Old 01-22-07, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wii - Part Thrii

Yup, this is where it goes.
Old 01-22-07, 10:29 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Wiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!! First!

I'm 41 and I love my family's Wii! Is that wrong?
Old 01-23-07, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hopefully I'll get my component cables this week so I can hook mine up to my 65" mits. I just started Zelda. It's not bad but, not the greatest either.
Old 01-23-07, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Toonview
Wiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!! First!

I'm 41 and I love my family's Wii! Is that wrong?
Not at all!
Old 01-23-07, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know it's been asked many times...but what's the launch date for the News Channel?
Old 01-23-07, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Are there any plans of a more realistic bowling game coming in the future? Perhaps with professional names, sponsers, alleys... the whole deal?

Wii Bowling is just too fun.

-NiCK
Old 01-23-07, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by abrg923
I know it's been asked many times...but what's the launch date for the News Channel?
Saturday.
Old 01-23-07, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

To repeat my question from the end of the last thread:

What, if any, are the advantages to having WiiConnect24 turned on? I have it off for now, wondering if/why I should have it on.
Old 01-23-07, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

For right now I have no idea what the befefit of having WiiConnect24 turned on is. But I know in the future that games like Animal Crossing will actually have things being transferred to you and your town will remain active while your Wii is in standby mode. At least I thought I read something like that.
Old 01-23-07, 07:17 AM

Doesn't Wiiconnect also allow you to receive messages/email while in standby, which then leads to the blue light alert?
Old 01-23-07, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From Nintendo.com

WiiConnect24

The Wii console can communicate with the Internet even when the power is turned off. The WiiConnect24 service delivers a new surprise or game update, even if the system is idle. When you turn your Wii on each day, you'll never know what to expect!

Right now it seems the only thing that happens is system updates, messages, and the weather channel gets its info.
Old 01-23-07, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I finally got my SD card working on my Mac and my Wii (slow USB issues on my iMac, rebooting seemed to fix it).

Exite Truck is like a whole new game now that I have my own music! Well, maybe not. I think I'm just enjoying it more now that I've unlocked some better trucks and the tracks are more fun. The Scotland track in the gold section is awesome. I played it 10 times or so last night but still only got a 'B'.
Old 01-23-07, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Gromit
I finally got my SD card working on my Mac and my Wii (slow USB issues on my iMac, rebooting seemed to fix it).

Exite Truck is like a whole new game now that I have my own music! Well, maybe not. I think I'm just enjoying it more now that I've unlocked some better trucks and the tracks are more fun. The Scotland track in the gold section is awesome. I played it 10 times or so last night but still only got a 'B'.
Glad to hear. Unfortunately I screwed myself on my SD card yesterday. I noticed it was only reading one of my music folders so I decided to dump them all into one folder so Excite Truck could see them all for a bigger selection. I originally had them seperated by hard rock mix, prog, comedy, and slow/pop stuff.

Turns out Excite Truck can only see 100 songs, doesn't matter how they are organized. Now I have a jumbled mess on my card, about 1.5GB of music. On top of that the 100 songs Excite Truck sees now is all the slow shit. It made it interesting racing to Tenacious D last night.

I am a tad disappointed now that I have gotten further into the game. 6 tracks(w/variations on each)? This game is a blast, but they couldn't have spent a little more time to give us a few more? Hell Mario Kart gives you more than that. I'm still enjoying the hell out of it, especially with the custom soundtrack, and I'd still recommend it, but probably for the $30 range.
Old 01-23-07, 08:22 AM
Retired

Originally Posted by cseyer
Right now it seems the only thing that happens is system updates, messages, and the weather channel gets its info.
I don't even think it gets system updates as its still always asked me to update when I turn it on, even when I'd left Wiiconnect 24 on.

I usually hold down the power button to turn it off though, as the Wii stays too warm with it on for my tastes. Makes me a bit nervous and I don't like wasting the power (though I'm sure it's pretty negligible--think I read 8 watts somewhere).
Old 01-23-07, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

to everything so far:

Zelda gets better...I'm about 3/4 through...really taking my time...and am really enjoying it.

