Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Fiji - 2/22/07

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will be sending someone home this week?
Moto
33.33%
Ravu
66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-07, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Episode 3

Title:

Spoiler:
This Isn't Survival ... It's Thrival

Description:

Spoiler:
One member of the Moto tribe experiences serious health problems; the Ravu tribe tries to make fire with a pair of glasses; the third castaway must leave.

Pre-season Thread
Old 02-22-07, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I don't think I have laughed quite so hard while watching Survivor as when Silvia was "competing" in the reward challenge. Absolutely pathetic.
Old 02-22-07, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
That one tribe is truly sad, but I still think it sucks that the winning tribe keeps getting to live in the luxury camp.
Old 02-22-07, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SunMonkey
I don't think I have laughed quite so hard while watching Survivor as when Silvia was "competing" in the reward challenge. Absolutely pathetic.
Reminded me of Rafe's performance on the rope lader in Survivor Guatemala: it was downright pathetic. 'Bout time they got rid of her sorry but. They made a mistake last week in voting off Erica instead of her.

But damn, that was a freaking hot reward challenge: seeing the ladies getting all greased up. Made me wish though that the hottie Jessica was still around, for she would have been perfect for this challenge.
Old 02-22-07, 11:03 PM

So far its a boring season...
Old 02-22-07, 11:11 PM
JIF

Why do they have to be giving Anthony such a hard time? I saw a preview of next week's show and they have the guy in tears.

I'm not convinced if they voted him off, they'd be a stronger tribe.

Plus, that Rocky guy is irritating to watch.
Old 02-22-07, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Did Jeff say that had to play the hidden II before the vote was read? I thought in the past they could spring it after the vote.
Old 02-22-07, 11:41 PM

Yep, they changed it up this year so you have to the play the hidden immunity idol before the voting takes place. It was funny watching Sylvia digging in the ground while the rest of the tribe was around her. It shouldn't take a genius to figure out what the heck she was doing.
Old 02-22-07, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Who voted for Earl? Was it Joy?
Old 02-23-07, 01:01 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Rita voted for Earl.
Old 02-23-07, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You do realize there is no contestant named Joy this season?

Loving the blur on Rita's top during the slip-n-slide challenge.
Old 02-23-07, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it was silly of Sylvia not to simply dig openly when it came down to the wire. What was the worst that would happen? Everyone would know she has the idol and it would guarentee her 3 more days. Its not like they would take it from her.
Old 02-23-07, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by monkyskunk
It was funny watching Sylvia digging in the ground while the rest of the tribe was around her. It shouldn't take a genius to figure out what the heck she was doing.
I would think that anyone who had not been to exile island to see the clues would think that the idol was on the island and not think twice about what she was doing at camp in that regard.
Old 02-23-07, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by monkyskunk
Yep, they changed it up this year so you have to the play the hidden immunity idol before the voting takes place. It was funny watching Sylvia digging in the ground while the rest of the tribe was around her. It shouldn't take a genius to figure out what the heck she was doing.
That is a stupid rule change and takes most of the usefulness of the hidden II away as they have to guess as to when they may get voted out.
Old 02-23-07, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
I would think that anyone who had not been to exile island to see the clues would think that the idol was on the island and not think twice about what she was doing at camp in that regard.
The first time they had a hidden II it was at, or near, the camp so if the other players aren't considering that it could be either place, they are stupid.
Old 02-23-07, 07:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Patman
Who voted for Earl? Was it Joy?
Oh, SNAP!
Old 02-23-07, 07:46 AM

I really burns me up that someone would be so stupid to vote totally out of whack ex. Rita voting for Earl. What was the point? If noone is talking about voting for a person there is no chance that person is getting voted off. why waste the vote? Stick with your alliance it is the only chance you have to make it far. It shows that the producers dont even weed out the idiots who dont know how to play the game. Now Rocky is stuck in an alliance with her and she cant even be counted on to vote with the group. Earl is pretty much an idiot to. He has been to exile and it seems he doesnt even understand how the idol works. Why cant they find people who are going to play the game how it is supposed to be played.
Old 02-23-07, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sticky Bomb
Why cant they find people who are going to play the game how it is supposed to be played.
Yeah, I can't believe they haven't read any of the books out there that definitively tell how to play Survivor.
Old 02-23-07, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Yeah, I can't believe they haven't read any of the books out there that definitively tell how to play Survivor.

