Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon.ca... What the Hell?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 02-14-07, 05:47 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I order from these guys every once in awhile, but lately, they've sure gone to the birds. The items I order say "In stock" and yet it still takes forever for them to ship the items. I ordered on Feb. 6 and they shipped on Feb 11. Today I still haven't got anything.

I guess they don't say "Usually ships within 24 hours" like some places, but even so, you sort of assme a prompt shipment. It's pretty bad when you can get stuff off Ebay from the USA and still get it as quick.
Old 02-14-07, 06:41 PM

You expect to get it in 3 days?????Did you get the free shipping or have to
pay..Normal shipping is more than 3 days..Sometimes a week or so..
DG
Old 02-14-07, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by disneyguy
You expect to get it in 3 days?????
Two days. The 11th was a Sunday.

Seems like an odd expectation.
Old 02-14-07, 10:19 PM
Suspended

It took 5 days to ship out. You think that's exceptional? Most places get them out in 24 hours. Items were in stock!
Old 02-15-07, 02:53 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by old-boo-radley
It took 5 days to ship out. You think that's exceptional? Most places get them out in 24 hours. Items were in stock!
no, 5 days is very slow by todays standards..dont know why that took so long? was it official amazon or a marketplace seller? email their customer service and ask perhaps they can better explain
Old 02-15-07, 03:10 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by romuo
no, 5 days is very slow by todays standards..dont know why that took so long? was it official amazon or a marketplace seller? email their customer service and ask perhaps they can better explain
It was official Amazon. But it's been like this for the last couple times I've ordered and I think I'm pretty much done with them.
Old 02-15-07, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Amazon.com (US version) has definitely slowed down their shipping if you choose "free shipping". Expect it to take about a week before it ships, and then up to another week in transit. Amazon.ca is probably just doing the same thing.

I used to just do the "free shipping" thing for items "in-stock", expecting them to ship in 24 hours, then spend a while in transit. I think Amazon realized that too many people were willing to do this, so now they wait a while before even shipping things out, if you choose free shipping, even if the item is "in-stock".
Old 02-16-07, 09:06 AM

If you want your stuff shipped out fast. Pay for shipping! Free Shipping on Amazon.ca takes 3+ days longer to ship as they warn you when you place you order.

As for items not shipping out right away when they are instock and usually ship in 24 hours. I got an item that had that on, which I ordered like 4 months ago and its STILL not shipped.
Old 02-16-07, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You get what you pay for. With me, I have enough unwatched DVDs that I don't get my undies in a twist if DVDs don't arrive exactly in 3 days.