News Channel: 27th

Excite Truck = Brilliant...Even with just 6 countries, the tracks in each country are generally pretty varied. If I had a complaint, it would be that it's not Wiiconnected since it's a game that begs to be. I'm waiting for my SD card and reader to come from Amazon, so I haven't done my own music, but the soundtrack doesn't bother me that much anyway. With the customized soundtrack, does it still do that fade effect when you get a ton of air? I think that's a terrific use of sound effects.

I got Rayman for $29 from Wal-Mart last week (they matched the CC flyer). I'm mostly enjoying it so far, but trying to close those outhouses had me at my wits end. Ugh. Still love the plunger shooting, cow tossing, and disco bits though. It was worth $30, but not a penny more.

I may take a look at Elebits once I finish Zelda...but reviews seem mixed on that one.
Old 01-23-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Are 'Nintendo' and 'React' COMPONENT CABLES easier to find in stores now?
Old 01-23-07, 08:43 AM

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
Picked up Excite truck this past weekend and it is a blast. I haven't had this much fun since Speed Devils and SFR 2049 on the DC.

I'm having all sorts of trouble clearing the Platinum levels, so I'm running through the other ones again trying to improve my skills and get S ratings on all of them. I am getting better at getting 5 star Super Truck Smashes and Super Drifts.

I normally would be frustrated about the not getting past the Platinum levels, but the ridiculous sense of speed and being able to use my own music for the soundtrack makes this game awesome!!! So much so that it has distracted me from my mission to complete Zelda.
Old 01-23-07, 08:45 AM

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Sominex
Are 'Nintendo' and 'React' COMPONENT CABLES easier to find in stores now?
I see the React/Psyclone cables at Best Buy all the time now. I also saw another brand at Target (can't remember which brand it was).
Old 01-23-07, 09:01 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Are there any plans of a more realistic bowling game coming in the future? Perhaps with professional names, sponsers, alleys... the whole deal?

Wii Bowling is just too fun.

-NiCK
They'd be stupid not to put out a full fleged bowling title of some sort, considering how popular the freebie is.
Old 01-23-07, 09:03 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Turns out Excite Truck can only see 100 songs, doesn't matter how they are organized. Now I have a jumbled mess on my card, about 1.5GB of music. On top of that the 100 songs Excite Truck sees now is all the slow shit. It made it interesting racing to Tenacious D last night.
Tenacious D was my custom soundtrack for when I'd play Midtown Madness 3 online. Rock Your Socks Off is an awesome racing tune.
Old 01-23-07, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am a tad disappointed now that I have gotten further into the game. 6 tracks(w/variations on each)? This game is a blast, but they couldn't have spent a little more time to give us a few more? Hell Mario Kart gives you more than that. I'm still enjoying the hell out of it, especially with the custom soundtrack, and I'd still recommend it, but probably for the $30 range.
That's how I felt. I bought it used from Gamestop, had a blast playing the hell out of it for 5-6 days, but then I took advantage of being able to return a used game to GS within 7 days. After "completing" all of the tracks I had only received an S-rating on about 60% of them, and had no real desire to re-do the other 40% over and over just to unlock more tracks. Once it hits around $25 either new or used, I'll probably pick it back up.
Old 01-23-07, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by chess
I got Rayman for $29 from Wal-Mart last week (they matched the CC flyer). I'm mostly enjoying it so far, but trying to close those outhouses had me at my wits end. Ugh. Still love the plunger shooting, cow tossing, and disco bits though. It was worth $30, but not a penny more.
Ignore the doors. Whack the bunnys right in the stomach.
Old 01-23-07, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ignore the doors. Whack the bunnys right in the stomach.
I would have gone with 'junk' but 'stomach' works.

I thought Excite Truck was just OK early on. For me, it's not that exciting until you unlock the better trucks and can get more air. The early stuff had me thinking "this is NOTHING like the clips I saw online! Maybe I just suck?"

Now that I'm getting the big jumps in, I'm having more fun. Based on what you guys have posted though, it may not last long.
Old 01-23-07, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
I usually hold down the power button to turn it off though, as the Wii stays too warm with it on for my tastes. Makes me a bit nervous and I don't like wasting the power (though I'm sure it's pretty negligible--think I read 8 watts somewhere).
I hold the power button to turn it off too. Is that not 'standby mode'? Are others just leaving it on (green light)?
Old 01-23-07, 10:11 AM

WiiConnect 24 = Orange Light
Standby Mode = Red Light

I just leave my on WiiConnect 24 mode.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.