TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Veronica Mars -- "There's Got To Be A Morning After Pill" -- 02/06/07

Old 02-06-07, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Veronica Mars -- "There's Got To Be A Morning After Pill" -- 02/06/07

"There's Got to Be a Morning After Pill"
Spoiler:
A promiscuous classmate hires Veronica to find out who slipped her a morning-after pill, causing her to have a miscarriage; Veronica confronts Logan about sleeping with Madison Sinclair while they were apart.

Originally Aired: February 06, 2007
Old 02-06-07, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
From TVGuide.com:

Rob Thomas answers Veronica Mars Questions.

Veronica Mars Q & A
Old 02-06-07, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Didn't much like the vengeful-emo VM in the first 3/4 of the episode, and the resolution to her case teaching her a case of anger management was so-so. Now we have emo-Logan, and that's just sad to watch at times. The slow-boil on the O'Dell murder is really losing steam.
Old 02-06-07, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't have a problem with vengeful-emo Veronica since she was trying to deal with Logan sleeping with Madison. I'm sure if it was someone else, it wouldn't be as bad.

The O'Dell murder mystery is getting interesting for me since I forgot about the ex-husband and the fact that Keith found what appeared to be a piece of egg or eggshell under the wiper of the sports car in the O'Dell garage.

I can't imagine being a "friend" like Phyllis was to Bonnie. The things people do to each other in the name of religion, I wonder if it's worth it.

Dick was funny as usual. Does he go to class or what?
Old 02-06-07, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Lame episode.
Old 02-06-07, 11:33 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
The slow-boil on the O'Dell murder is really losing steam.
It had steam?

Seeing a differnt side of Dick with him being upset about Logan and Madison was good to see.

This show needs more Weevil.
Old 02-06-07, 11:59 PM

Disappointing episode. You could pretty much pin down the culprit and their motive within 30 seconds of when they showed up on the episode. What was the significance of Keith in O'Dell's garage?
Old 02-07-07, 12:24 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by vinhj
What was the significance of Keith in O'Dell's garage?
It blows the wife's alibi. If she was at the hotel the car wouldn't have been egged.
Old 02-07-07, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First of all, it's pretty disappointing for the show to be equating the abortion pill and the morning after pill. They are 2 entirely different drugs. The morning after pill does not cause miscarriages.

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
I can't imagine being a "friend" like Phyllis was to Bonnie. The things people do to each other in the name of religion, I wonder if it's worth it.
Please explain how the roommate's actions were motivated by religion. Her litany of reasons were entirely pragmatic. You have a future, Tim isn't good enough,You have dreams and a career, you don't need a kid and a divorce, yadda yadda...

Also, the ending was weak. It was a major stretch to think Tim did it based on the bookmark and especially weak evidence to just blurt it out in front of the girl's father like that.

EDIT: On the positive side: Veronica's "I'm adopted" hissy fit was funny, Yea LoVe breakup! hopefully it will stick this time, but I doubt it, How many times can they make Logan act like an ass and then give some crying puppy dog eyes speech, and why do chick viewers love him even more when he does?

Despite the weak ending the mystery of the week was pretty good, and it was nice to see a preacher who didn't turn out to be a hypocritical scumbag.

Last edited by wmansir; 02-07-07 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-07-07, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If the show's producers were really serious about getting higher ratings and picked up for a season 4, they simply would have had Veronica put her shirt back on facing the camera and not with her back to it.
Old 02-07-07, 01:02 PM

I liked the episode. That's not saying much. I don't think there has ever been an episode I didn't like. The dialogue is too smart and clever.

When Veronica was following Madison - I said outloud that she should just tell her she's adopted. That would knock her down a peg or two. Not one second later - she mentions that she has to buy Mac a present. I don't think casual fans would have gotten that.
Old 02-07-07, 01:46 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Ratings news is pretty bad.

According to tvguide, this weeks ep set a new season low and was down 270K from last week.
Old 02-07-07, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
If the show's producers were really serious about getting higher ratings and picked up for a season 4, they simply would have had Veronica put her shirt back on facing the camera and not with her back to it.

I saw the SAME thing in "Pulse" just last night. Her putting her shirt back on. It was still hot.
Old 02-07-07, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
Ratings news is pretty bad.

According to tvguide, this weeks ep set a new season low and was down 270K from last week.
Yeah, I just read this on zap2it.com. Folks, this show is good as gone I'm afraid. "VM" did 1.5/2 while "Gilmore Girls" did 3.2/5 Well, I'm glad we had three seasons anyway.
Old 02-07-07, 04:34 PM
Suspended

So is the end of this little arc going to be it, or is there another small arc for April/May that we'll still get?
Old 02-07-07, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Note to Logan: Kill yourself.

I don't know. I like Logan, but its just getting boring seeing him flop from nice guy, to asshole, to regretful, all the time.

If only this season could get a little more momentum going to boost the ratings...
Old 02-07-07, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Logan is a horrible broken down character that drags down every scene he is in.
Old 02-07-07, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by aktick
So is the end of this little arc going to be it, or is there another small arc for April/May that we'll still get?
From what I recall the "full pickup" they received was shorter than expected (like only a 20 episode season) so the last few episodes will not contain a mini-arc mystery.
Old 02-07-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I didn't care for this episode at all. Too much Logan, no Wallace or Mac and the mystery felt uninspired.

Originally Posted by movieking
Logan is a horrible broken down character that drags down every scene he is in.
The show would improve greatly if they would kill off Logan. Lame character and no chemistry with V, yet the Powers That Be insist on keeping them together in a boring yo-yo relationship.
Old 02-07-07, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Logan was a great character in season one. That, unfortunately, is long gone though.
Old 02-08-07, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts
Agreed about Logan. The only reason they're keeping him and Veronica in this "relationship" is to appeal to the shippers.
Old 02-08-07, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, when they officially announce the show has been cancelled, at least I can Ebay seasons 1 and 2, not worry about buying season 3, and make room on the shelves for other shows.

There is no question the show has its moments and can show flashes of brilliance, but it's never comes close to being Season 1 quality. The tinkering has never seemed to work, there's been too much of it, and I think it shows in the way the episodes don't flow as well as they used to.

Just let Kristen get into feature films year round where we'll likely get to see her naked.

Thankfully, Mac is on Big Love...which might actually have a season 2 before my 4 year old starts high school.
Old 02-08-07, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by wmansir
First of all, it's pretty disappointing for the show to be equating the abortion pill and the morning after pill. They are 2 entirely different drugs. The morning after pill does not cause miscarriages.
Because she was overjoyed to see the reverend as if she was one of his "flock". Also the bookmark she gave with the book was from that anti-abortion group which holds a heavy religious bent with its mission.

This was a good episode for me. I liked that Keith's case moved forward some. The main story that teaches Veronica that anger management is the key was also good. I hope Weevil makes more cameos in successive episodes. I miss that character. Have we seen Wallace in more than 2 episodes this season.
Old 02-19-07, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Well, when they officially announce the show has been cancelled, at least I can Ebay seasons 1 and 2, not worry about buying season 3, and make room on the shelves for other shows.

There is no question the show has its moments and can show flashes of brilliance, but it's never comes close to being Season 1 quality. The tinkering has never seemed to work, there's been too much of it, and I think it shows in the way the episodes don't flow as well as they used to.
I'm finding the current episodes to be quite enjoyable. Hoping despetrately theres going to be season 4