superdeluxe
02-13-07, 09:07 AM
IB Jack Osbourne kid.

magiccmom
02-13-07, 10:03 AM
The Afro-American Beauty on roller skates

Groucho
02-13-07, 10:07 AM
Afro-AmericanIs this American Idol 1968?

smg669
02-13-07, 10:48 AM
Is this American Idol 1968?

I bleieve that if this were American Idol 1968 she would be either the colored girl or the negro girl.

Heat
02-13-07, 09:24 PM
So which familiar faces were booted tonight?

I missed the show, just forgot about it. I'll definately catch tomorrow's episode though.

sportsfan64
02-13-07, 09:38 PM
So which familiar faces were booted tonight?

Amanda, one of the best friends from NJ is gone. Baylee, the country farm girl who Simon loved in the original auditions, is gone. The girl with the nasty faces is gone. The Indian girl did not make it through either. They never even showed her singing. Her brother made it through, though. The show went very fast tonight.
Wednesday, they cut it down to 24.

Daytripper
02-13-07, 09:44 PM
Amanda, one of the best friends from NJ is gone. Baylee, the country farm girl who Simon loved in the original auditions, is gone.

I'm glad that skanky c-nt Amanda is gone. She did nothing during the auditions and then had the audacity to say "God looks after good people" (or something to that effect) when Baylee got cut. Go back to Jersey bitch.

sportsfan64
02-13-07, 09:56 PM
Another one that got cut was Robyn Troup, who actually won the Grammy contest and got to sing with Justin Timberlake Sunday night. I thought she was pretty good.
Robyn at the Grammys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raTztlVWYb8)

Goldberg74
02-13-07, 09:59 PM
The guy in the Navy got cut.

zuffy
02-13-07, 10:05 PM
I'm glad that skanky c-nt Amanda is gone. She did nothing during the auditions and then had the audacity to say "God looks after good people" (or something to that effect) when Baylee got cut. Go back to Jersey bitch.

Yeah, she was a friggin bitch. I was so happy when they cut her sorry ass. "I didn't flirt with guys" :rolleyes:

Heat
02-13-07, 10:20 PM
Was Amanda the first one or second singer? The second one was the one who Simon said was better than the first, then when she politely protested he told her that in this business you kick your competition when they are down (something to that affect).

And I'm suprised to hear that Baylee Brown left, I thought she had the looks / personality to advance. I am not suprised to hear that the girl with funny faces is gone - she was cute and had a decent voice but the faces were just way too distracting.

Astro
02-13-07, 10:42 PM
I loved the beat box in the group song... Wonder if he'll work that into all of his songs in the competition, heh.

Deftones
02-13-07, 11:24 PM
The beat box group was fantastic. The stupid twats from NJ needed to both go home. At least they got rid of the more ****y of the two.

SexualPudding
02-13-07, 11:33 PM
I was a little surprised to see that Jory girl do so crappy and get cut, as well as the Amish looking dude.

That Amanda girl may have been a C word, but she didn't fuck the song up, while Baylie couldn't remember over half of it. She may have been cute, but she acted like a spoiled little shit when she got cut, while Amanda acted pretty maturely when she did.

chino77
02-13-07, 11:34 PM
did the castro lookin guy get cut? i missed the first 20 minutes.

SexualPudding
02-13-07, 11:37 PM
Yes, Fidel did get cut, unfortunately. That's actually who I was referring to when I said Amish guy..I had totally forgotten about the Castro thing.

Roto
02-13-07, 11:38 PM
What happened to New York opera girl that sang the Jeff Buckley song in the first auditions? I didn't see her anywhere. They barely let her through to Hollywood because they hated the song, but she was obviously talented.

SexualPudding
02-13-07, 11:43 PM
Yep, I didn't see her either. If I had to guess, I'd say cutski, since they didn't even bother to show her, but who the hell knows?

Daytripper
02-13-07, 11:52 PM
That Amanda girl may have been a C word, but she didn't fuck the song up, while Baylie couldn't remember over half of it. She may have been cute, but she acted like a spoiled little shit when she got cut, while Amanda acted pretty maturely when she did.

