DVD Talk
My Name Is Earl -- "the Birthday Party" -- 02.15.2007 [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : My Name Is Earl -- "the Birthday Party" -- 02.15.2007

Rogue588
02-15-07, 01:17 PM
http://members.aol.com/rogue588/DVDTalk/eb.jpg

"the Birthday Party"

As he celebrates his birthday, Earl reflects on the items that he has crossed off his list in the past year.

Trelach24
02-15-07, 01:41 PM
So is this some sort of crappy flashback episode?

movieking
02-15-07, 01:46 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I really hope it isn't.

wergo
02-15-07, 02:05 PM
Clip shows make Baby Jesus cry.

And me flip over to another station.

ReelMovieLover
02-15-07, 03:23 PM
Jason Lee is amazing. I just got the second season on DVD. I love this show.:)

pinata242
02-15-07, 03:40 PM
The same second season we're all watching and doesn't end until May? :hscratch:

rfduncan
02-15-07, 05:34 PM
Hmmm. My birthday isn't until tomorrow. :sad::banana:

MEJHarrison
02-15-07, 06:45 PM
I just got the second season on DVD.

Cool! Then you can tell us if tonight's new episode is a clip show or not. :banana:

wergo
02-15-07, 08:30 PM
Meh.

Well, it wasn't a clip show (though the teaser worried be somewhat) but it still wasn't all that funny either. Better than last week, though.

Best parts: "hold it for 2 hours like Sting" and the horror of having to listen to a Phish album without being stoned.

Rogue588
02-15-07, 08:31 PM
"C'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn"

mverleg1
02-15-07, 09:34 PM
I love that they maintain continuity of little things. Did anyone else notice that Nescobar Aloplop stole the pen. This was a call back to an earlier episode. As I recall, he was in a support group for it.

Snowmaker
02-15-07, 10:11 PM

Desmond? :scratch2:

ChrisHicks
02-16-07, 12:17 AM

if you think the second season is great just wait until you get the third season set. its the best season yet.

MrX
02-16-07, 12:21 AM
Earl's dad on pills was pretty funny as was the montage of Earl making fun of Joy.

Trelach24
02-16-07, 03:56 AM
I hate how they're just ignoring the Randy - Catalina storyline. This is the second show in about a month where they've done that. I think the other one was the Cops episode. It's like they have certain shows in the can and just show them randomly.

emachine12
02-16-07, 04:30 AM
They closed the storyline between Randy and Catalina. She made the sex so bad that he stopped liking her. Oddly, she ended up falling for him because he was good in bed.

Sadly, Randy just doesn't feel the same way about her anymore thanks to her "pretending to be his mom."

movieking
02-16-07, 06:03 AM
I love that they maintain continuity of little things. Did anyone else notice that Nescobar Aloplop stole the pen. This was a call back to an earlier episode. As I recall, he was in a support group for it.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Good callback.

I enjoyed this episode. I love it when we see Bad Earl.

Chew
02-16-07, 07:08 AM
"C'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn"

:lol: Now we can add that to the "Come On" library alongside Arrested Development. ;)

Giantrobo
02-16-07, 07:41 AM
I loved how Earl went from happy to be at his party to sheer misery after all the old stories. :lol:

The one legged chick. :lol: Why wouldn't she use her fake leg?

JasonF
02-16-07, 07:45 AM
I loved how Earl went from happy to be at his party to sheer misery after all the old stories. :lol:

The one legged chick. :lol: Why wouldn't she use her fake leg?

Because Earl stole it: "#86 on my list -- stole a one-legged woman's fake leg."

Giantrobo
02-16-07, 08:22 AM

Ooooh , ok thanks man. That was when he was running away after they woke up right? I was distracted during parts of that scene so I didn't see/hear the whole thing. Makes sense....

cdollaz
02-16-07, 09:04 AM
One of the better episodes of the season. One reason is because it didn't have much Randy or Catalina.

pinata242
02-16-07, 09:12 AM
Earl's dad is awesome :lol:

"There's a goose on the loose!"

"No fat chicks... I'm just kiddin', I love fat chicks!"

CreamyGoodness
02-16-07, 09:16 AM

Desmond? :scratch2:

Oh SNAP!

Charlie Goose
02-16-07, 09:18 AM
Earl's dad is awesome :lol:

"There's a goose on the loose!"

That's actually how I got my nickname when I was a kid. :)

And a woman walking with a fake leg isn't nearly as funny as a woman hopping slowly up a flight of stairs on one leg.

CPA-ESQ.
02-16-07, 09:31 AM
This was by far one of the BEST Earls !!

"Look I'm an alcoholic Hampster" :lol:

So many call backs! You almost expected this to be the series finale

Cusm
02-16-07, 10:48 AM
This was by far one of the BEST Earls !!

"Look I'm an alcoholic Hampster" :lol:

So many call backs! You almost expected this to be the series finale

You need to show Mr. Turtle that, he will crack up.

rfduncan
02-16-07, 11:10 AM
They closed the storyline between Randy and Catalina. She made the sex so bad that he stopped liking her. Oddly, she ended up falling for him because he was good in bed.

Sadly, Randy just doesn't feel the same way about her anymore thanks to her "pretending to be his mom."
Exactly. And it wasn't "ignored" at all. In fact, Catalina made a reference to this "reversal" while she was making up the guys' motel room last week and Randy didn't bite IIRC.

Chew
02-16-07, 11:11 AM
The Office thread is talking about all the HD problems during the episode. I had it there too, but it was much worse starting the evening with Earl: I had a grey bar of something on the right of the screen that distorted the image. It wasn't my TV as when it popped into SD, it went away. They kept it in SD until it came back from a commercial break halfway through in HD and it was gone.

A full night of NBC screwing up their HD feeds, apparently. :lol:

milwaukee_mike
02-16-07, 11:18 AM
This episode had one of Randy's best, drawn out explanations ever:

Randy, "Look, I got you a birthday cake for 1/2 price"
Earl- "Who is Gary?"
Randy- "Oh, he works for Power and Water, only he was standing in some water when he touched some power so they had to postpone the retirement party, but we're invited, please no gifts."

Big Dave
02-16-07, 11:37 AM
The Office thread is talking about all the HD problems during the episode. I had it there too, but it was much worse starting the evening with Earl: I had a grey bar of something on the right of the screen that distorted the image. It wasn't my TV as when it popped into SD, it went away. They kept it in SD until it came back from a commercial break halfway through in HD and it was gone.

Same thing happened with my Earl feed.

I think after the first commercial it was gone.

nazz
02-16-07, 11:46 AM
Randy and the vacuum cleaner prank. :up:

Patman
02-16-07, 12:37 PM
I never need to see Earl's dad and mom dancing. I think I like Earl and Joy's bit the best (C'monnnnn!).

SonOfAStu
02-16-07, 10:21 PM

Not NBC. I just watched this off my DVR and it was not screwed up at all. (WXPI-D in Pittsburgh).

Fantastic episode. I watched it with two people who had never seen the show and they were cracking up. Might have to download the first season now.

LorenzoL
02-17-07, 08:47 AM

My DVR recording cut off 8 minutes early. I don't know where the problem originated whether it was the NBC feed or the Canadian simulcast.

boogieman03
02-17-07, 04:52 PM
Hilarious episode. The "Cmoooooonnn" segment was my favorite.

Tommy Ceez
02-17-07, 05:40 PM
He stole her CAR