Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

fullmoondirect.com is soooo slow with shipping

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 02-21-07, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

3 out of 4 times, it's been slow as hell to get anything shipped from them.

The first time I ordered was when they first started selling the Puppet Master sets. I ordered it when they first started and waited. People here were getting them. People that ordered a week after I did were getting theirs. I email them, they email me back telling me to wait a week. I still don't get it so they shipped another one, not sure they sent the first one, but this one I got a couple days later.

The second time I wanted to get something and wanted it quick because I wanted to watch it over the weekend. I ordered Monday using Fedex Express for shipping. Surely this would get here by Friday as I am in Oregon and they are in California. Nope, they didn't even ship it that week. I send an email Monday and after a couple of days worth of emails, they decide to send me a shirt. I managed to get my stuff that week.

The third time I ordered it and didn't care when it came. I have no idea how long it was until I got a package.

The last time was last week when they had a 50% off everything sale. If you didn't hear about it, every Valentine's Day they are going to do it. I spent around $350. That's a lot of crap, it sure would be nice if it still wasn't in the warehouse in process after a week. I really would like to get that big box at my door one day after work.

That would be nice after a long day at work.

Unfortunately, I'm guessing that I won't see anything until late next week.

To sum it all up, don't order express shipping. While it will arrive faster when it ships, you will wait many moons before anything gets shipped.
Old 02-21-07, 09:50 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been lurking on this forums for months, but this thread got me to register.

I ordered the puppet master box set on Valentine's day and like you wanted mine soon so I ordered through priority mail. I called the people today and the guy said, "We're still very busy from the Halloween (???) sale. Your order has been given to the warehouse." Now I don't know about you but I assume he meant Valentine's day sale and if not they really have some problems at the "warehouse"

What makes me angry is I ordered the puppet master box set which (supposely) has a limited supply. If I don't get mine I will be ULTRA pissed.

DDD and Amazon can get my dvds to me in under the 5-8 day limit. Understandably fullmoondirect.com isn't on the scale of those two, but come on.
Old 02-22-07, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
The last time was last week when they had a 50% off everything sale. If you didn't hear about it, every Valentine's Day they are going to do it.
I know this is off-topic, but was this mentioned in the bargains forum??? I certainly don't recall it. If it was, I couldn't find it just now, so please, let us know about any sales like this in the future!
Old 02-22-07, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
I've been lurking on this forums for months, but this thread got me to register.

I ordered the puppet master box set on Valentine's day and like you wanted mine soon so I ordered through priority mail. I called the people today and the guy said, "We're still very busy from the Halloween (???) sale. Your order has been given to the warehouse." Now I don't know about you but I assume he meant Valentine's day sale and if not they really have some problems at the "warehouse"

What makes me angry is I ordered the puppet master box set which (supposely) has a limited supply. If I don't get mine I will be ULTRA pissed.

DDD and Amazon can get my dvds to me in under the 5-8 day limit. Understandably fullmoondirect.com isn't on the scale of those two, but come on.
From what I can figure, their limited supply is simply all the Puppet Master sets they weren't allowed to sell. They have been selling them for a couple years now, so I don't think anyone needs to be worried about having them run out anytime soon.

I'm going to give them till next Wednesday before I start whining again. DDD usually takes exactly 2 weeks for me to get my stuff. Of course it's free usps shipping unlike the $13 I had to pay for Fedex.

And I will try to do better on posting sales.
Old 02-22-07, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just got an email from them. They got hundreds of orders, that's why it's taking so long.

How could anyone expect an online store to get hundreds of orders and not fall apart is beyond me. I can only imaging that DDD gets about a dozen orders a day when they have their 20% off sale
Old 02-22-07, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So they had a sale and were surprised when people actually bought stuff?
Old 02-22-07, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I predict that they will ship on March 3 - the next full moon.
Old 02-23-07, 06:39 PM
Cool New Member

From what I can figure, their limited supply is simply all the Puppet Master sets they weren't allowed to sell. They have been selling them for a couple years now, so I don't think anyone needs to be worried about having them run out anytime soon.

I'm going to give them till next Wednesday before I start whining again.

Thanks for the info.

And it's funny you mention Wednesday because I just got an e-mail from a csr and they said my order could ship next tuesday or wednesday!
Old 02-23-07, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for the info.

And it's funny you mention Wednesday because I just got an e-mail from a csr and they said my order could ship next tuesday or wednesday!
Was it Brian? Every time I have a problem with any order I talk to Brian.
Old 02-24-07, 07:52 AM
Cool New Member

Was it Brian? Every time I have a problem with any order I talk to Brian.

lol yes.
Old 02-27-07, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

lol yes.
Any word from them? I got nothing.
Old 02-28-07, 05:55 PM
Cool New Member

Any word from them? I got nothing.

Not from me. If I don't get a e-mail about shipping from them tomorrow by noon I will call them to get some answers.
Old 03-02-07, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got a few things I ordered today. Still waiting on a lot more.
Old 03-04-07, 08:30 PM
Cool New Member

I got a few things I ordered today. Still waiting on a lot more.

Called them friday and again they said they may get it out by this TUESDAY.

That is just awful.
Old 03-05-07, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Called them friday and again they said they may get it out by this TUESDAY.

That is just awful.
I got my last box today.

If you care to compare times when we ordered to when they shipped, I ordered around 6am and they got sent out last Wednesday.

But yeah, if you order from them, even during a non-sale, there is no reason to pay extra for faster shipping.
Old 03-06-07, 06:57 PM
Cool New Member

I got my last box today.

If you care to compare times when we ordered to when they shipped, I ordered around 6am and they got sent out last Wednesday.

But yeah, if you order from them, even during a non-sale, there is no reason to pay extra for faster shipping.

Yeah tell me about it. I'll never do business with these people again.

The good news though...I got the e-mail today and it just shipped. So given I got priority shipping I should hopefully have it by Friday (crossing my fingers).

Last edited by Zeitgeist; 03-06-07 at 07:20 PM.