Maturely? Sure, she walked off the stage gracefully when she told she wasn't going home. But her comments about God watching out for the good people was the most smug thing I've ever heard. Especially since her Jersey ass was too busy on a booty call instead of rehearsing. Karma is everything it seems.

Daytripper
02-13-07, 11:55 PM
The beat box group was fantastic. The stupid twats from NJ needed to both go home. At least they got rid of the more ****y of the two.

I agree. Wonder if youtube has the whole performance (?) Wouldn't mind seeing that.

Dying to know....at least they got rid of the more what of the two? You got censored. The C word with a Y ?

chino77
02-14-07, 12:03 AM
Yes, Fidel did get cut, unfortunately. That's actually who I was referring to when I said Amish guy..I had totally forgotten about the Castro thing.

was he pretty bad? i thought his audition was good. the fat guy "sundance head" wasnt so good tonight but he got through.

Patman
02-14-07, 12:22 AM
Every season, the contestants are warned to learn their frikkin' words to their group songs, and those who don't learn them typically get the heave-ho. Bailey's young, and she got stuck with a pair of contestants who diminished her chances, then again, I thought her voice was okay, and was coasting on her looks up until the group song.

Sanjaya did look awfully sad for his sister, even though he made it through another round.

Sundance Head was overpowering his songs, and was lucky to make it through.

I hope the human beatbox doesn't make it the final 24, that schtick would get old quick.

Not quite sure there are many strong female contestants, but AI has been canny in who they've showed so far. Not too high on Gina, she's got more attitude than talent from what I've heard so far.

SexualPudding
02-14-07, 12:25 AM
Maturely? Sure, she walked off the stage gracefully when she told she wasn't going home. But her comments about God watching out for the good people was the most smug thing I've ever heard. Especially since her Jersey ass was too busy on a booty call instead of rehearsing. Karma is everything it seems.

It was smug, but it also came on the heels of little blondie farm girl acting like a spoiled brat and basically talking shit right to her face. It was probably a kneejerk reaction to that.

About the flirting instead of rehearsing thing-who really gives a fuck? The bottom line is that she had her part of the song more or less down, and Baylie (sp?) was the one really struggling. There have been several instances in past years where people spent more time socializing than rehearsing, or went to bed when they should have stayed up and rehearsed, and sometimes they are fine. If you know your shit, what does it really matter?

superdeluxe
02-14-07, 12:27 AM
Asian dude made it :) as did the Indian guy from washington.

SexualPudding
02-14-07, 12:28 AM
was he pretty bad? i thought his audition was good. the fat guy "sundance head" wasnt so good tonight but he got through.

Actually, they showed very little, if any, of his performances. He did well enough in the opening part, where they all basically did a repeat of their original audition songs, to get through to the group round. He got cut there, but I don't think they even showed his group performing.

SexualPudding
02-14-07, 12:33 AM
Every season, the contestants are warned to learn their frikkin' words to their group songs, and those who don't learn them typically get the heave-ho. Bailey's young, and she got stuck with a pair of contestants who diminished her chances, then again, I thought her voice was okay, and was coasting on her looks up until the group song.

Sanjaya did look awfully sad for his sister, even though he made it through another round.

Sundance Head was overpowering his songs, and was lucky to make it through.

I hope the human beatbox doesn't make it the final 24, that schtick would get old quick.

Not quite sure there are many strong female contestants, but AI has been canny in who they've showed so far. Not too high on Gina, she's got more attitude than talent from what I've heard so far.

I actually liked Gina. I don't recall them even showing her original audition earlier, so it seems a bit hard to judge her based on the 3-5 seconds they showed of her performing tonight. I didn't really consider her "attitude" to be attitude, either. She was pissed that the Perla chick kept butchering the song and didn't want her dragging her down with her. Another girl in their group was exactly the same way, and her feelings obviously had merit since the only one out of the group who got booted was Perla. Bye bye now, Shakira wanna-be!

