Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

$15 off your paypal purchase of $30 or more.

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 02-08-07, 03:01 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 104 Likes on 93 Posts

Earn a $15 cash rebate when you make a PayPal purchase of $30 or more between February 8 and March 31. Shop online anywhere PayPal is accepted in the U.S. and Canada, including eBay.

$15 off $30
Old 02-08-07, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, but if I'm reading it correctly, I think it says you're getting the rebate in your Paypal account, not as a direct cash rebate. I've never tried removing money from a Paypal account, so I don't know if there will be other fees to have the money removed or not. I'm just going to use it for my frequent eBay purchases.
Old 02-08-07, 06:17 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Be sure to read the terms and conditions. On Ebay purchases, you have to go through Ebay Checkout to pay via Paypal.

You're not qualified for the rebate if you simply go directly to Paypal and use their Send Money option to pay for the Ebay purchase.
Old 02-09-07, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 378 Likes on 242 Posts
Bah! Of course this hits DVDTalk the day AFTER I purchase a $200+ GPS unit for my wife and use PayPal.

Wait, doesn't this ALWAYS happen to someone here whenever a deal like this is announced? Guess it was just my turn this time.

PS - Thanks OP.

Last edited by kenbuzz; 02-09-07 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-09-07, 10:48 AM

Here's something a little confusing about the terms and conditions:

Excluded Transactions. The following transactions are excluded from this offer: Send Money transactions, payments to Personal Accounts, eBay payments made to Personal Accounts, donations, PayPal Mobile transactions, payments for services, Virtual Debit Card payments, PayPal ATM/ Debit Card payments, payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account, and PayPal Plus Credit Card payments not made through your PayPal account.
What does "eBay payments made to Personal Accounts" mean? Does this mean that you can only shop on eBay on designated eBay "stores" -- because wouldn't a "regular joe" seller have a personal account?

Is there any way to know in advance if the seller has a personal account versus a business account?

Also, does the $30 purchase include shipping? The terms and conditions make no mention of this. So, if I spend $28 on product and shipping is $6, I'd be making a PayPal payment of $34 -- does that qualify?

Last edited by Double Down; 02-09-07 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-09-07, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 378 Likes on 242 Posts
BTW, this thread is a duplicate of http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=491925 (in the DVD Bargains forum)

Maybe the mods should merge them, although I think Hot Deals is the correct forum for this topic, since the 15/30 can be applied to things OTHER than just DVDs.
Old 02-10-07, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Double Down
Here's something a little confusing about the terms and conditions:

What does "eBay payments made to Personal Accounts" mean? Does this mean that you can only shop on eBay on designated eBay "stores" -- because wouldn't a "regular joe" seller have a personal account?

Is there any way to know in advance if the seller has a personal account versus a business account?

Also, does the $30 purchase include shipping? The terms and conditions make no mention of this. So, if I spend $28 on product and shipping is $6, I'd be making a PayPal payment of $34 -- does that qualify?
I believe that when you input the email address for payment/get directed to sign in to paypal to make payment... it shows the type of account that you're sending too under the Account Status heading... for example, it might say 'Verified Business Member' or something along those lines.

As for including shipping, I'm not sure, but as they do not regard shipping as separate when they calculate their fees, I would assume that a $30+ order would include shipping.
Old 02-11-07, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Double Down

Per EBay rules, every seller who lists a sale as accepting PayPal MUST accept credit card payments via PayPal. Personal accounts CANNOT accept credit cards. So anyone stating they accept PayPal should have a NON-personal account. (This did not used to be the case and sellers were able to specify non-credit card PayPal payments if they had a Personal Account, but EBay did away with allowing that quite a while back.)
Old 02-11-07, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So can I use this on renewing a domain on godaddy.com?
Old 02-15-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

this thread should be combined with this one...

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....5&page=1&pp=20

it has ALL the info you need, including a customer service email from paypal with more details about the rules...

j
Old 02-16-07, 06:38 AM

Wow was I the only person not allowed in the country club? I got this:

If you did not receive an email invitation for this offer directly from PayPal, you are not eligible to participate.

Ouch.
Old 02-16-07, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by whoelse
If you did not receive an email invitation for this offer directly from PayPal, you are not eligible to participate.
That's pretty strange, since I signed up directly from an ad on Paypal's front page...
Old 02-21-07, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

We shall see, had to buy something anyways, so if I get 15 back on it score. Otherwise the Mach 3 razors were still a great deal thanks to ebay.
Old 03-27-07, 08:53 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Has anyone received their $15 rebate yet? The website says we should get them by May 28, but I made my purchase about 6 weeks ago and I'm just curious if anyone else has had the funds credited to their account.
Old 03-28-07, 07:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I was just thinking about this last night. And no, I have not received mine yet either.
Old 03-29-07, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have not received anything, I forgot about this.
Old 03-30-07, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why is the url paypal.promotionexpert.com? Why isn't it on paypal.com? Seems fishy to me, I'll pass.
Old 03-30-07, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

it was on paypal.com, if you went to the home site the promotion was there.