Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

1800 flowers suckage

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

1800 flowers suckage

Old 02-14-07, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 486 Likes on 285 Posts
1800 flowers suckage

So I ordered flowers back on around the 1st to be delivered on Valentine's Day to my girlfriend. I specifically remember paying 15 dollars extra for the guaranteed 14th day of delivery rather than only 9 dollars to be guaranteed on either the 13th or 14th. However it still gets delivered to my girlfriend on the 13th. Now, she didn't care, and the flowers were nice, but I am actually annoyed. So I contact 1800 flowers and they tell me that they go through DHL and there is a 2 day window they can't do anything about. That's fine and all, but then what right do they have to take my 15 bucks extra if they can't provide the service?

Should I call my credit card and dispute charges for shipping? Is it worth it? I doubt they are going to do anything for me, but I hate to let them get away with it.

What would you guys do?
Old 02-14-07, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
So I ordered flowers back on around the 1st to be delivered on Valentine's Day to my girlfriend. I specifically remember paying 15 dollars extra for the guaranteed 14th day of delivery rather than only 9 dollars to be guaranteed on either the 13th or 14th. However it still gets delivered to my girlfriend on the 13th. Now, she didn't care, and the flowers were nice, but I am actually annoyed. So I contact 1800 flowers and they tell me that they go through DHL and there is a 2 day window they can't do anything about. That's fine and all, but then what right do they have to take my 15 bucks extra if they can't provide the service?

Should I call my credit card and dispute charges for shipping? Is it worth it? I doubt they are going to do anything for me, but I hate to let them get away with it.

What would you guys do?
You paid extra for GURANTEED 2/14 delivery.... it's their responsibility to make sure that happens.... if DHL can't do it, then they need to use another shipper for specific day deliveries. Absolutely dispute w/ your credit card company if they won't refund the $15.
Old 02-14-07, 10:10 AM

Is it really DHL's fault if they beat garaunteed deliver by date?
Old 02-14-07, 10:20 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They did a similar thing to me. And because of their screw-up, UPS screwed up and everything was ruined.

I ordered a wine gift basket to arrive on Monday the 12th. I chose that day specifically because I knew the item had to be signed for, and Monday was the day I could be home to do it.

So they ship it early anyway and UPS tries to deliver it on both the 8th and the 9th. No one home. I get the notice on the 9th and contact UPS, telling them to hold the package at the warehouse and I will just pick it up on Monday the 12th. They enter that info into their system. Monday morning I decide to check the tracking info just to confirm that it's being held, and the most recent entry says "PACKAGE REFUSED. RETURNED TO SHIPPER."

I'm furious. This is a Valentine's Day gift. So I call UPS and of course there's nothing they can do. They are somehow completely unable to prevent the package from being returned. So I call 1800flowers back, and they assure me that they can send a replacement to me overnight, along with a gift certificate for my troubles. Fine, that'll do.

I call back later in the day and they tell me that my package was shipped and is due to arrive on Thursday. WTF! So I told them to refund my money for the first shipment (which they've now received) and that I'll be returning the replacement as well. I've yet to hear back from them.
Old 02-14-07, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would use 2dozenroses in the future (for roses anyway). They have standard overnight and have never missed the promised delivery day. Plus their roses are awesome, big Ecuadoran ones. (Just a satisfied customer here.)
Old 02-14-07, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GradVT06
... Absolutely dispute w/ your credit card company if they won't refund the $15.
Ditto. First though, call and complain, they should credit your account the $15.
Old 02-14-07, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Whatever happened to just using the local florist? I know they are pricier, but you can actually pick out what you want and know you'll get it when you need it.
Old 02-14-07, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0

What would you guys do?
That's all you needed to hear. If they use DHL, avoid them.
Old 02-14-07, 08:32 PM

I went with proflowers.com this year. Ordered on the 12th, choose flexible delivery(13th or14th). My wife received 2 dozen BEAUTIFUL assorted roses early Tues. morning(13th). Good Company!!
Old 02-14-07, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

DHL BLows......'nough said.

-p
Old 02-14-07, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pedagogue
DHL BLows......'nough said.

-p
Ya DHL sucks. Or blows. Or whatever.

They are always late in my experience.
Old 02-14-07, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The last time I was unfortunate enough to have something delivered by DHL, the driver pulled the old "no one available for delivery" scam on me. This happens when the driver is running late or can't be bothered to drive across town to deliver your package. They leave the package in truck, enter a bogus "no one available" code in their computer and go home. Bastages....
Old 02-15-07, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine still haven't shown up....and their customer service is awful, the automated prompt tells you they are busy and hangs up on you. Website only tells me that I placed an order. Never again.

Last edited by xfilekr; 02-15-07 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-15-07, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 321 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by head dvd nut
I went with proflowers.com this year. Ordered on the 12th, choose flexible delivery(13th or14th). My wife received 2 dozen BEAUTIFUL assorted roses early Tues. morning(13th). Good Company!!
Bad company. I paid extra for guaranteed delivery before 10:30AM on Valentines Day and my fiance is STILL waiting for the flowers to be delivered. They refunded my shipping costs, but seem to care less that I wasn't able to get her my Valentine's Day present on time. I've since asked for an entire refund...they never replied.
Old 02-22-07, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 486 Likes on 285 Posts
Originally Posted by KFelon
Is it really DHL's fault if they beat garaunteed deliver by date?
This was a guaranteed deliver ON date, not a deliver BY date. That was the whole point.

I figure I will update what happened since I had forgotten about this thread due to being so busy at work. They offered to refund me 3 bucks since normal shipping is 12 and I paid 15 for expedited so I guess I only added 3 bucks? I can't remember and they don't seem to keep any order detail on their website so I'm not going to argue. I checked my old e-mails, but it is no longer there. I was going to pursue further, but the earlier delivery date actually worked in my favor.

I had shipped the roses to my girlfriend at work, and they had closed on Valentine's Day due to snow so she wouldn't have gotten them that day.

The only other thing that annoyed me was that the picture on the website showed the roses in a basket laid out, but they actually just shipped the roses in a box. Again I would make a fuss, but my girlfriend was happy so I'll let it slide, and not order from them next year.
Old 02-22-07, 09:18 AM

i hate when they screw with you like that. i would dispute the charges.