Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Question about 24, Season 2/3

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-07, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Question about 24, Season 2/3

I recently watched the 2nd and 3rd seasons of "24" for the first time (now I'm completely caught up, after starting to follow the show in the 4th season). There's one thing that puzzles me, if anyone remembers. At the end of Season 2, David Palmer collapses from what seems to be either a disease or poison after shaking someones hand in a crowd. I thought it was supposed to be a big cliffhanger, but Season 3 starts by replaying the collapse, a black screen with "X months later", then everything is fine. I kept waiting for the assasination attempt story thread to be brought up again, but it never was. Did I miss something?
Old 01-12-07, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Nope. You'll have to play the PS2 game to find out what happened between seasons 2 and 3.
Old 01-12-07, 12:55 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
They needed something to keep people talking from May to until January and bringing back Mandy from season 1 to poison him was that. If you are expecting the writers of 24 to write things that make sense you need to lower your expectations
Old 01-12-07, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, I think they did show him having some scars from it and didn't he have a special doctor close by because of what happened?
Old 01-12-07, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
also wasnt the whole plot thread brought up at the end of season 3 and or 4 about letting Mandy have a pardon because she attempted to kill Palmer?
Old 01-12-07, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Rypro 525
also wasnt the whole plot thread brought up at the end of season 3 and or 4 about letting Mandy have a pardon because she attempted to kill Palmer?
I remember that from Season 4 (since I didn't see Season 2 or 3 at the time, it didn't register with me as anything special).

Originally Posted by Gunde
Nope. You'll have to play the PS2 game to find out what happened between seasons 2 and 3.
Can you spoil me?
Old 01-12-07, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by brainee
Can you spoil me?
I would if I could but I never played the game myself...
Old 01-12-07, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep looking at the seasons, it comes back. i'm not going to say but you have to look at the seasons.
Old 01-12-07, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by brainee
Can you spoil me?
I never played the game(I heard it's not very good), but someone was kind enough to put all the cinema scenes up on YouTube a while back.

It takes place 6 months after Season 2. I forget exactly what the terrorists were plotting to do, but there was an attempt on the Vice President's life which forces David Palmer to get out of his hospital bed and reassume the Presidency. The rest of the plot introduces all the Season 3 cast additions like Chloe, Chase, and Adam, and it just so happens to be Kim's first day working at CTU.

There's an attack on L.A.(big surprise, I know) in which the terrorists plant bombs to cause an earthquake. The rest of the plot involves Jack and Chase hunting down the main bad guy(voiced by Christian Kane who played Lindsey on Angel) which leads them to Max, the mysterious German dude on the boat from the end of Season 2. At the end of the game, Jack kills Max.
Old 01-12-07, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Doughboy
I never played the game(I heard it's not very good), but someone was kind enough to put all the cinema scenes up on YouTube a while back.

It takes place 6 months after Season 2. I forget exactly what the terrorists were plotting to do, but there was an attempt on the Vice President's life which forces David Palmer to get out of his hospital bed and reassume the Presidency. The rest of the plot introduces all the Season 3 cast additions like Chloe, Chase, and Adam, and it just so happens to be Kim's first day working at CTU.

There's an attack on L.A.(big surprise, I know) in which the terrorists plant bombs to cause an earthquake. The rest of the plot involves Jack and Chase hunting down the main bad guy(voiced by Christian Kane who played Lindsey on Angel) which leads them to Max, the mysterious German dude on the boat from the end of Season 2. At the end of the game, Jack kills Max.

It's actually quite a good game. One of the best third-person shooting systems I've encountered, and if you're really into the show, it's worth at least a rental. Not a huge amount of replay, but you could beat it in the time window that Blockbuster gives you, and you'll enjoy the hell out of it.

Doc