Brent_MN
02-14-07, 01:04 AM
okay, anyways how old is Antonella? the one staying between the BFF NJ girls?

cause >17 = :hump:

SexualPudding
02-14-07, 01:08 AM
You like girls under the age of 17?

Brent_MN
02-14-07, 01:22 AM
learn your inequalities!

SexualPudding
02-14-07, 01:43 AM
LOL, I know man-just messin with ya.

Brent_MN
02-14-07, 01:54 AM
:p

well, when I was 20 I was dating a 17 year old...sooo... :shrug:

LorenzoL
02-14-07, 04:26 AM
I'm sad to see Jory go but she wasn't very good in her Hollywood audition. I also don't think that Sundance deserved to be there based on his performances (individual and group) but hopefully he gets cut when the judges pick their final 24.

davidh777
02-14-07, 04:49 AM

He's a friend of a friend so I'm hoping he continues. Did he make it through tonight? Assuming so from your post, but my episode got cut off and I didn't see him in any of the rooms.

LorenzoL
02-14-07, 05:13 AM
He's a friend of a friend so I'm hoping he continues. Did he make it through tonight? Assuming so from your post, but my episode got cut off and I didn't see him in any of the rooms.
I believe that he made it to the final 40. On tonight's episode, the judges will select the final 24 from that group.

tommy28
02-14-07, 06:13 AM
the winner of season 6 will be-

Melinda doolittle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84Sd3Eb7Yo8

LorenzoL
02-14-07, 06:17 AM
the winner of season 6 will be-

Melinda doolittle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84Sd3Eb7Yo8
She's got a great voice but she will need to step up her stage persona. I'm wondering how she will be able to handle performing in front of an audience and TV when she was scared just to perform in front of the judges.

tommy28
02-14-07, 07:12 AM
She's got a great voice but she will need to step up her stage persona. I'm wondering how she will be able to handle performing in front of an audience and TV when she was scared just to perform in front of the judges.

I wish they would have showed her last night.i had to find her myspace page to find out she made it through.

superdeluxe
02-14-07, 07:48 AM
Robyn Troup is not doing too bad for herself. I wonder if AI decided to Show Robyn up there because they just found out she was in the grammies.

Charlie Goose
02-14-07, 08:54 AM
I couldn't believe they cut the 16 year old blond farm girl. She wasn't that great to begin with, but I thought her looks would sail her through. Even Simon said that she was commercial.

The beat box group was excellent. As long as he doesn't try to beatbox on every song.

The first group of girls was funny. I always think it's hilarious when someone starts mistakenly celebrating when they're cut.

Daytripper
02-14-07, 09:19 AM
It was smug, but it also came on the heels of little blondie farm girl acting like a spoiled brat and basically talking shit right to her face. It was probably a kneejerk reaction to that.

About the flirting instead of rehearsing thing-who really gives a fuck? The bottom line is that she had her part of the song more or less down, and Baylie (sp?) was the one really struggling. There have been several instances in past years where people spent more time socializing than rehearsing, or went to bed when they should have stayed up and rehearsed, and sometimes they are fine. If you know your shit, what does it really matter?

Who gives a fuck!? It shows that she's a self centered little princess and not committed to sticking around and rehearsing with her team. Whether SHE remembered her words or not.

....and I want to add. Clearly the producers felt the same or they wouldn't have included the clip of her ditching her team to socialize. None of this would even be an issue with me had she been a little more humble when she made it through the next round. And as far as Baylee's reaction. Nine out of ten people that are cut cry. And half those have mini-breakdowns. So her response was nothing new. I've also seen Simon, Paula and Randy give contestants another shot when they've messed up. When they know they're a good performer. I don't think Baylee was the next American Idol. But she's pretty good.

Deftones
02-14-07, 09:24 AM

Yep. That whole God comment was ridiculous.

Deftones
02-14-07, 09:25 AM
You got censored. The C word with a Y ?

Yes

Patman
02-14-07, 09:37 AM
Cuddy?

Daytripper
02-14-07, 09:40 AM
The beat box group was fantastic.

