Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

What Shows series finale was most emotional to you?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-19-07, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m not asking what was the best/worst series finale im asking what was the most emotional series for you.
A show that you have followed from the beginning or a short time after and after so many years on the air following the characters every week you were sad to see go and know that there would never be any new episodes ever again.

Last night I watched the “Reba” series finale and to me it was an emotional one for me cause I knew the show will never have any new episodes and the spin-off that is rumored probably will never happen.

Another one for me was “Coach”, this is my #1 favorite show of all time, laugh at me all you want but I loved this show and while everyone else was watching Seinfeld I was watching “Coach”. After 9 seasons this show came to an end and damn I almost cried out my own blood I was so sad the show wasn’t going for a another season.

Other emotional finales:
-Will & Grace (not a great series finale but sad it wasn’t coming back)
-Roseanne (Awful season 9 and in a way glad season 10 didn’t come and kill the whole show but still was sad when it went off the airwaves)
-Third watch (great series and a underrated show, season 7 was non-stop from start to finish and the series finale was both emotional and exiting)

which series finales were emotional for you?
Old 02-19-07, 11:22 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel.
Old 02-19-07, 11:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
The X-Files

Even though it was probably the only show I've watched, start to finish, and it's my favorite show, it was definitely an emotional ending.
Old 02-19-07, 11:36 PM

Cheers for me. Seeing Sam go back into the bar and closing was touching.
Old 02-19-07, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts
I'm still not over the finale of Quantum Leap!
Old 02-19-07, 11:44 PM

Quantum Leap. This was an important show in my childhood, and when it ended, it was like closing that chapter in my life.(My Dad and I used to watch it together)
Old 02-20-07, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

ANGEL

-Knowing it was ending, going out with such a powerful swing of the sword...

DS9

-After all the battles,the goodbyes, and the see you laters, seeing Jake Sisko looking out at the wormhole, waiting for his father to come home...

I'm a little teary-eyed just thinking of both.
Old 02-20-07, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Six Feet Under. Hands down.

I've never cried so hard from a non-real life event before.
Old 02-20-07, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Six Feet Under
Queer as Folk
Will & Grace
Old 02-20-07, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
"Barney Miller" was one of the first shows I followed from beginning to end. I always remembered the final scene when everyone is saying their goodbyes and the lights being turned off in the building for the last time.

"Little House on the Prairie: The Last Farewell," which was actually the third telemovie of the television series. The future of Walnut Grove ends on a somber note.
Old 02-20-07, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I STILL feel an empty void (insert Woody Allen joke here) every Tuesday at 8 - the loss of 'Buffy' is something I may well never get over, and I was pretty much in shock when it aired.

But, if you mean solely because of the CONTENT of the finale, rather than its status as the last episode, then 'Six Feet Under', hands down.

other candidates: I was surprised at how (successfully) emotional the finale of 'The Larry Sanders Show' was, and I was pretty sad that I'd never see the Bluths again.
Old 02-20-07, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Surprised there aren't more votes for Six Feet Under. I have never cried harder in any movie, TV show, or book. Hell many real life events didn't have me crying so hard. I still can't watch it without wasting a few tissues in the process. Even people who've never seen the show are glued to the screen and crying.
Old 02-20-07, 02:46 AM
Cool New Member

Six Feet Under. End of thread.
Old 02-20-07, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another vote for Six Feet Under.
Old 02-20-07, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
Angel : After a somewhat dull first half to the season, the show really started picking up steam again and, even though this SEEMED like a cliff-hanger, it was the perfect satisfying ending to a very exciting show. I felt a strange sense of euphoria after this show aired because everything seemed to fall into place where it should be.

Farscape : I mean the actual series ender, not the mini-series. It was such a powerful cliff-hanger that my jaw was dropped for days, not believing that I would not see the end to this storyline and cursing sci-fi for not giving the fifth promised season
Old 02-20-07, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Dinosaurs
Old 02-20-07, 07:43 AM

The last episode of Babylon 5, "Sleeping in Light". This one had me crying like a baby...well, almost. An emotional ending/sendoff after 5 years.

I never saw Six Feet Under. Sounds like a good blind buy from everyone's comments here, but I wish the HBO sets weren't so damn expensive!

--John
Old 02-20-07, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Another vote for Six Feet Under

Homefront would be next... only because it ended too soon thanks to the idiots at ABC. It's just as well... it was too good for tv anyway.

Another was Wiseguy. But, for me the series ended when Ken Wahl left. They never should have continued it for another season w/ that wannabe, Steven Bauer. And they should have NEVER done that stupid Tv Movie to tie things up. AGH!
Old 02-20-07, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JSwarce
I never saw Six Feet Under. Sounds like a good blind buy from everyone's comments here, but I wish the HBO sets weren't so damn expensive!

--John
They are airing them on Bravo. I'm sure they're butching them to death.. but something is better than nothing. And there's always Netflix.
Old 02-20-07, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jack & Bobby
Old 02-20-07, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RobCA
Six Feet Under
Queer as Folk
Will & Grace
(And we even share the same first name!!!!!)
Old 02-20-07, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
M*A*S*H

Good Times - They all got out of the ghetto!

Alice - Yes, everyone saying goodbye to each other as the diner closes got me choked up.

NYPD Blue - The finale itself was just okay, but I had been watching since the first episode.
Old 02-20-07, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by antennaball
Dinosaurs

i remember this being quite controversial when it ended because the very last shot implied the end (literal death) of all of the dinosaurs. pretty heavy stuff for a light-hearted family show.

for me, the most emotional series finale was dawsons creek. i started watching it with a girlfriend in high school and continued until the very last episode, even after we broke up. yes, i was the varsity soccer playing closet dawsons creek fan. not even my best friends knew. i never missed an episode.

*prepares for the flames*
Old 02-20-07, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jpoppe
yes, i was the varsity soccer playing closet dawsons creek fan. not even my best friends knew. i never missed an episode.
*prepares for the flames*
I just started watching on DVD. After finishing season 2, I bought the rest. I am absolutely hooked. Its Hard to admit being a 49 year old male, watching and thoroughly enjoying a teen soap. I don't tell people I am watching it, due to the looks I get. You know .... that "Are you a 14 year old girl?" look.

With the loss of The WB, I think this kind of drama is gone. There really isn't anything like it on TV now.
Old 02-20-07, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Six Feet Under
Babylon 5
Mortal Kombat Conquest....well not really, but I did like that they ended the series killing all the main characters and letting the bad guys win.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.