Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Bourne Ultimatum - 8/3/07

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Bourne Ultimatum - 8/3/07

Old 12-09-04, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Bourne Ultimatum 2006!

Look what on www.darkhorizons.com today.
Se hvad jeg fandt på www.darkhorizons.com idag, nice!
Glæder mig!

'The Unsomnambulist' attended a screening of "The Bourne Supremacy" last night at Arclight Cinemas that was followed by a Q & A with producer Frank Marshall. Here's his report:

"Nothing terribly new and surprising to come of it. Frank was adamant that "Indiana Jones 4" would happen, and mentioned that "The Bourne Ultimatum" was currently being writter for a 2006 shoot start, since Matt Damon is busy til then, as is director Paul Greengrass who'll return after helming the "Watchmen" comic adaptation.

Frank also said he would be directing again soon, a true story about Japanese explorers in Antarctica and their sled dogs they had to abandon"

Thanks again to 'The Unsomnambulist'.
Looking forward to this!
Old 12-09-04, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Cool. I was ready for another one as soon as the credits started rolling on 'Supremacy.'
Old 12-09-04, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Cool. I was ready for another one as soon as the credits started rolling on 'Supremacy.'
And I'm sure Greengrass will finish the series w/ a little bit of Moby.
Old 12-09-04, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looking forward to this!
Old 12-09-04, 09:43 AM
psd

as is director Paul Greengrass who'll return after helming the "Watchmen" comic adaptation.
welltheregoesany.
hopei HADof.
en-
JOYINGanother.
Bourne film.
smashbangzoom!

Identitygavemehope.
that'classic'storytellingwas. returningtothethriller/spy
genresafterapasselofshitty.Bonds.
and
Bond.knockoffs.
hopesweredashed with thefirstpersonshootergameotherwise
known.asTheBourneSupremacy.
panderingtoADDjuveniletastestillrulestheroostapparently.
microsecondeditingalong withawhollycontrived'shaky'cameraadds upto
one excrutiatingheadache

much like trying to read one post after another like this for 90 minutes straight.

Last edited by psd; 12-09-04 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-09-04, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sounds like shooting starts in 2006. Has a projected release date been put out there?
Old 12-09-04, 10:03 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Glad to hear it!
Old 12-09-04, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wanted to like Supremecy, but couldn't stand that jump cut shooting style. Hopefully, he'll direct the next a little differently.
Old 12-09-04, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Couldn't have said it better. Damon rocks as Bourne. Hopefully they figure out a way to bring back Julia too.
Old 12-09-04, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iggystar
I wanted to like Supremecy, but couldn't stand that jump cut shooting style. Hopefully, he'll direct the next a little differently.
ditto.
Old 12-09-04, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Loved the first two, I'll look forward to the third.

Wish it was coming out sooner though!
Old 12-09-04, 11:43 AM

At the risk of inciting a riot I'll say that the camera work didn't bother me a bit and look forward to the next Bourne!!
Old 12-09-04, 01:36 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

The first two were great, hopefully this one will live up to them.
Old 12-09-04, 02:49 PM
Cool New Member

I really liked the first two, so a third installment would be great. I have never been a big fan of "spy" flicks but the Bourne movies so far have been very entertaining. Plus Matt Damon does an excellent job in the role.
Old 12-09-04, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
The jittery hand-held camera was not nearly as noticeable on dvd as it was in the theater.

It actually makes an episode of The Shield look like it was filmed by an epileptic having a seizure.
Old 12-09-04, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
For some reason, I never picked up on the jittery camera work in the theater.

Good news. I thought "Supremacy" was better than "Identity", and hope "Ulitmatum" continues the trend.
Old 12-09-04, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by psd
welltheregoesany.
hopei HADof.
en-
JOYINGanother.
Bourne film.
smashbangzoom!

