Search this Thread

Old 02-11-07, 06:01 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Desperate Housewives - "I Remember That" - 2/11/07

"I Remember That"
Spoiler:
Mike Delfino remembers scenes from his past; problems at Scavo's Pizzeria cause conflict in Lynette and Tom's relationship; Orson reveals his hidden past to Bree.
Old 02-11-07, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
A so-so episode with some advancement in ongoing arcs (Delfino's memory loss bringing about a confrontation with Orson, Orson's mom embracing Flowers in the Attic). Zach is really hooked on Gabby, eh? Nice for Tom to get his balls back at the pizza parlor. Didn't care much about Susan and Ian's subplot resulting in a declarative question. Looks like Bree is close to be put on the shelf during the home stretch for Marcia Cross's pregnancy.
Old 02-11-07, 10:40 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I laughed at the the shots from a distance and in the dark of a skinny Bree

It was good to see Andrew stick up for her after all they've ben through, doesn't look like he will get a chance to carry through with the threat.
Old 02-11-07, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Zach is starting to really annoy me.
Old 02-12-07, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
What happened right at the end? I think this show ran slightly long and my DVR failed to record it. I had Mike at the hospital confronting Orson. He said he was going to a hypnotherapist and it was working. Then it ended.

Anything important after the point? More from Mike? Response from Orson? One of them killed the other? They left it hanging for next week?
Old 02-12-07, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
They had a fight and Orson fell off the deck of the parking garage multiple floors off the ground - he looked quite dead, but it's a soap so you never know.

I guess that's kind of important.
Old 02-12-07, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
^^^ Yes, it did run long, and yes, you did miss something very important. After Mike said that, Orson looked at him normally for a second and then you could you the realization that Mike knew Orson was the killer or at least there cleaning up. The two start to get into a physical confrontation. Eventually, Orson gets hit and falls over the edge of the hospital. The last thing we see is Orson falling from the building followed by a "To be continued ..." message.

Pretty good ep. Can't believe Lynette just sat there and took that from Tom. You know it must have been killing her. I have really learned to love Andrew's character. When he was evil I-hate-my-mama boy, he just seemed too one-note. But now that he's just-slightly-evil-but-love-to-manipulate boy, he's much more interesting to watch. And you can actually root for him. It's really nice to see him coming to his mom's aid.

Was this the ep that was shot at Marcia Cross' house? It seems like they were doing everything in their power not to show a shot where we could see very much of the house's interior.
Old 02-12-07, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
They had a fight and Orson fell off the deck of the parking garage multiple floors off the ground - he looked quite dead, but it's a soap so you never know.

Too quick. Beat me to it.
Old 02-12-07, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by clckworang
I have really learned to love Andrew's character. When he was evil I-hate-my-mama boy, he just seemed too one-note. But now that he's just-slightly-evil-but-love-to-manipulate boy, he's much more interesting to watch. And you can actually root for him. It's really nice to see him coming to his mom's aid.
I came to that same realization this episode. I used to hate him, but now I'm rooting for him.
Old 02-12-07, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog

Thanks. My DVR gets guide info called TVGUideOnScreen, TVGOS, (which sucks). Sometimes it gets the word on programs running long, sometimes it doesn't.
Old 02-12-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i thought the episode was pretty good. i saw the ending coming, but it was still pretty wild. should be interesting to seem what happens next.

zach's haircut really bothers me and he is pretty annoying with trying to control gabby.

Spoiler:
apparently someone dies next week, is that just a prelude to orson failing over the balcony? it would be an easy way to hype the next episode and not really kill anyone with having another big oh my god scene.
Old 02-13-07, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Yeah, I missed it too so thanks to the folks who recapped. Pretty unusual for this show to run over, I think. Not like Lost...
Old 02-16-07, 04:05 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
no love for this show ?
Old 02-16-07, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It certainly doesn't have the "heat" around here it used to, but I'm still watching.
Old 02-16-07, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I watch, but usually a couple of days after. The only housewife I consistently like is Lynette. Gabrielle is usually pretty good as well. A bit of a spoiler involving her:

Spoiler:
They just cast John Slattery (Dennis from "Ed") as a new love interest
Old 02-16-07, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Zach is starting to really annoy me.
Starting?!?! He's always been a ridiculous nut job. The hair is just stupid. Ugh! A mess.

As for the ending... I kinda thought that Orson was trying to jump. It looked to me that Mike kept pulling him back from jumping to sock him some more until Orson just flips over the wall.
Old 02-16-07, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the next episode needs to open with Orson drifting in and out of consciousness. While he's being putting into the ambulance, he keeps muttering to himself something about a red draped room with a midget speaking backwards.
Old 02-16-07, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
I think the next episode needs to open with Orson drifting in and out of consciousness. While he's being putting into the ambulance, he keeps muttering to himself something about a red draped room with a midget speaking backwards.
And don't forget the donuts, cherry pie and "damn fine coffee".

Oh yeah and David Duchovny in a dress.

Last edited by rfduncan; 02-16-07 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-16-07, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by boogieman03
I came to that same realization this episode. I used to hate him, but now I'm rooting for him.
Funny how he is A-sexual now too.

Good episode. I hope the whole Orson story is over and I hope they get rid of Zach too. He IS annoying.

Previews look good.