The two black women on VH1's "Best Week Ever" were on the Fox Morning Show today raving about this performance. One even saying that their version was better than the original and it needs to be put on iTunes so she can download it now. Who are these two women btw? They're funny as shit.

Daytripper
02-14-07, 09:42 AM
Cuddy?

No you simpleton. Coldplay ;)

Astro
02-14-07, 09:47 AM
Beat Box group - youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaNHhWZgouc)

davidh777
02-14-07, 10:05 AM
I agree that the beat box thing won't be what they're ultimately looking for as the ultimate Idol, but dang did it work for the group number.

Daytripper
02-14-07, 10:07 AM
I agree that the beat box thing won't be what they're ultimately looking for as the ultimate Idol, but dang did it work for the group number.

I think everyone would agree it was the best group performance ever on AI.

ytrez
02-14-07, 10:28 AM
I felt bad for Baylee (Bailey or whatever) for getting stuck with those two. Obviously, given their relationship, they were going to look out for each other and she was going to be the odd man (girl) out.

The worst part, besides the God comment, was when Baylee asked if they could practice her part and the biatch said something like "when we practice your part it F's me up". Baylee, being only 16 was completely overwhealmed trying to deal with those two. She should have left those two and memorized her part on her own. Screw the group, but make yourself look good.

Too bad for her.

LorenzoL
02-14-07, 10:32 AM
I felt bad for Baylee (Bailey or whatever) for getting stuck with those two. Obviously, given their relationship, they were going to look out for each other and she was going to be the odd man (girl) out.

The worst part, besides the God comment, was when Baylee asked if they could practice her part and the biatch said something like "when we practice your part it F's me up". Baylee, being only 16 was completely overwhealmed trying to deal with those two. She should have left those two and memorized her part on her own. Screw the group, but make yourself look good.

Too bad for her.
She's 16, I'm sure that she'll try it out for AI again.

Daytripper
02-14-07, 10:43 AM

The worst part, besides the God comment, was when Baylee asked if they could practice her part and the biatch said something like "when we practice your part it F's me up".

Oh, I missed that. Now I **really** hate that kunt.

Daytripper
02-14-07, 10:48 AM
She's 16, I'm sure that she'll try it out for AI again.

Well, I agree with the judges. This girl is the total package. Maybe some smart record producer out there will seize the opportunity to do something with her.

Iron_Giant
02-14-07, 10:58 AM
My wife and I thought the same thing. The Group Performance was well done, you could since their team work and talent working together.

Funny note, the woman seem to be 90% of the "Bickering" during group time over the years I have been watching AI. The last Male group to "Bicker" was the Twinn Black brothers that were knocked off the show after they were arested in Atlanta.

Brent_MN
02-14-07, 11:16 AM
I'm glad they cut Baylee/Bailey. They explicitly stated to not forget the words. She botched worst than almost everyone else we saw. Why should she get to stay? How hard is it to memorize a few lines? ESPECIALLY when it's set to a melody? I understand it's high pressure and stuff, but she KNEW she had to remember them. Stay up all night if you have to.

I'm glad Simon stuck to his guns on that one.

brainee
02-14-07, 11:44 AM
So tonight is no new performances ... just the judges calling people into a room one-at-a-time telling them if they made it or not? If so, that's really lame. Why even bother cutting the group down from 54 to 40 (instead of just going directly to 24)? They really needed more time for the Hollywood round. It just seems like bad tv storytelling to set up so many stories and characters in the audition shows, only to cut some featured singers without any more airtime. Maybe they'll squeeze in some more performances in between the elevator riding and judgements tonight.

LorenzoL
02-14-07, 11:53 AM
So tonight is no new performances ... just the judges calling people into a room one-at-a-time telling them if they made it or not? If so, that's really lame. Why even bother cutting the group down from 54 to 40 (instead of just going directly to 24)? They really needed more time for the Hollywood round. It just seems like bad tv storytelling to set up so many stories and characters in the audition shows, only to cut some featured singers without any more airtime. Maybe they'll squeeze in some more performances in between the elevator riding and judgements tonight.
You have to remember that we haven't even seen at least half of the 40 that made the cut. I'm guessing/hoping that they'll highlight some of the people with clips of their performances while they walk to their interview with the judges.