I'm not saying there is one definitive way to play, but if you even watched the show at all in the past you know that alliances are the only way to survive. Her voting on her own is just stupid, and has absolutely no logic behind it.
Old 02-23-07, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sticky Bomb
I'm not saying there is one definitive way to play, but if you even watched the show at all in the past you know that alliances are the only way to survive. Her voting on her own is just stupid, and has absolutely no logic behind it.
As long as she doesn't openly admit that she is the one that voted for Earl and know one else knows, it is actually smart as it causes a lot of questions in every on elses mind. Hell, I think it is kind of smart, especially if there is someone in the tribe no one trusts as that person will likely get the blame even if they deny it.
Old 02-23-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As long as she doesn't openly admit that she is the one that voted for Earl and know one else knows, it is actually smart as it causes a lot of questions in every on elses mind. Hell, I think it is kind of smart, especially if there is someone in the tribe no one trusts as that person will likely get the blame even if they deny it.
But what happens when they go back to camp and Earl asks who cast the vote for him? If Rita admits it was her she looks like an asshole. If she lies and it's discovered that it was her then she looks like an asshole and NO ONE in the tribe will trust her. Looks like a lose-lose strategy to me.
Old 02-23-07, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
But what happens when they go back to camp and Earl asks who cast the vote for him? If Rita admits it was her she looks like an asshole. If she lies and it's discovered that it was her then she looks like an asshole and NO ONE in the tribe will trust her. Looks like a lose-lose strategy to me.
If she lies, how will they discover it was her? As long as there is someone that the tribe thinks is not trustworthy that she can blame it on, who will they believe? She doesn't even have to blame it on anyone, just deny it like everyone else will. The tribe will naturally think the least trustworthy person or outsider did it. Or just push that angle that Sylvia (or whoever was voted off that week) did it. Obviously this can only work if done by someone who has the ability to pull it off, but it can work. It's about manipulating the tribe and those who can do it without being obvious about it can do well in Survivor.
Old 02-23-07, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
I want to be able to root for the underdog team, but I just don't like most of them (and they're not playing so well, to boot). Except for Yau-Man and Michelle (puts the morons who couldn't start fire with a flint last time to shame). Mookie's taunting pissed me off. It's like when a football team is getting blown out, a guy on the losing team makes a good play and does a big taunting routine (usually resulting in a guy from the winning team pointing at the scoreboard).

Wasn't there supposed to be
Spoiler:
some "big" event that "shocked" every, somewhat early in the game? Or was this just typical advertising BS? I don't want to be outright spoiled, but if there's something I hope it comes soon, because I'm getting close to erasing this season from DVR.
Old 02-23-07, 09:22 AM

Obviously this can only work if done by someone who has the ability to pull it off, but it can work. It's about manipulating the tribe and those who can do it without being obvious about it can do well in Survivor.
You are giving this chick way to much credit. It seemed like there was no strategy all behind her vote. No one will even bother questioning it, because the rest of tribe could really care less if Sylvia or anthony was voted off. that will be the last we hear of it. It is just an idiot and it will probably bite rocky in the ass, eventually. He is the best player on the tribe and he is aligned with her. She doesnt know how to play and will do something else stupid and rocky will be gone. Candice from last season is an example of one of these idiots when she switched teams. There was no way she could win after that, and she would have made out better just keeping her alliance with Jonathan( the best player next to yuell last season) Some players just dont think and do dumb moves that eliminate themselves and their alliance members early. Its 30 days suck it up and play the game.
Old 02-23-07, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

NOT loving the Posh camp site vs the regular survivor camp site. What is the point? It is so unwatchable. I guess the only hope of the other team winning is if they break all their china and get glass in their feet. Or they get so bloated from all their food they cant run. Put the Survivor back in Survivor!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.