Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Psycho Cop 2, is there an uncut version?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-07, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Apparently the current dvd while labeled 85 minutes, its the hacked up R rated cut.
Seems like a fun graphic movie, here are the list of cuts
Spoiler:
R rated version is HEAVILY censored & runs only 80 minutes sloppily editing out all the gore & most of the nudity to avoid an NC-17 rating. Unrated version with all sex/nudity & gore intact runs 85 minutes. This version is available in Canada from Alliance Releasing. All known U.S. releases from Columbia/Tristar are the heavily censored R version. Scenes severely cut in order to avoid an NC-17 include:
More graphic footage of the inside of Officer Joe Vickers car during the credits with severed body parts & grue smeared all over.
The night watchman getting his eye gouged with a pencil.
Longer & more explicit striptease sequence with the three strippers
A couple having sex in a copy room. This sequence is missing in the R version & picks up later on as they are getting dressed.
The couple from the copy room getting impaled together on a wall. Vicker's shoves the pole through the guy with graphic shots of it protruding out his back & then into the women.
Larry getting shot in the head, showing the back of his head bursting open in a flood of brain & grue which splatter on wall behind him The R version cuts just as Vicker pulls the trigger & shows Brians reaction, as they all bolt down the hall to escape.
Guy on the roof as he gets shot in the head, blood pours out of his mouth as the camera lingers for a few seconds before falling down. Vickers then kicks his body a few times in up close shot. Much of that is missing in the R version & just goes to the infamous postmortem Miranda Rights speech where Vicker's reads him his rights with a twist.
Stripper being shot in the head in the stairway is extremely gruesome. Much like Larry's death..this shows the back of her head explode in grue which splatter's a HUGE mess on the wall.
Vickers getting axed: while not extremely gruesome, the impact is left onscreen, rather than cutting from the ax swinging, then all of a sudden sticking out of his stomach in the R version.
Brian getting axed in the back is onscreen as he winces in pain for a few seconds as you see Vicke's enjoy his suffering,laughing .The R version abruptly cuts to Brian stumbling into the lobby with ax in back
Vickers beating at the end is much longer in the unrated version.
I was wondering if there is any way to get the uncut version that contains all the blood and sex.
Old 02-18-07, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It's extremely hard to find unfortunately. I found the Canadian Aliance release about 5 years ago(maybe longer) on ebay,and have'nt seen it listed since.

If you do locate the Aliance release,make sure it is the unrated version. Since a cut version may have been released as well. The VHS says 'unrated version' on the back of the case.

I'm told the UK releases of the film by Columbia may be of the unrated version. But I don't know for certain. But one thing is for sure,you are missing out on all the gore if you see the R rated version!
Old 02-18-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

shit, if you have a dvd burner, shoot me an email or pm
Old 02-19-07, 01:59 AM

I was happy to find the unrated version when I did. Since I saw the film a few times in the mid/late 90's on Showtime and liked it,but the obvious cuts were annoying as hell. It's cut in the same fashion as My Bloody Valentine with bad jump cuts galore. And it's funny that the Columbia VHS package says "Full of state of the art gore" when all the gore is missing in the R version. So getting the uncut version was like a 'holy grail' for myself,since I never thought I would find it.
Old 02-21-07, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Julie Walker
I was happy to find the unrated version when I did. Since I saw the film a few times in the mid/late 90's on Showtime and liked it,but the obvious cuts were annoying as hell. It's cut in the same fashion as My Bloody Valentine with bad jump cuts galore. And it's funny that the Columbia VHS package says "Full of state of the art gore" when all the gore is missing in the R version. So getting the uncut version was like a 'holy grail' for myself,since I never thought I would find it.
You found it on DVD or VHS?
Old 02-21-07, 09:11 PM

Vhs
Old 02-23-07, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was foolish enough to buy the r-rated DVD a couple of weeks ago, not knowing it was cut.