Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Best carrying case for DS and PSP?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-07, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best carrying case for DS and PSP?

I need a carrying case for both DS and PSP... I found a number of cases for PSP (there aren't many for the DS), but either they are a little too heavy or they cover up the power buttons etc...

I'm looking for something light and perferably can just leave the PSP or DS in the case when charging and playing. Any suggestions?
Old 02-09-07, 02:25 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$10 at Target, can play with it in the case (though it's a bit awkward) as the clear rubber liner that holds the DS inside has cutouts for all the buttons etc.

It's a nice small case for travel though, as you can just stick a few DS game cards in the zippered pouch on the front and it's pretty padded.

Not really room for GBA games though.
Old 02-09-07, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've got (a version of) the one Josh linked to. I actually cut out the plastic crap that's supposed to hold the DS in place. Mine fits GBA games just fine in the pouch.. but I'm sure any more than two would start to make things a bit stuffy.

Oh, just a note about carrying cases.. if you're going to carry five games with you (two of which are imports and another one of them being rare as fuck) DON'T LOSE IT. It sucks.
Old 02-09-07, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You lose all five games? man, that really sucks...

Actually, i don't mind whether the case can carry games or not, just good enough to carry the DS or PSP around (normally, i work on one game at a time).
Old 02-09-07, 02:50 PM

I don't use a case for my DS Lite, but my gf needed one for her's since it's in her bag when she's not using it. Got her the case Josh posted and it works fine. Not too bulky and it provides decent protection from scratches and bumps, plus pockets to hold a few DS games.

As for the PSP, when I had one I used the case by Black. I think it was only sold in Best Buy for about $10, it provided screen protection, extendable grips, and could be set up for viewing movies. Didn't provide much proctection against bumps or drops, but I'm very careful with my gear anyway.
Old 02-09-07, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ocelot
You lose all five games? man, that really sucks...

Actually, i don't mind whether the case can carry games or not, just good enough to carry the DS or PSP around (normally, i work on one game at a time).
Yup, monetarily, losing a DS is not a big deal to me.. but the time I put into some of those games was the real punch to the nuts. The funny thing is that I usually focus on one game at a time as well.. but I think I had a few on hand for multi-player battles that would randomly sprout up with our group.
Old 02-09-07, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Yup, monetarily, losing a DS is not a big deal to me.. but the time I put into some of those games was the real punch to the nuts. The funny thing is that I usually focus on one game at a time as well.. but I think I had a few on hand for multi-player battles that would randomly sprout up with our group.

Ah, i see... yes, many times i carried few games with me b/c i know there gonna be a crowd, but since i don't have a carry case, i put the games in my backpack. Thank goodness i didn't lose any.
Old 02-09-07, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The only PSP case you'll ever need.

Old 02-09-07, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
I use the playgear pocket for the PSP as well, and it provides excellent protection, though it pretty significantly bulks the PSP up and doesn't store any games. If you like that case, there's a similar plastic covering for the DS that snaps on snugly... it's sold in two packages, one with inserts for NFL teams and the other with random picture inserts... I like the clear case, so I don't use the inserts at all. Like the playgear pocket, it doesn't hold any games but is very sleek.
Old 02-09-07, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My PSP sits on a shelf protected by the Logitech case previously mentioned.