Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Ritz Camera = Teh Suck

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Ritz Camera = Teh Suck

Old 02-21-07, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Ritz Camera = Teh Suck

I ordered a pair of headphones listed IN STOCK on 2/6. On 2/7, I get a shipping notification from them. Great news. Here we are 2/21 and no item. So I call Ritz to inquire. They said that that's an automated notice and the item has not shipped. They do not know when it will. I asked why my credit card was charged when they haven't shipped the item, and there was basically no answer.

Thank you Amex, for having an easy dispute system.

Don't bother ordered from these guys. If they can't send a $30 set of phones properly, I wouldn't order anything of real value from these jokers.
Old 02-22-07, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
I ordered $2500 worth of camera equipment from there about a year and a half ago and had no problems whatsoever.
Old 02-22-07, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Isn't Ritz Camera the company that goes by a bunch of names, and makes you order lenses and other stuff to buy a camera?
Old 02-23-07, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by jjcool
Isn't Ritz Camera the company that goes by a bunch of names, and makes you order lenses and other stuff to buy a camera?
No.
Old 02-23-07, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,734 Likes on 1,083 Posts
I think it does have other names in different regions but I don't know about the other stuff.
Old 02-23-07, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ben12
No.
Then who is that?

Ritz has a rating of 1.40 at resellerratings.com and horror story after horror story in the comments section.

Last edited by jjcool; 02-23-07 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-24-07, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Then who is that?

Ritz has a rating of 1.40 at resellerratings.com and horror story after horror story in the comments section.
Damn. I should have read those first. I'm not too worried about winning the challenge with AMEX. Either they can prove it was shipped and delivered or they actually do, or I get my money back. I win any way.
Old 02-24-07, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Damn. I should have read those first. I'm not too worried about winning the challenge with AMEX. Either they can prove it was shipped and delivered or they actually do, or I get my money back. I win any way.
I wouldnt be too worried about AMEX coming through for you if you need them to. I distinctly remember someone posting a thread saying they advertised a camera body for real cheap, then after he ordered it they called him up and said if he wanted that body he was gonna have to buy a lense and spend more money, as they didnt have any more body only kits and didnt know when they were coming in again.
Old 02-25-07, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I wouldnt be too worried about AMEX coming through for you if you need them to. I distinctly remember someone posting a thread saying they advertised a camera body for real cheap, then after he ordered it they called him up and said if he wanted that body he was gonna have to buy a lense and spend more money, as they didnt have any more body only kits and didnt know when they were coming in again.
I'm not too worried, as Ritz won't be able to show Amex anything. Plus AMEX has consistently come through with problem merchants I've had in the past.

Not surprised after my experience that Ritz treats their customers like shit.
Old 02-25-07, 12:45 PM

That sounds strange to me because I bought a camera body from Ritzcamera.com on sale for $750. I just bought the body, no extras with it. It came on time and I had no problems with them at all. After that, I went and ordered lenses and other accessories in several other orders.
Old 02-26-07, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That sounds strange to me because I bought a camera body from Ritzcamera.com on sale for $750. I just bought the body, no extras with it. It came on time and I had no problems with them at all. After that, I went and ordered lenses and other accessories in several other orders.
you were lucky
Old 02-26-07, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks are probably talking about those NYC based camera shops that work this way.

A buddy at work bought a Sony camera 2-3 years ago and was pushed to purchase accessories. They did not push much after he said no.

Ritzcamera on the other hand is a major retailer and they would not work the same like the NY predators at the NYC camera shops.
Old 02-26-07, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by juanmgonzalez
Folks are probably talking about those NYC based camera shops that work this way.
Be very careful about buying extended warranties from those people. They are notorious for cashing your checks and not providing an actual warranty. If your camera has a problem, they will apologize for not activating the warranty and offer your money back on the warranty price rather than have the camera fixed. It's free money for them.
Old 02-26-07, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ever since I lost about $500 from one of these f'n NYC scammers (Camerasphere.com) to be exact, I won't go near anything that's not Best Buy/Circuit City or Amazon for online. I lost that cash because I (idiotically beyond reason) put it on a debit card, if I put it on my AMEX they would have taken care of it. They're great about disputes in my experience.
Old 02-26-07, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"teh"? What does this mean? Did you mistype "the"?
Old 02-26-07, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 202 Likes on 117 Posts
Not all NYC camera places are a scam either. I bought from B&H and they are fabulous!
Old 02-26-07, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisedge
Not all NYC camera places are a scam either. I bought from B&H and they are fabulous!
B&H are J&R should not be included in this - those are reputable places for sure.

I was just talking about the fly by night shops that advertise the lowest price on pricegrabber/etc.
Old 02-26-07, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts
Then who is that?

You are thinking of the infamous PriceRitePhoto
Old 02-27-07, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
You are thinking of the infamous PriceRitePhoto
nope.
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Ritz_Camera_7