TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Knights of Prosperity - 2/21/07

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-07, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knights of Prosperity - 2/21/07

Its on now and hilarious so far, a line most DVD fans will love is:

While in Mick's apartment to rob they say to look for cool electronics and DVDs, like Criterions... that like had me rollin
Old 02-21-07, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ravenous
Its on now and hilarious so far, a line most DVD fans will love is:

While in Mick's apartment to rob they say to look for cool electronics and DVDs, like Criterions... that like had me rollin
That had me !
Best episode of the series so far!

"Alex Trebek." "Too smart."
"Pat Sajak." "Perfect!"
Old 02-21-07, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Criterion line was great, although I can't help but wonder how many people got that. Overall another good episode too. This show just keeps getting better. I really hope ABC gives it a chance and keeps it going.

The one thing that still bugs me is Esperanza. Her accent is just too much, she needs to tone it down a little.
Old 02-21-07, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow, they pulled out Tell All The People by The Doors...don't think I've ever heard that song other than on The Soft Parade album.

Loved the gag with the clock when they were trying to decide how long they had to escape. Very good episode, and the next episode should be interesting.
Old 02-22-07, 12:52 AM

that was funny but the rest of the episode was pretty poor. this is the second episode of the show i have seen and this weeks episode was better than the last one i saw last week. i still think this is the worst year in history for ABC comedies, this is without a doubt the best comedy for ABC which is pretty sad, i guess you could count men in trees as a comedy but its also a drama and its 1 hour.
Old 02-22-07, 08:12 AM
Banned

I thought it was a great episode as well. Rock adding butter to his popcorn was hilarious. As was the inevitable payoff of the portable toilet. Loved Gary in the yogurt bath and the intern dressing up as "glam years Mick".
Old 02-22-07, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hadn't watched 5 minutes of it before I decided this was crap and it wasn't even worth the DVR space. I'm done with KOP. I tried to give it a shot, but thing should get cancelled quickly. Anything's got to be better. And I really wanted a good Donal Logue show...
Old 02-22-07, 08:32 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I was rolling at the Criterion comment!

I liked how the indian guy came out and said "I want to have sex with you"! - Funny cause it's true
Old 02-22-07, 09:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GradVT06
I hadn't watched 5 minutes of it before I decided this was crap and it wasn't even worth the DVR space. I'm done with KOP. I tried to give it a shot, but thing should get cancelled quickly. Anything's got to be better. And I really wanted a good Donal Logue show...
So you started with this episode? Brilliant.
Old 02-22-07, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
So you started with this episode? Brilliant.
So you don't know how to read a post? Brilliant.

Where did I say this was my first episode? I said I tried to give it a shot... which I did... since the beginning. Take a lot at previous KOP posts. You assumed I meant I only gave it a 5 minute shot for tonight only. I was getting turned off more and more by each espisode, and the beginning of this one was the last straw for me.
Old 02-22-07, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
The one thing that still bugs me is Esperanza. Her accent is just too much, she needs to tone it down a little.
Esperanza talks? I need to pay more attention.
Old 02-22-07, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
That's a little surprising, because I thought this was a pretty solid ep. A much better wrap up to the Mick Jagger storyline than last week's would have been, and great lines from Rockefeller and "Gary".
Old 02-22-07, 10:45 AM
Banned

So you don't know how to read a post? Brilliant.

Where did I say this was my first episode? I said I tried to give it a shot... which I did... since the beginning. Take a lot at previous KOP posts. You assumed I meant I only gave it a 5 minute shot for tonight only. I was getting turned off more and more by each espisode, and the beginning of this one was the last straw for me.

My apologies. No way I'm going to go back and read all the old threads, and your post read as if you just gave this particular episode 5 minutes. Sorry you don't like the show. I think it's great!
Old 02-22-07, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My wife and I both thought this was the funniest episode so far. "Reginald" steals the show.

And I got the Criterion line, but I doubt my wife did.
Old 02-23-07, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Where's my theme song - they cut it down to a snippet!
Old 02-23-07, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I want the theme song as well

I liked this episode. The first couple of episodes left me unimpressed, but it definitely has picked up steam.
Old 02-23-07, 02:56 PM

It was the best ep of the season so far. Im loving this show more and more.

Though Esperanza can get VERY annoying. That husky voice and accent can wear on the brain. Luckily thats the only negative so far.
Old 02-23-07, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I caught the last 10 minutes and thought it sucked big time. I was out of my element though, I'll watch an entire episode next week and see if it'll grab my interest. It should be a decent show considering most of the replies in this thread are positive.