Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Problems with Firefox and DVDtalk?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-07, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

This morning I was surfing the site fine on Firefox, but over lunch when I would open a thread the browser would freeze up. I tried force quiting and relaunching several times, always with the same results.

It's working fine with Safari.
Old 02-09-07, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could be a server issue. I surf the site with firefox and it's working dandy.
Old 02-11-07, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Check your plug-ins. I was doing fine for a few days, then suddenly one of the plug-ins I was using decided that it didn't like the buttons to post a reply or start a new thread and wouldn't display them or even allow me to click on the area where they were supposed to be.
Old 02-13-07, 09:15 PM

Can you be more specific about what plug-in would cause this? I don't see buttons for quoting, editing, new threads, etc. and I don't see what add-on I'm using that it could be coming from. Thanks.
Old 02-14-07, 01:23 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Terps54423
Can you be more specific about what plug-in would cause this?
Disabling Adblock Plus worked for me. Buttons (quoting, editing, new threads) reappeared after I disabled Adblock Plus. I enable the add-on when I'm finished with DVDTALK. Hope this helps.
Old 02-15-07, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by metoo
Disabling Adblock Plus worked for me. Buttons (quoting, editing, new threads) reappeared after I disabled Adblock Plus. I enable the add-on when I'm finished with DVDTALK. Hope this helps.
Thanks, that did the trick. I noticed that the following is possible though: assuming you have the version where Adblock Plus is a circular icon to the left of the address bar, you can click on the arrow, right of the icon, to pull up a menu. Then you can check off "disable on forum.dvdtalk.com." It will then disable it for all forums on DVDTalk (you'll see the icon turn green), but it will remain enabled for all of your other sites. This way you don't have to go through the annoyance of enabling/disabling every time you come on here. Hope that's useful, and thanks for the original help.
Old 02-15-07, 07:45 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Terps54423
Thanks, that did the trick. I noticed that the following is possible though: assuming you have the version where Adblock Plus is a circular icon to the left of the address bar, you can click on the arrow, right of the icon, to pull up a menu. Then you can check off "disable on forum.dvdtalk.com." It will then disable it for all forums on DVDTalk (you'll see the icon turn green), but it will remain enabled for all of your other sites.
Thank you
Your fix works for me.