The criticism always seems to be that some people from the final 24 were not on TV long enough for people to become familiar with them. I'm hoping that this is the year that the AI producers have finally listened to the criticism and done something about it.

TimeandTide
02-14-07, 12:02 PM
The criticism always seems to be that some people from the final 24 were not on TV long enough for people to become familiar with them. I'm hoping that this is the year that the AI producers have finally listened to the criticism and done something about it.

I doubt it. There's quite a bit of talk on other boards about the show's "chosen ones"--one or two handpicked contestants that will get the bulk of early airtime to generate a fanbase prior to viewer voting. Of coure, it's all conjecture, and Elliot's strong run last season after appearing seemingly from nowhere sort of disproves this theory. But, it's pretty obvious that some contestants are being pimped early with backstories and extra camera time.

Patman
02-14-07, 12:28 PM
I wonder if Baylee and Perla swapped groups, if Baylee would have made it through to the next round (even though I still think her voice was average, and lacking power).

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr.
02-14-07, 12:32 PM
http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=800008874

Paula Abdul Drunk? Never! Casual Drugs? Nope!

See, you were wrong, you were all wrong. Every one of you. For shame. American Idol's most, um, "unpredictable" judge, Paula Abdul, insists, "I've never been drunk" and "I have never done recreational drugs" in an interview with Us. Waving her 20-year career around as People's Exhibit A, she says, "Tell me [how] someone who is into partying or doing drugs could have done that." But... but... MC Skat Kat was so psychedelic!

"There have been 100 million lies about me," she adds. "[But] I'm squeaky clean." Or at the very least, squeaky.

Heat
02-14-07, 01:04 PM
… About the flirting instead of rehearsing thing -who really [cares]? The bottom line is that she had her part of the song more or less down, and Baylie (sp?) was the one really struggling. There have been several instances in past years where people spent more time socializing than rehearsing, or went to bed when they should have stayed up and rehearsed, and sometimes they are fine. If you know your shit, what does it really matter?...

Though I missed last night’s show, sounds like she didn’t want to practice with Baylee. One of my favorite memories from last year’s Hollywood shows was when one of the Brittnum twins tried to take control of his group, telling the other two that they had to practice all night. One of them smiled and shook his head “no”, saying that he was going to bed. The next morning the Brittnum twin was again practicing early while the guy who went to bed was now flirting with girls during breakfast, declining to practice with the group. That was our introduction to Elliot Yamin. Of course Brittnum and the third guy were cut and Elliot made it to the final 3 overall – and I still think he should have won it.

davidh777
02-14-07, 02:02 PM

Cool. I'm an AI newbie so I wouldn't know. Thanks for the link, Astro.

aktick
02-14-07, 08:59 PM
Is there a single girl that can win this? None of them were too impressive. And those that were good singers weren't very entertaining. IMO.

Lots of the guys are pretty entertaining.

The one flirty bitch who's name I'm not going to try to spell fucks up her song and gets through. I hope she's one of the first ousted. Spoiled bitch - hopefully viewers remember the type of people her and her friend are.

Tommy and Sundance were both better than a lot of the guys that got through.

Brent_MN
02-14-07, 09:04 PM
everybody can stop hatin' on Antonella :hump: now. and we'll figure out how to spell her name later. for the girls tho, really, the only one I remember is the Doolittle gal, the BGV chick.

the guys have a great field again this season. who knows what'll happen.

when Simon said this to Sundance: "you look like you've been boiled!" :lol:

Dragon Fly
02-14-07, 09:06 PM
Yeah.... after seeing the performances I think it's safe to say that Antonella got through on looks more than talent. That other girl blew her away plus she forgot the words (an AI no no!)

bwvanh114
02-14-07, 09:11 PM
Is there a single girl that can win this?How about Lakeesha (sp?), the single mom with a 3-year old daughter who works in a bank.

Charlie Goose
02-14-07, 09:13 PM
Slightly surprised that the Blue Meanie made it.

