Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD Lost My Order, What Can I Do?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 02-17-07, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Geez, I can't believe my rotten luck. I placed an order with DDD for 40 bucks on Feb. 7, and it has not arrived. So I logged into the website, and it does not show my order in my order history! Yet, I paid with paypal, and they show that the transaction was completed.

Even worse, I reformatted my PC hard drive last week, and I didn't bother to back up my emails. I've never had a problem with DDD, and I can't believe the order has just disappeared. Am I totally screwed here? How can I prove to them that I paid?
Old 02-17-07, 10:09 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdaddict32
Geez, I can't believe my rotten luck. I placed an order with DDD for 40 bucks on Feb. 7, and it has not arrived. So I logged into the website, and it does not show my order in my order history! Yet, I paid with paypal, and they show that the transaction was completed.

Even worse, I reformatted my PC hard drive last week, and I didn't bother to back up my emails. I've never had a problem with DDD, and I can't believe the order has just disappeared. Am I totally screwed here? How can I prove to them that I paid?
Call them. They recently reconfigured their website and are still migrating things to the new system, so your history may not be uploaded yet. They will still be able to look up your past orders if you call them.
Old 02-17-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Your paypal history is not kept on your home computer.
Old 02-17-07, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like DVDJosh said, your PayPal info is available from any computer. Just log-in and and get the transaction number from that order and there is the proof.
Old 02-18-07, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think he knows his Paypal info isn't stored on his hard drive. It sounds to me like his concern is all he has is a Paypal payment, he has no emails or record of the order existing. I'd say take rich-y's advice and call them. It's probably just an issue with something not showing up on the new site yet.