Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

MVP 2007 (NCAA Baseball)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-07, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MVP 2007 (NCAA Baseball)

Is anyone picking this up? I haven't bought a baseball game in a couple of years since the 2K series seems to continually disappoint. I know a lot of people avoid MVP since it's not MLB, but after reading a strong review I decided to order it. I think it's only being released on PS2. Anyone have it yet? I doubt if mine will arrive until after the weekend.
Old 02-06-07, 08:54 AM
Banned

Nope, no interest in a baseball title without the MLB license...
Old 02-06-07, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I may rent it.....I alway loved the MVP series (best baseball games to date). I never played NCAA 06 though, so I'm wondering if this new version is better than 06. I can get 06 for around $10 while 07 is $30.

I'll be playing on a PS3, since I haven't owned a PS2 since FFX was released.
Old 02-07-07, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Wildo1966
Nope, no interest in a baseball title without the MLB license...
Agreed. I wish I could just update my MLB 2005 with current rosters. Best MLB game ever!
Old 02-08-07, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, some reviews are saying this game is almost exactly like the 06 version, and the new pitching thing is not that special.
Old 02-11-07, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Did they add more schools this time out? The only reason that I never picked up 06 is because my beloved Richmond Spiders weren't included. If they are on it, I'm there.
Old 02-11-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really enjoyed 2006. The MLB players weren't missed. Because of the differences in game play and recruiting angle, NCAA was the first baseball game since, I dunno, maybe Baseball Stars, that lasted longer than a month in my play rotation.
Old 02-11-07, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJLinus
Did they add more schools this time out? The only reason that I never picked up 06 is because my beloved Richmond Spiders weren't included. If they are on it, I'm there.
I just checked, and the Richmond Spiders are on there (although they're ranked #122 - ouch.) I've only had a chance to play a little, but I'm liking it so far. I'm still praying that this year's incarnation of MLB 2K7 is actually decent enough to pick up, but if it isn't, then I think MVP 2007 will take care of my baseball fix.
Old 02-12-07, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I rented this as I had free rentals to use. I NEVER play MVP 06, but I thought this was ok. I played it on my PS3 and graphically it seemed decent, although there was slowdown on many instances...which was rather annoying.

Still a fun game, but not sure if I'll actually buy it. Many say it's basically the same game and the new pitching thing is kinda lame.
Old 02-12-07, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
I rented this as I had free rentals to use. I NEVER play MVP 06, but I thought this was ok. I played it on my PS3 and graphically it seemed decent, although there was slowdown on many instances...which was rather annoying.

Still a fun game, but not sure if I'll actually buy it. Many say it's basically the same game and the new pitching thing is kinda lame.

You're probably right about it being essentially the same as last year's version. EA isn't exactly known for changing their sports franchises much from year to year, and that's probably even more true for a title like this with limited appeal.
Old 02-12-07, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by redcat
I just checked, and the Richmond Spiders are on there (although they're ranked #122 - ouch.) I've only had a chance to play a little, but I'm liking it so far. I'm still praying that this year's incarnation of MLB 2K7 is actually decent enough to pick up, but if it isn't, then I think MVP 2007 will take care of my baseball fix.
Thanks for checking that. It kind of surprised me that Richmond wasn't included on the initial game, as we're pretty good every few seasons. But then again, we're not really a big sports school.

This is a definite buy for me now. Hopefully, it'll go on sale sometime, as my usual ceiling on game purchases is $20. I guess it could be worse than costing $30, though.