Did the girl who last night was looking for her BFF make it? I forgot her name and I must be at the advanced age where all the teenage girls look the same to me.

Brent_MN
02-14-07, 09:38 PM
Slightly surprised that the Blue Meanie made it.

Did the girl who last night was looking for her BFF make it? I forgot her name and I must be at the advanced age where all the teenage girls look the same to me.

Antonella :hump:

and if you are using the term 'BFF' you're advanced age cannot be all that advanced... lol

Heat
02-14-07, 11:16 PM
Antonella :hump:

and if you are using the term 'BFF' you're advanced age cannot be all that advanced... lol
That or he watches South Park (where I learned what what BFF means).

It's a decent group, it'll be interesting to see how they do next week.

Patman
02-14-07, 11:22 PM
I think it's going to be a guy who wins it all this season after seeing the final 24.

I still can't believe they kept Alaina Alexander over Marisa (the last girl cut, sat with Antonella, BFF 1/2). Melana made my ears hurt when they showed her singing.

(Corrected first name for "Alaina", thought it was sounded like "Melana")

DieselsDen
02-15-07, 12:24 AM
I'm glad they cut Baylee/Bailey. They explicitly stated to not forget the words. She botched worst than almost everyone else we saw. Why should she get to stay? How hard is it to memorize a few lines? ESPECIALLY when it's set to a melody? I understand it's high pressure and stuff, but she KNEW she had to remember them. Stay up all night if you have to.

I'm glad Simon stuck to his guns on that one.

I agree. You screw up, you're screwed. I don't care about that other chicks attitude either, but the blonde only has herself to blame for messing up big time.

DieselsDen
02-15-07, 12:44 AM
Incidentally, it was really classy of Tommy to flip off the elevator cameras after he was cut. Whatta idiot. I also thought it was funny that Sundance meekly offered Tommy a job as a bodyguard if he hit it big.

Gone are the days of graceful winners and good sport losers.

magiccmom
02-15-07, 01:18 AM
Incidentally, it was really classy of Tommy to flip off the elevator cameras after he was cut. Whatta idiot. I also thought it was funny that Sundance meekly offered Tommy a job as a bodyguard if he hit it big.

Gone are the days of graceful winners and good sport losers.
Yeah, I heard from an interview with Simon that no one is looking to be friends this year and the competition is really amped up. Everyone knows whats at stake, there will be no love lost when someone leaves.

I'm really liking the Jack Osbourne look alike, both in voice and in personality. Only wish I could remember his real name.

Xbox69
02-15-07, 03:43 AM
I'm really liking the Jack Osbourne look alike, both in voice and in personality. Only wish I could remember his real name.

I believe that's Chris Sprigh. He's the one that said during his first audition that he wanted to make David Hasselhoff cry. :lol:

collven
02-15-07, 04:20 AM
I was really hoping Sundance wouldn't go through. Every one of his Hollywood week auditions looked horrible. I don't see what the producers see in him. He doesn't seem to have looks, personality, or talent.

What happened to the guy who was on before that Simon said he didn't remember? Did he even make it to tonight's show?

So far, none of these people are really standing out to me, and I swear if they make Lakeesha into another Fantasia and bring up her single parenthood every week, I'll go postal on someone at American Idol, heh.

Mavis
02-15-07, 08:02 AM
I believe that's Chris Sprigh. He's the one that said during his first audition that he wanted to make David Hasselhoff cry. :lol:

Close...it's Chris Sligh. I live in his hometown and cannot turn on a news broadcast without them mentioning him at least once.

That Hasselhoff line was great, along with the "I know you all are wondering why I called this meeting" line as he approached the chair last night. :lol:

Patman
02-15-07, 08:06 AM
I am wondering if Leslie Hunt's big tongue is going to get in the way of her singing, she looked really weird while singing, she's got a big bottom jaw thing going on as well.

