Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Wholesale buying...anyone know a good source

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 02-04-07, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking to buy DVD's wholesale in a drop ship fashion. Does anyone know of a good source for this. We've contacted various companies but it seems their wholesale pricing is higher than what I can walk into many of the well known retailers.

thanks.
Old 02-04-07, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by px7253
We are looking to buy DVD's wholesale in a drop ship fashion. Does anyone know of a good source for this. We've contacted various companies but it seems their wholesale pricing is higher than what I can walk into many of the well known retailers.

thanks.
That's the beauty of loss leaders. Many independent video stores purchase movies from Best Buy on Tuesday morning for this very reason.
Old 02-06-07, 07:54 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I know someone on Ebay who uses DeepDiscountDVD, they charge exactly what they charge+2.50 shipping fee and then when the auction is over, they simply order the dvd from deepdiscount and have them ship directly to the person. Since DDD doesn't charge shipping, they make $2.50 each time. There is no risk of losing money since they do not keep any stock themselves, and only order if someone bids.
Old 02-06-07, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RonG617
I know someone on Ebay who uses DeepDiscountDVD, they charge exactly what they charge+2.50 shipping fee and then when the auction is over, they simply order the dvd from deepdiscount and have them ship directly to the person. Since DDD doesn't charge shipping, they make $2.50 each time. There is no risk of losing money since they do not keep any stock themselves, and only order if someone bids.
they still have to pay the listing fee whether it sells or not and a final fee if it sells..Not much profit there..
DG