Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Borders 30% Discount Coupon Question

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 02-15-07, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I just got an email through with a link to the 30% off discount coupon from Borders. Now i was given a Borders Voucher (worth $50) for my birthday and i wanted to make sure that they will allow me to use this with it. Also does anyone know if the discount is valid for any box set DVDs? I was thinking about trying to use the vouchers more than once until i saw the little type at the bottom about one per person and having to be a rewards card member. I presume that if you try to use it more than once it shows on your account. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 02-15-07, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, it's valid on box sets, and yes you should be able to use it with a gift certificate. As for the limit, I don't think they enforce it. I've used multiple coupons on the same day, and no one has ever tried to stop me.
Old 02-15-07, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,646 Likes on 1,832 Posts
You shouldn't have any problem using a gift card/gift cert. with a coupon. I've done this before.

I even used coupons when I've cashed in my Borders Reward balance. They seem to treat all of that stuff the same as cash.

Also, you shouldn't have any problem using a coupon on a boxed set since. I think the "single DVD or CD" thing just means one item and doesn't have anything to do with the number of discs. I've used coupons on both CD and DVD boxed sets with no problem.