Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Knights of Prosperity - Over?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-07, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knights of Prosperity - Over?

Article on Yahoo TV. Very sad and very disappointing if true, as I thought this was the funniest new show I've seen in quite some time.

_______________________________________-

Knights Of Prosperity Pretty Much Canceled
By Kristin Veitch
Yesterday at 2:16 am

Poor Donal Logue. Oh, how I dig him, but he just can't seem to catch a break when it comes to TV projects lately, and his latest ABC project, Knights of Prosperity--about a gang trying to rob Mick Jagger--is apparently no exception.

Sources tell me that ABC told Knights' writing staff today that the comedy would not be picked up for the "back nine" episodes, which basically means they're planning to shut it down after the current 13-episode commitment.

ABC is not officially uttering a peep about the c-word (that's "cancellation," you dirty birdies!), and simply announcing a time-slot swap with According to Jim. But the writing has been on the wall the past two weeks, as American Idol sucked up viewership from everywhere in the universe, and slashed Knights' audience in half (down to about 3 million viewers).
Old 01-28-07, 05:10 PM

noooooooooooooo
Old 01-28-07, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Fuck you American Idol.
Old 01-28-07, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
Wow, American Idol is just a juggernaut. I wonder how many other shows AI has indirectly caused to get canned. I'll be a little disappointed if this news is true, but I have to admit that I just never thought it was as good as all the preseason hype led me to believe. So, I guess Knights is gone and In Case of Emergency is staying? I would've preferred the other way around.
Old 01-28-07, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I can't imagine I.C.E. is surviving.
Old 01-28-07, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

granted i do HATE american idol, but i watched this and really tried to give it a shot but i just didn't find it that funny. it had a few moments, but overall, it was just blah.
Old 01-28-07, 07:36 PM

damn, how many shows has abc cancelled this year

the nine, day break, now this..
Old 01-28-07, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow. That really, really blows. I was really enjoying this show and was fascinated at how they would be able to continue the story line indefinitely. Sigh...
Old 01-28-07, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ABC. apparently, seems to be trying to get the ratings up. Beginning this Wednesday, KoP will be on at 8:30/7:30c, not against Idol. I assume the network will give it at least 2 weeks in the new slot before cancelling it (unless they don't want it airing in sweeps, which starts Thursday, then they might cancel it after this week).
Old 01-28-07, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

too bad. the episode i watched, i really enjoyed, just forgot when it was on/watching other tv shows on dvd.
Old 01-28-07, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good Donal Logue is annoying as shit. Maybe people will stop giving him shows.
Old 01-28-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
That's too bad. The theme song alone makes the show worthwhile (full length music video on ABC's site: http://abc.go.com/primetime/theknigh...osperity/index ). The guy who plays Rockefeller is a real find, the cab driver can be very funny, & the intern's Miss America bit last week was hilarious.

They won't be able to compete with Idol no matter what they put on - they might as well just leave this on, let it build, & make ME happy.
Old 01-29-07, 01:42 AM

abc, always be canceling.
Old 01-29-07, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They're just trying to keep up with FOX's cancellation rate.
Old 01-29-07, 08:38 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
This show was killed by the president's speech, which delayed the second episode, meaning a lot of people didn't see it. ABC should have re-ran that episode since missing an episode is death to a serialized show.

Also, the title was terrible.

Oh well, I won't be crying. The show was pretty much in the "mildly amusing" category for me. I do hope they wrap up the story arc.
Old 01-29-07, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I really thought it was horrible, but I don't like Earl either. Wasn't the Pres speech on the 3rd episode. Anyway, I don't think thats wat killed it.

It needed to be in a better time slot, but how do you counter program for a juggernaut like AI. Answer, you use it as a test time slot. Knowing what the average audience pull up against AI would be and if it tests better than that you move it to a less competitive time slot.

KoP obviously couldn't bring in the numbers.
Old 01-29-07, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
This show was killed by the president's speech, which delayed the second episode, meaning a lot of people didn't see it. ABC should have re-ran that episode since missing an episode is death to a serialized show.

Also, the title was terrible.

Oh well, I won't be crying. The show was pretty much in the "mildly amusing" category for me. I do hope they wrap up the story arc.
Having watched 1.5 episodes, I think this show was killed all on its own. Half way through the 2nd episode I decided I would rather be shaving my legs with a cheese grater.
Old 01-29-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

just about sums it up.
Old 01-29-07, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Does this mean Lost will be moved back to 9 then? That's all I care about.

Well, that and not being able to see on my tv screen..
Old 01-29-07, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho

I do hope they wrap up the story arc.
If ABC continues what many networks have established as precident, I doubt we'll see any storyline wrapped up.

Remember The Nine? How about Smith? Heist? All were considered "serials", but they dropped them right in the middle of stories, with no conclusion to follow.

It's all about what's bringing in the money. If the show doesn't bring it in, scrap it. Who cares about the viewers.
Old 01-29-07, 01:00 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by sven
Good Donal Logue is annoying as shit. Maybe people will stop giving him shows.
I still don't get Donal's appeal - yes.. he is annoying.
Old 01-29-07, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
From the Hollywood Reporter:

'Knights' dodging 'Idol' threat
By Andrew Wallenstein

Jan 27, 2007
ABC is shuffling its Wednesday comedy lineup, shifting new series "The Knights of Prosperity" away from Fox's "American Idol."

The network said Friday that "Knights" will move back a half-hour to 8:30 p.m. beginning Wednesday, displacing "According to Jim" to 9 p.m. "George Lopez" will continue at 8 p.m.

While that's good news for "Knights" -- which saw its audience plummet nearly 50% from its Jan. 3 premiere when it aired opposite "Idol" on Jan. 17 -- fellow freshman comedy "In Case of Emergency" isn't so lucky, remaining in its 9:30 p.m. slot.

The ABC hit drama "Lost" returns to the Wednesday lineup at 10 p.m. Feb. 7.
Old 01-29-07, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

this show would be better with a different premise and different actors.
Old 01-29-07, 04:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
this show would be better with a different premise and different actors.
No, I think the premise and actors are pretty funny (and unique), I just think it needs better writing. The cast does their best with what's there, but the writing is simply just not funny.
Old 01-29-07, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Yeah this show is in the shadow of Idol - big time

I do think the name is too long - I think it was originaly titled "How to Rob Mc Jagger" or something like that (which is a cool and thought provoking name)

I hope it works out - it is a fun 20 minutes, and better than According to Jim or George Lopez ..... I never see threads about those shows around here

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.