Iron_Giant
02-15-07, 09:02 AM
Yeah.... after seeing the performances I think it's safe to say that Antonella got through on looks more than talent. That other girl blew her away plus she forgot the words (an AI no no!)
I agree, if the Judges say that you have to remember your words, then they have to hold the standard to everyone. But, it looks like they only apply it to those the producers want off the show.

Patman
02-15-07, 09:29 AM
For the lazy, here's the link to the final 24 contestants (http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season6/).

Not much eye candy amongst the gals, though Nicole reminds me of Kristin Wiig (SNL). Gina annoys me, and I don't think she sound all that good. Jordin might be the favorite on the gals' side, but there are 4 gals that I don't have any opinion on (can't remember if I saw any singing footage of them yet. There's not one "blonde-blonde" in the gals group (a couple of brown/dirty blonde gals in the mix).

Chris is probably the odds-on favorite at this point, combo of funny and cuddlely sheepdog looks.

Nicholas has a decent voice, and Rudy has a lot of range. Sanjaya has more of the mid-range, smooth voice. Phil (the guy who skipped on his child's birth) actually made it to this point. Jared could surprise, though not sure about his personality.

Joeboo835
02-15-07, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I heard from an interview with Simon that no one is looking to be friends this year and the competition is really amped up. Everyone knows whats at stake

what? the chance of winning and never being heard from again?

:)

fernsita
02-15-07, 10:01 AM
i feel like chris is such a carefully crafted act that at some point it might not work and that maybe...because he is such a favorite people will start voting for underdogs...

Goldberg74
02-15-07, 10:10 AM
I love Chris Sligh, but he looks like Justin Guarrini ates Rueben Studdard.

Patman
02-15-07, 10:28 AM
I love Chris Sligh, but he looks like Justin Guarrini ates Rueben Studdard.

Chris: the new Velveeta Teddybear!

onebyone
02-15-07, 10:38 AM
I usually have favorites by this time, but this year, not so much. Almost everyone good they showed us got cut, so we are stuck with... these folks. I am not feeling the love yet, but alas, maybe they will grow on me.

superdeluxe
02-15-07, 10:51 AM
i feel like chris is such a carefully crafted act that at some point it might not work and that maybe...because he is such a favorite people will start voting for underdogs...

That didnt hurt taylor hicks.

Patman
02-15-07, 11:39 AM
Read Chris's Q&A/Info sheet (it's pretty funny):

http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season6/chris_sligh/

Deftones
02-15-07, 11:44 AM
Eh, nothing terribly funny there. He's good when he has funny one liners. I forsee him going far just based on his personality alone.

SoSpacey
02-15-07, 11:45 AM
Marisa getting cut was disappointing. I thought she was GREAT.

Patman
02-15-07, 11:55 AM
Eh, nothing terribly funny there. He's good when he has funny one liners. I forsee him going far just based on his personality alone.

Did you notice the pop artists he listed? He loves his AI beatbox boy bandmates.

Patman
02-15-07, 11:57 AM
Marisa getting cut was disappointing. I thought she was GREAT.

Marissa got robbed by Alaina Alexander taking her spot. Alaina was simply painful to listen to as a singer.

magiccmom
02-15-07, 12:27 PM
I thought the redhead was HORRIBLE~ The girl cut along side of the New Jersey girl should have made it through instead. You gotta wonder how many talented people get sent home only to have us listen to the nerdy lispers and red headed 16 year old crooners from past seasons.

TimeandTide
02-15-07, 12:32 PM
Any idea what happened to the colorfully outfitted New York opera singer (think thick NY accent and tough-as-nails attitide) and the really handsome black guy from NY who is the adopted son of a South American couple?

They were two of my faves from NY who made it to Hollywood but neither appeared during auditions.

Also, my gf and I must have turned to each other a dozen times last night asking "Who WAS that?" Wish we could have seen more of the 24 in the audition rounds. few of these unknowns have NO shot against the oft-mentioned likes of Sligh, Gina, etc.

DieselsDen
02-15-07, 01:21 PM
When did the hottie on roller skates (the African-American) get cut? Simon seemed to like her a lot.

brainee
02-15-07, 01:52 PM
Did you notice the pop artists he listed? He loves his AI beatbox boy bandmates.

