Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Why do my Ears Constantly Pop?

SoSpacey
01-17-07, 08:53 AM
Does anyone else get this?

Both of my ears, but especially my left, tend to constantly pop and unpop, then I have to pop them back.

They get that airy feeling like I am on a plain. To pop them back I have to inhail through my nose and sometimes have to hold my nostrils and inhail.

It has always been daily for me, and even multiple times a day but lately it is getting worse.

I dont know why it does this or if ther eis a fix but now it just bothers me more and more.

Someone suggested ear candling where they put a wax cone in your ear, light the top and it causes some sort of air pressure to help release the pressure inside the ear.

Other than that I am lost.

Minor Threat
01-17-07, 09:04 AM
Have you seen a doctor about this....?

jonw9
01-17-07, 09:06 AM
**What??**

http://libsyn.com/images/indiefeedbigshed/sm_earhorn.jpg

Minor Threat
01-17-07, 09:06 AM
<a href="http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060903231929AAvX3kI" target="_blank">POSSIBILITIES</a>

Charlie Goose
01-17-07, 09:07 AM
Inoperable brain tumor.

Minor Threat
01-17-07, 09:10 AM
HONK!!!!!

The Bus
01-17-07, 09:11 AM
I suggest cutting down your intake of Corn Pops, since it no longer seems you "gotta have [your] pops"; if there is also assorted snapping and crackling, a Ricekrisperectomy might be in order.

SoSpacey
01-17-07, 09:32 AM
Have you seen a doctor about this....?

lived with it so long i never bothered.

i had chronic ear infections as a kid, swam a lot, have pretty bad allergies...just figured it was associated with that.

SoSpacey
01-17-07, 09:33 AM
I suggest cutting down your intake of Corn Pops, since it no longer seems you "gotta have [your] pops";

but once i popped, i cant stop!

The Bus
01-17-07, 09:38 AM
but once i popped, i cant stop!

How silly of me. You've acquired Pringling of the tensor tympani. Reduce your intake of potato crisps.

jonw9
01-17-07, 09:50 AM
Wait, how many posts should the be before somebody say:

"Go to a doctor immediately, this is an internet forum for DVD fanatics that are in no way qualified to diagnose you ailment, especially via the internet, and shame on those of you who tried, and double shame on those who made jokes!!"

Any way, too soon?

Bronkster
01-17-07, 10:18 AM
Go to a doctor immediately, this is an internet forum for DVD fanatics that are in no way qualified to diagnose you ailment, especially via the internet, and shame on those of you who tried, and double shame on those who made jokes!!

twikoff
01-17-07, 10:25 AM
are you really really tall?

adamblast
01-17-07, 10:26 AM
Just guessing: Because you're a flight attendant?

And can I have another tiny bag of pretzels, please?

jonw9
01-17-07, 10:32 AM
Maybe it is "The bends!!"

Scuba dive much?

SoSpacey
01-17-07, 03:16 PM
are you really really tall?

Quite the opposite. But I wear tall shoes.

Maybe it is "The bends!!"

Scuba dive much?

I swim a lot, but mainly in the summer. I swam in High School. Maybe there is still some water in there?

Altimus Prime
01-17-07, 03:20 PM
They get that airy feeling like I am on a plain.

Kinda like in the Sound of Music? With flowers blooming all over the plain?

Sounds kinda nice.

;)

Jeremy517
01-17-07, 03:20 PM
lived with it so long i never bothered.

i had chronic ear infections as a kid, swam a lot, have pretty bad allergies...just figured it was associated with that.

It is probably allergies. I have the same problem, with those same characteristics. The doctor prescribed Nasonex to clear the sinuses and let the fluid drain.

Pezcore
01-17-07, 03:50 PM
Obviously, the best thing to do is to go see and EAT ( ear/nose/throat ) doctor. It could be a ripple in your eardrum. I have the same problem in my left ear and this is what was found. I also swam alot and had ear infections all the time ( I actually had tubes in both ears at the age of 5 ). I also have severe tinitus (sp?). Doctor said I'll have that for the rest of my life, but I'm pretty use to it now.

Altimus Prime
01-17-07, 03:52 PM
Turn down your iPod.

The Bus
01-17-07, 04:35 PM
Now I'm hungry for pretzels. :mad:

superdeluxe
01-17-07, 04:57 PM
Does anyone else get this?

Both of my ears, but especially my left, tend to constantly pop and unpop, then I have to pop them back.

They get that airy feeling like I am on a plain. To pop them back I have to inhail through my nose and sometimes have to hold my nostrils and inhail.

It has always been daily for me, and even multiple times a day but lately it is getting worse.

I dont know why it does this or if ther eis a fix but now it just bothers me more and more.

Someone suggested ear candling where they put a wax cone in your ear, light the top and it causes some sort of air pressure to help release the pressure inside the ear.

Other than that I am lost.

Change in pressure, or change in altitude. The ears popping is actually normal I think. Might have sinus issues if you can't get your ears to pop.

Shazam
01-17-07, 05:32 PM
Are you on an airplane? Look outside the window. Do people look really small to you?

Anubis2005X
01-17-07, 05:36 PM
Dude, I'm betting it's allergy related too. I have the same problem, but it's mostly just my right ear. My head just gets all congested and it makes my ear pop. Try and take care of the allergies, decongest, and it should improve. I've been meaning to see a ENT doctor about this, but just haven't gotten around to it.