Great news, though.
Old 12-09-04, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wordtoyamotha
At the risk of inciting a riot I'll say that the camera work didn't bother me a bit and look forward to the next Bourne!!
Old 12-10-04, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm happy to hear this as well and hope it doesn't go awry before then. The last Boune movie had such a neat European flair you normally don't see in present day movies and Damon has really made this part his own.
Old 12-10-04, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Bourne Philosophy

The Bourne Encyclopedia

The Bourne Pic Pac Patty Wack
Old 12-10-04, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by raven56706
The Bourne Philosophy

The Bourne Encyclopedia

The Bourne Pic Pac Patty Wack
Of course, the Bourne movies are based off the Bourne trilogy by Robert Ludlum. The books are titled, oddly enough:
The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremecy, and
The Bourne Ultimatum
Old 12-10-04, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i hope it will be better then the second, along with the editing, not much happened. i bet 15 minutes could be cut from just people walking into and out of buildings and/or cars.
Old 12-10-04, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
For some reason, I never picked up on the jittery camera work in the theater.
That's because you sat a proper distance away from the screen.
Old 08-25-05, 11:27 AM

Matt Damon Wants To Be Bourne Again

http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/st...-26616,00.html

Wed, Aug 24, 2005, 04:08 PM PT
By Daniel Fienberg

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com)- Universal Pictures views Matt Damon's Jason Bourne franchise as currency. The 2002 "Bourne Identity" made more than $120 million at the domestic box office and the 2004 sequel "The Bourne Supremacy" did more than $175 million. If the studio had its way, there would be a different movie about the spy with amnesia every summer.

Interestingly, Damon also views the blockbuster movies as currency. The Oscar-winning screenwriter knows that every time he does an "Identity," he can do a "Gerry" and that every time he does a "Supremacy," he gets the extra power to do something like his latest, the Terry Gilliam fairy tale film "The Brothers Grimm." The "Bourne" films have done for him what ambitious duds like "The Legend of Bagger Vance" and "All the Pretty Horses" couldn't. Does that mean that Damon sees another sequel on the horizon somewhere?

"Yeah, off in the middle distance somewhere," he says. "I keep doing movies like with Terry Gilliam, I just wrapped one with Scorsese ["The Departed"], I'm going to do this run of movies and then, if I flame out in all of them, I'll do another Bourne movie [and] buy myself a few more years."

Damon's upcoming slate isn't exactly loaded with obscure indies like the walking-and-dying-in-the-desert drama "Gerry." He'd got "The Departed" with Leonardo DiCaprio, this winter's "Syriana" with George Clooney," the Robert DeNiro-directed "The Good Shepherd" with Angelina Jolie and he's rumored to be attached to "Margaret" from Kenneth Lonergan. None of those films, though, is the sure thing that "The Bourne Ultimatum" will be, whenever it gets made.

Although screenwriter Tony Gilroy is the only confirmed participant for "Ultimatum," Damon insists that Paul Greengrass, who earned rave reviews for his work on "Supremacy," is interested in a return.

"There's no reason the third one shouldn't be the best of all of them," he says optimistically. "That would be the only way to kind of come back and do it, is not just to milk the cash cow, but to make it a proper kind of trilogy and finish it on a great note so that people look back and say, 'You know what, that was a f***ing kick-ass three-movie trilogy there.' It's not something I would want to do forever, you know."

He continues in an Old Man voice, "I'm Jason Bourne! Get off my land."

Damon has never seemed particularly interested in maintaining the image of a prototypical studio leading man and even with a signature franchise to his credit, it doesn't sound like he's ready to start being safe.

"It's gonna go away anyway, so you kind of take your shots and make stuff that you can be proud of, that you can kind of look back and say, 'Yeah, that was an amazing experience, I learned a lot, I took a big swing, you know?'" He explains. "I think that's kind of the healthiest way. I think when you see people... that look at their careers like, they get some success and then they protect it like a beachhead. They just sit there, 'Don't take this away from me!' And they make really safe, boring choices. And eventually it goes away anyway. Scared money never wins."

"The Brothers Grimm" opens on Friday, Aug. 26.

Chris
Old 08-25-05, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 619 Likes on 478 Posts
Huh. I never knew there was such a thing as a "three-movie trilogy" before.

I was hoping for something more concrete from the article but I guess it's good Damon is still interested. He was great in the first two but I'd rather not see Paul Greengrass return as director. I hated his convulso-cam approach to the whole picture (this effect only worked well in the chace scene) and it's obvious that they were making up the fights as they went along. Doug Lyman's work on the first film was a lot more polished (without seeming like a glossy spectacle) so I'd rather he return or another director altogether helm the third film.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.