And Gina Glocksen. His wife better watch out!

superdeluxe
02-15-07, 02:17 PM

The bandmates got 3 out of the 5 into the top 24. and I can see at least 2 of them in the top 12.

superdeluxe
02-15-07, 02:18 PM
When did the hottie on roller skates (the African-American) get cut? Simon seemed to like her a lot.

She got cut early on (I think 2nd day)

superdeluxe
02-15-07, 02:18 PM
Any idea what happened to the colorfully outfitted New York opera singer (think thick NY accent and tough-as-nails attitide) and the really handsome black guy from NY who is the adopted son of a South American couple?

Yeah the black kid, that looked like he was 25. Paula really liked him.

They never showed him getting cut or anything.

Iron_Giant
02-15-07, 04:19 PM
Yeah the black kid, that looked like he was 25. Paula really liked him.

They never showed him getting cut or anything.
For many different reasons, some people never even show up in Hollywood.

TimeandTide
02-15-07, 04:22 PM

She got bounced in the first round of the Hollywood auditions.

Some speculation on other boards that her past lingerie modeling might have had something to do with her ouster.

Tommy Ceez
02-15-07, 09:14 PM
How about Lakeesha (sp?), the single mom with a 3-year old daughter who works in a bank.
What fucking dimension are you in? Fat ugly dime-a-dozen 'soul' warbelers never get past top 6

BTW, the selection of the top 24 kind of blows that retarded conspiracy theory from the last thread away, doesnt it?

Patman
02-15-07, 09:19 PM
They didn't show that girl who was the triple-threat, did they? The one who could do grunge, pop, and opera?

Brent_MN
02-17-07, 11:19 AM
Well for all you Antonella Barba haters, this might make it worse, or better...you decide. Here are some semi-NSFW (http://www.bastardly.com/archives/2007/02/15/that-hot-jersey-girl-from-american-idol-going-pee-pee-owww/) (just to be safe).

:shrug:

hahn
02-18-07, 04:36 AM
I can't believe Marisa Rhodes didn't make it through. Beautiful girl, and a simply astounding voice. Has that powerhouse gravelly tone that I LOVE in a woman's voice. She was right to be bewildered. Even if Antonella wasn't cut, Alaina should have before Marisa.

Gunde
02-18-07, 03:00 PM
I can't believe Marisa Rhodes didn't make it through. Beautiful girl, and a simply astounding voice. Has that powerhouse gravelly tone that I LOVE in a woman's voice. She was right to be bewildered. Even if Antonella wasn't cut, Alaina should have before Marisa.
Yeah I was really surprised. Big mistake IMO. Marisa was awesome

Quake1028
02-19-07, 02:07 PM
Sundance was really horrible, and I have no clue why he made it through. Chris Sligh is the clear favorite at this point by a mile.

DVD Josh
02-19-07, 02:42 PM

I too loved her voice. Same reason I liked Nikki in S1. I'm not just surprised that she didn't make it, but that Antonella made it instead of her.

This season is shaping up to be pretty shitty. Honestly, I don't know if the judges can be trusted to send the best ones through anymore. We should go back to the S1 voting where America votes three out of groups of 10 in. They tended to get it pretty right.

Brent_MN
02-19-07, 11:29 PM
Randy, Simon and Ryan were just on Leno, and Paula showed up as a surprise...man Paula looked probably the best she ever has. Dare I... :hump: ?

:lol:

superdeluxe
02-20-07, 12:19 AM
Sarijanha's (sp), sister works at hooters.

Woot.

:)

Brent_MN
02-20-07, 12:23 AM
how do we know this? and pictures?

superdeluxe
02-20-07, 01:01 AM
how do we know this? and pictures?

Didnt have my digital camera with me. I'll go back and get pictures.

But if you want, you could call the Tacoma Hooters, and ask if such and such work there.

Brent_MN
02-20-07, 09:05 AM
I'd prefer if you went back and got pictures. :p

Patman
02-20-07, 09:57 AM
Don't forget the hotwings!