Search this Thread

Old 02-15-07, 11:32 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Scrubs - "My Perspective" - 2/15/07

"My Perspective"
Spoiler:
J.D. develops a condition which results in fainting and blackouts; Eliot and Turk debate over whose turn it is to care for a down-on-his-luck resident.
Old 02-15-07, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TVSquad on the set of Scrubs

Scrubs set photos

Spoiler:
I wonder if the Janitor will do anything to J.D. when he faints and blacks out.

Last edited by zekeburger1979; 02-15-07 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-15-07, 02:13 PM
Banned

I seriously hate that so many good shows are on Thursday. I just started getting into this show. I watch the reruns at 11:30 every night but I'm still confused about a lot of stuff between each character. However, I'd still watch new episodes, but Scrubs is on at the same time as one of my other Thursday night shows. It's so annoying I need dvr so bad.
Old 02-15-07, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ReelMovieLover
I seriously hate that so many good shows are on Thursday. I just started getting into this show. I watch the reruns at 11:30 every night but I'm still confused about a lot of stuff between each character. However, I'd still watch new episodes, but Scrubs is on at the same time as one of my other Thursday night shows. It's so annoying I need dvr so bad.
Welcome to the "Thursday at 9PM" slot competition. Now that Grey's Anatomy isn't repeating on Friday nights, I have to Tivo that and NBC and record Supernatural onto a DVD in another room. That is the only hour of the week that such a thing happens!

Yikes!
Old 02-15-07, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm not even sure what's happening with this show anymore...esp. since I am able to see every show from the spectacular first three seasons on syndication about 15 times a week. BTW, why does Carla have a cane? I must have missed that episode.
Old 02-15-07, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So what is the deal with thetoddtime.com?

Last edited by Ketamine; 02-15-07 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-15-07, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Carla turned her ankle when JD pushed her in the RV last week. I am trying thetoddtime.com but so is everyone else.
Old 02-15-07, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020
I am trying thetoddtime.com but so is everyone else.
If you google it it says the page is under construction.
Old 02-15-07, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ketamine
If you google it it says the page is under construction.
Screw it. I'm gonna call Turk and see if he knows what's going on.
Old 02-15-07, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Liked this episode more than the past few, but I don't really know why, I guess it just felt more like classic scrubs.
Old 02-15-07, 10:55 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
"I'm Bob Kelso and I like whores"

ok episode
Old 02-15-07, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

did eliot use the same teacher-student sex reference that they did in tonights 'my name is earl'?
Old 02-16-07, 05:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Screw it. I'm gonna call Turk and see if he knows what's going on.
Ha, whats his number again? 800-CALLTURK? or was there an actual area code?
Old 02-16-07, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You can get through to thetoddtime.com now. It is the Todd in a speedo dancing in front of the hospital. It is very slow loading though.
Old 02-16-07, 09:02 AM
Cool New Member

A ho-hum episode. Very little has really stood out this season for me. I still like the show, but it doesn't have that magic that it did the first three seasons. I don't feel like I can recommend the show to friends like I used to be able to do.

That said, I still find the show funny. One of the best bits was J.D. dressed as Frankenstein going back and forth from growling monster to the typical whiny J.D. Janitor's "Operation Boy Who Cried Wolf" was elaborately bizarre. Kelso echoing his words got a chuckle out of me too.
Old 02-16-07, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

this was a decent episode, last weeks episode was much better but this one was decent. i have never seen a bad episode of scrubs.
to bad garbage anatomy and Boring SI is killing it in the ratings.
NBC really, really should put this show on another day, maybe fridays at 10pm (9pm).

or "death saturdays" i bet this show would do really good on saturdays, actually i really don't know where this show could go to get good ratings, people seem to miss out on a great show like scrubs over half assed overrated pieces of garbage.
Old 02-17-07, 12:17 AM

Agreed nateman. I feel like I'm in the minority when I say that shows like CSI do nothing for me. Their focus is on the case, and while the case may be important, it's the people that I want to watch. How can all three flavors of CSI kill in the ratings after all these years?!!?
Old 02-17-07, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by groovrbaby
Agreed nateman. I feel like I'm in the minority when I say that shows like CSI do nothing for me. Their focus is on the case, and while the case may be important, it's the people that I want to watch. How can all three flavors of CSI kill in the ratings after all these years?!!?
thats a good question,
i guess people like "safe" shows, that from week to week are pretty much the same thing. Rarely do these type of shows step out of there forumlaic like ways. I think that scrubs is the total package, it has the best comedy, when its dramatic its exellent acting and its all in 21min.
Newsradio comes to mind as another great Underappreciated sitcom. I wish people would take a chance and try something new instead of watching the same repetitive garbage every week.
my name is earl, scrubs & the soon to end 30 rock are all great shows and people choose to watch Ugly Betty,CSI,Grey's anatomy & shark (which is the most formulaic show in my opinion on tv in a long time).

16.86 million more people watched CSI over Scrubs this week
19.98 million more people watched Grey’s Anatomy over Scrubs this week

that is insane. but i can't change what people watch so i guess quality shows will always go down because no one gives it a chance, thanks to all the people who do give new things a try through.
Old 02-17-07, 03:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm curious to see how this revelation to JD will affect him in future episodes. I finally see how they could possibly end this series. JD becomes much more self confident person.
Old 02-17-07, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Nice possible nod to Everyone Hates Chris with the behind Indian and Arctic, you are my favorite Ocean, Billy.