Reload this Page >

State of Play - very good series

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-28-07, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone watch this miniseries from BBC ? Its about a girl who gets killed and policians involved in it. 6 parter. Quite gripping.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/State-Play-1.../dp/B0007ZD6YK
Old 09-30-08, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Thread bump out of the blue

This was a great series, just finished it and every hour had twist and turns that got bigger and bigger. Great depiction of journalist, good acting, realistic dialogue. Check it out. Plus it is being remade with Russell Crowe and Ben Affleck, directed by the guy who made Last King of Scotland, Kevin Macdonald.
Old 09-30-08, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fantastic series. Fans of The Wire should like this one. Great performances and Bill Nighy steals the show.

I don't see how they can pull off a film version with everything they'd have to cut.
Old 09-30-08, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Elpresidentepez
Fantastic series. Fans of The Wire should like this one. Great performances and Bill Nighy steals the show.

I don't see how they can pull off a film version with everything they'd have to cut.
I kept that in mind while watching and could figure a few places to trim it down and combine events. what really shocked me was that Crowe and Afflack are playing the opposite character then I thought they would.
Old 09-30-08, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally Posted by Elpresidentepez

Yeah, a film version of this is a real head scratcher. But great director, so....

Also, I think this series is more like "Prime Suspect" than anything else.
Old 09-30-08, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
For a moment I thought my account had been hacked; I had totally forgotten about the series
Old 10-02-08, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The more I look into it the cast and crew for the remake looks great. Kevin Macdonald directing, written by Tony Gilroy, Peter Morgan and Matthew Carnahan. Staring Crowe, Affleck, Helen Mirren (in the Bill Nighy role), Jason Bateman, Robin Wright Penn, Rachel McAdams, and Jeff Daniels.