Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

American Idol for Playstation 3?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-07, 02:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American Idol for Playstation 3?

I have to say I saw the new American Idol game that came out recently, and it was alot of fun(although I was pissed Paula Abdul wasn't in the game). Is their any chance that it might be made for Playstation 3? I think it would be alot of fun if they just upgraded the graphics, and had Abdul in the game(with maybe some more song selections). I like how you can compete with different people, and each week its like the show(country week, rock and roll, R@B). Any ideas?
Old 02-21-07, 03:29 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
My daughter loves the song selection, but she says that Simon's comments are too nice in the game. I don't see a need for a PS3 version unless they can include a wireless handheld microphone.
Old 02-21-07, 03:46 PM
Banned

I just have one very important question... is William Hung in the game?

No William Hung = no sale!!
Old 02-21-07, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The American Idol game that you're talking about is published by Konami as part of their Karaoke Revolution series. I think they'd be much more likely to release a sequel on the PS2 rather than the PS3 for a few reasons:

1) The game doesn't really require "next-gen" visuals.
2) PS2 games are cheaper to manufacture than PS3 games.
3) The PS3's install base is miniscule compared to the PS2.

At any rate, since the new game only came out about a month ago, I wouldn't expect a sequel until fall at the very earliest.
Old 02-21-07, 05:04 PM
Banned

When there is a sequal(and you know there will be) any chance they might actually include Paula this time around?
Old 02-21-07, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts
here's a question... do the Karaoke Revolution titles work on the PS3? The mics are all USB, so I would think so, but I have no idea... and would they work with a wireless bluetooth mic?
Old 02-21-07, 08:27 PM
Banned

Yes, they all work on the PS2. I am so tempted to get a PS3 right now though because of the Blu Ray player and that fact that it will play all of my old PS2 games. I love that they are all in HD and full surround sound.
Old 02-21-07, 08:55 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
Originally Posted by taffer

I believe "She Bangs" is included in the game
Old 02-21-07, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

When you complete the song "She Bangs" with a platinum record, you unlock the William Hung audition video.

So you better go out and buy it now.
Old 02-21-07, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dalvin
When there is a sequal(and you know there will be) any chance they might actually include Paula this time around?
I heard a rumor that Paula wanted WAAAYYY more money than both Randy and Simon agreed to. Therefore, we get Laura in her place. I don't miss her at all.
Old 02-22-07, 12:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DVDChris
When you complete the song "She Bangs" with a platinum record, you unlock the William Hung audition video.
Really? On these forums, it is sometimes hard to tell when a person is being serious or just joking.
Old 02-22-07, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts
Originally Posted by Dalvin
Yes, they all work on the PS2. I am so tempted to get a PS3 right now though because of the Blu Ray player and that fact that it will play all of my old PS2 games. I love that they are all in HD and full surround sound.
Uh... not to get off-topic, but I don't think the PS3 does anything to PS2 games to make them all HD or surround sound...
Old 02-22-07, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
Really? On these forums, it is sometimes hard to tell when a person is being serious or just joking.
here is the review

William Hung is an unlockable video.
Old 02-22-07, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
Uh... not to get off-topic, but I don't think the PS3 does anything to PS2 games to make them all HD or surround sound...

I also thought that the ps2 peripherals (like the microphone) didn't work with the ps3. I guess I can test it out.

Sam
Old 02-22-07, 01:21 PM
Suspended

I thought this was a joke when I heard it too.
Old 02-22-07, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by HotThang
I also thought that the ps2 peripherals (like the microphone) didn't work with the ps3. I guess I can test it out.

Sam
I think the way it works is that anything that used to plug into the PS2 controller ports (like the Guitar Hero guitar) won't work because it doesn't have the "PS" button that's on the Sixaxis. To start a PS2 game you need to hit the PS, so those won't work - although I think a forthcoming 3rd party adapter will have its own PS button to get around this. As far as I know, things that plug into a USB port (like the mics) should work fine as long as you can use the Sixaxis to start the game. I haven't tested this myself, but I've read it in a few places. If you test it out, please let us know.
Old 02-22-07, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by gimmepilotwings

I thought this was a joke when I heard it too.
Aw man, i was totally serious. It's just a neat extra to have on a videogame.
Old 02-22-07, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
I think the way it works is that anything that used to plug into the PS2 controller ports (like the Guitar Hero guitar) won't work because it doesn't have the "PS" button that's on the Sixaxis. To start a PS2 game you need to hit the PS, so those won't work - although I think a forthcoming 3rd party adapter will have its own PS button to get around this. As far as I know, things that plug into a USB port (like the mics) should work fine as long as you can use the Sixaxis to start the game. I haven't tested this myself, but I've read it in a few places. If you test it out, please let us know.
Yup! You are correct! As I packed up my PS2 today, i realized I can't play guitar hero now. I guess I'll just get it for the 360 :-) I spent all afternoon playing Karaoke Revolution :-)