Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Strange Wherehouse.com experience

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 02-21-07, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK... I probably should have started a thread on this the other day when this started, but here goes.

February 9th there was a deal at wherehouse.com where everything was 25% off for that day.

So I ordered "George Strait: 50 Number Ones" for the incredible deal of $8.24.

I received the 2 disc set on 2/13, and found out within the next 48 hours that disc 2 was defective.

I went into the customer service area of the website, and it says to email them with the problem, and they will send out a pre-paid postage label to mail the defective item back.

I received an email within 4 hours saying they were sorry my disc was defective and they were sending a replacement at no extra charge.

I received the replacement yesterday, and there was no label in the package to return the defective disc.

And this new set has two copies of disc 2 and no disc 1's!!!

I emailed them again last night, and told them what had happened, and they said I should just combine the one copy of disc 1, with one of the good disc 2's and discard the duplicate good disc 2, and the defective disc 2, I did not need to return anything...

Does this sound like normal procedure?

I don't want someone else to be emailing them complaining they ordered this same product and got two disc 1's.

Or have problems in the future ordering from them, because they think I'm a trouble maker...

?????????
Old 02-21-07, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when I did CS that companies policy was similiar anything under $10 we didn't bother to have sent back as cost more to do the process then to just have the customer keep it.
Old 02-22-07, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by JP5683
Or have problems in the future ordering from them, because they think I'm a trouble maker...
You can have them email you a link for their
postage free return label.

I doubt they will think you are problem
child. They are an excellent company for
returns & problems. I know its weird, but they
seem to take buyers word more than other
companies. Thankfully most people do
not take advantage of them. Anyways...
I have done a ton of business with them.
Just wish they would pack the product better
Old 02-22-07, 12:43 AM

ive had good experiences with them as well.

I bought maybe 15 used cds at one point and two of them were wrong discs. One was completely a different band, and one was a single when i was expecting the album.
They sent out replacements and didn't ask for anything back. Worked out for my since the completely different band turned out to be good and something I never heard of before =]
Another time i ordered Tremors Attack Pack and one of the discs looked really warped. Same deal, they just sent a replacement. I wound up just giving the old copy away.
Old 02-22-07, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Their customer service is excellent. I find it amusing that in this day and age, people are actually shocked by good customer service. Enjoy!
Old 02-22-07, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sounds right to me. Wherhouse.com used to be pretty weak but I think they changed owners a few years ago and have been much better ever since.
Old 02-23-07, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

happened to me twice. the one the cd had complete water damage. the second looked perfect but when I opened it the cd was a Windows NT update CD. huh? so they gave send out a replacement no problem and I didn't have to return the defective one.