Michael Corvin
  • "one more bad episode away from quitting on Lost" "(right now) it's freaking boring!" - Doughboy
  • Should really be reviewing DVDs instead of doing extraneous bullshit like this - Rogue588
Old 02-28-07, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You think they will give us any answers this week?
Old 02-28-07, 12:58 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I demand 45 minutes of a monkey in a smoking jacket giving us answers and nothing else!
Old 02-28-07, 03:11 AM

Love the quotes Rogue! Many of us (myself included) are probably liars; I'm sure we won't get any anwers until the season finale, yet I'm sure I'll probably end up watching it every week. That's the beauty of forums; posting all the anonymous rants we want...until we get called on it!

I guess the best advice I got was 'stop watching the promos.' Then at least I won't be so let down. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be back to complain tomorrow night!
Old 02-28-07, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Love the quotes! I'm quoted, but I'm not bothered at all because I meant all that shit with conviction. And it wasn't some petty comment about dropping the show which will be laughed at. Let's see who did swear off the show, though, and see if they come back.

As to the episode - what else? "Can't Wait!", of course!

Last edited by hardercore; 02-28-07 at 05:04 AM.
Old 02-28-07, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
at the quotes Rogue588

I hope I don't feel out of place when "I don't know what everyone is talking about" on Thursday morning

I'll watch it at my leisure on DVR
Old 02-28-07, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

love the quotes.... CAN'T WAIT!
Old 02-28-07, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

After her appearance in Letterman, I doubt I'll be able to stop myself from getting another Evangeline Lily fix on Wednsday.

D
Old 02-28-07, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts
Haha to note that meh was directly geared toward last weeks mediocre episode. As long as they get rid of the:

"Where?"

"The Island"

"The Island over there?"

"Yes, that island."

exchanges, I'm gold.

Last edited by RichC2; 02-28-07 at 09:09 AM.
Old 02-28-07, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

Are you on the list?
Old 02-28-07, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Holy cow! Awesome list of quotes, finally some responsibility around here! Looking forward to tonight's ep, seems like more of a continuation of Desmond's ep/beachgoers than Jack and the Others.
Old 02-28-07, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Love the qoutes...Can't wait for tonight...I can't believe their gonna kill off Tricia Tanaka....Isn't that the reporter from Family guy??
Old 02-28-07, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by firteen88
Love the qoutes...Can't wait for tonight...I can't believe their gonna kill off Tricia Tanaka....Isn't that the reporter from Family guy??

That's exactly what I thought. I read the title and I had to do a doubletake on the thread, thinking I was looking at a "Family Guy" discussion.

What an odd title.
Old 02-28-07, 10:49 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I miss Tricia already ...
Old 02-28-07, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great. The title alone has only brought up more questions and no answers.

Who is Tricia Tanaka?
When did she die?
How did she die?
Is the smoke monster really just her soul?
Old 02-28-07, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I heard that Tricia Takana is the frog that Sawyer squashed
Old 02-28-07, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really hope Locke makes an appearance tonight.
Old 02-28-07, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Rogue588 - can you put in all the quotes of posters who have claimed that they will never watch the show again.
Old 02-28-07, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And now, we go live to Asian reporter Tricia Takanawa...

Damn. Wrong show.
Old 02-28-07, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

After last week episode, who was the first episode in all the seasons that disappointed me, I'm hoping for really good thing tonight.
Old 02-28-07, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts
<-----Wants to be quoted!

*stands in the corner and pouts*

P.S. Tricia was a bitch, I'm glad she's dead!
Old 02-28-07, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts
I'll bring the teriyaki sauce.

Last edited by RichC2; 02-28-07 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-28-07, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Quote me:

They've got me for at least another year (so I can see what happens in the next week, in-show)."
Old 02-28-07, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
SPOILERS:

FLASHBACK:
Spoiler:
HURLEY

Spoiler:

Episode 3.10: Tricia Tanaka is Dead (Hurley-centric)
Airdate: February 28, 2007

* new 02/28 - The final scene features a confrontation between Kate and someone we haven't seen since last season. (Spoiler alert! This person's name rhymes with "clench matey.") Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
* new 02/28 - [This episode features] Lots of Hurley ex-girlfriend action: We find out what happened to him and Starla, and Libby sets the tone. Source: Kristin on E!Online
* new 02/28 - "This focuses on the relationship with my dad," [Jorge] Garcia says. Cheech Marin pops up in the papa role, and viewers will get their first glance at a fit, young Hurley. On the island, Hurley will demonstrate his continuing heartache for his murdered love interest, Libby: "You finally get to see a moment," Garcia says. Expect Charlie and Jin to play significant roles. "Hurley sees it as his responsibility to try to make Charlie move into a different head space," Monaghan says. "So he takes Charlie on a little mission to shake him up." Source: USA Today
* 02/21 - Happy days are here again when Hurley enlists Sawyer, Jin and Charlie to help him get that metal wreck started. Sawyer, meanwhile, sets a new record for most pop-culture references uttered in a single Lost episode. In addition to a Little House shout-out, the con artist formerly known as James Ford name-drops IHOP, Hooked on Phonics and Skeletor. Rocky III even gets a little plug, but that one Sawyer can't take credit for. I'll tell you that the Feb. 28 episode of Lost also features a touching scene between Hurley and "Libby" and marks the return of a certain four-legged castaway. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
* 02/13 - Daniel Dae Kim reveals: "Jorge’s got a great flashback that was so much fun to do, and it’s me, Jorge and Josh. It’s a lighter episode, and I was really happy to do it." Source: Kristin on E!Online
* 02/12 - Guest starring are Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau, Rodrigo Santoro as Paulo, Kiele Sanchez as Nikki, Lillian Hurst as Carmen Reyes, Billy Ray Gallion as Randy, Cheech Marin as David Reyes, Caden Waidyatilleka as young Hurley, Suzanne Krull as Lynn Karnoff and Sung Hi Lee as Tricia Tanaka. Source: ABC
* 01/30 - Hurley's discovery of an old, wrecked car on the island leads him on a mission of hope not only for himself, but for a fellow survivor in need of some faith. Meanwhile, Kate and Sawyer reunite with their fellow castaways, but Kate is still torn about leaving Jack behind with "The Others." Source: ABC
* 12/21 - Crazy Frenchwoman Rousseau (Mira Furlan), meanwhile, is back on Feb. 28. That episode will also have Hurley finding a junked car -- for reals, that's what it says -- on the island. Source: Zap2it
* 12/18 - I had dinner with a friend last night who went to a Lost audition about two weeks ago. She was auditioning for a Hurley flashback. They were looking for a reporter to interview him. He was investing his newfound fortune in a Chicken Shack, but a day before the grand opening the place was flattened by a meteor. If you were paying attention during the season two premiere, you remember Hurley mentioning this very meteorite disaster when he was explaining to Jack the numbers are bad! Source: Kristin on E!Online
* 11/29 - On November 28, they turned a fast-food restaurant in Hawaii into a Mr. Cluck's Chicken Shack. So it's safe to assume we will see Hurley at work in his flashback. Source: SpoilerFix.com's visitor Valerie
* 11/22 - I just found out that Cheech Marin has been cast as Hurley's dad. He'll appear in the big guy's next flashback episode, slated to air Feb. 28. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
* 11/06 - This episode features Dave a charming and affable Latino man aged between 40 and 50. Source: SpoilerFix.com
Old 02-28-07, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So only 5.5 hours to airtime, and we're already on post #25.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.