Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Don't sell your used dvd's to dvdplanet IF You want to wait 6 mo. to get store credit

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Don't sell your used dvd's to dvdplanet IF You want to wait 6 mo. to get store credit

Old 01-11-07, 04:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WARNING! Don't sell your used dvd's to dvdplanet IF...

...You want to wait 6 months to get your store credit. I sent a box of dvd's to them over a month ago and when I called an asked why I had not gotten my credit yet and a rather rude CSR said,"We have over 225 boxes in the back and we only do 2 or 3 a day"! Either they are extremely understaffed or they shouldn't have ever started a buy your dvd's buisness cause this is ridiculous. The csr said,"It could be quite a while before you see your credit" when I asked- Needless to say I feel I made mistake sending them my used discs to purchase!
smurr
Old 01-11-07, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's just one of the reasons I sell my DVDs to Secondspin... the other reason being that I can get a check, instead of credit. They're fast too!

Rob
Old 01-11-07, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt it will take that long. The longest I have ever waited is about 45 days.
Old 01-11-07, 05:46 PM

I sent in a large box back on November 18th. I called a few weeks later and got the same story. Although I never received an email regarding my credit, it did appear on my account right after Christmas I believe. You should check your account online and see if they have processed your order. By the way, I was very happy with their credit trades and the fact that they accepted all the DVDs I sent. Now I have $430 in credit waiting for their next big sale.
Old 01-11-07, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wrong forum + there are plenty of DVDPlanet threads already in the right forum. Mark from DVDPlanet might respond to your post if you put it in the right forum.

I sent a box in about three weeks ago, took one week to get my credit and the longest I have ever had to wait was about a month. And that was a couple of years ago before the Digital Eyes merger with DVDPlanet. As far as I'm concerned DVDPlanet is top notch and is one of the few etailers that I trust and use regularly.

Last edited by Johnny Zhivago; 01-11-07 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-11-07, 09:24 PM
Banned

DVDPlanet sucks. I ordered the Corpse Bride (HD DVD), and Accepted (HD DVD) as a part of the Google 20 off 50 deal. I ordered on the 10th, they didn't get shipped out until at least 4 days after I ordered, then I didn't even receive them until a day or two before Christmas. The Corpse Bride skipped, so I sent it back (with my own money, I never requested that they paid for the return shipping) the day after Christmas for an exchange. They got in on the 28th (at 7 in the morning), and after sending them 2 e-mails, the 2nd of which I threatened to file mail fraud, and file a BBB complaint, they finally said the replacement got sent out yesterday. 11 business days after they got my disc, they finally sent out a replacement, and its been about a month since I ordered. That's rediculous. I'm sorry, but if you want to run a respectable business, treat every order the same. I wonder how many orders were made, and got sent out between 12/28-1/10. Yet my order gets stuck for 11 days because their employees are too lazy to do some actual work. I don't think I'll ever be making another purchase from DVDPlanet again, and the only reason I made the order from them in the first place is because Buy.com didn't have Corpse Bride in stock.

I did find this quote quite funny, it just oozes lazyness:

"We have over 225 boxes in the back and we only do 2 or 3 a day"!
You mean to tell me that in a 8 hour day you only get through 2 or 3 boxes? Are you kidding me? If that's the case, why even have a business? It sounds like all you do is throw pizza parties and only work when the pizza is all gone. Might as well open a Chuck E Cheese.

*sigh*

[/end vent]
Old 01-12-07, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by king slug
DVDPlanet sucks. I ordered the Corpse Bride (HD DVD), and Accepted (HD DVD) as a part of the Google 20 off 50 deal. I ordered on the 10th, they didn't get shipped out until at least 4 days after I ordered, then I didn't even receive them until a day or two before Christmas. The Corpse Bride skipped, so I sent it back (with my own money, I never requested that they paid for the return shipping) the day after Christmas for an exchange. They got in on the 28th (at 7 in the morning), and after sending them 2 e-mails, the 2nd of which I threatened to file mail fraud, and file a BBB complaint, they finally said the replacement got sent out yesterday. 11 business days after they got my disc, they finally sent out a replacement, and its been about a month since I ordered. That's rediculous. I'm sorry, but if you want to run a respectable business, treat every order the same. I wonder how many orders were made, and got sent out between 12/28-1/10. Yet my order gets stuck for 11 days because their employees are too lazy to do some actual work. I don't think I'll ever be making another purchase from DVDPlanet again, and the only reason I made the order from them in the first place is because Buy.com didn't have Corpse Bride in stock.

I did find this quote quite funny, it just oozes lazyness:

You mean to tell me that in a 8 hour day you only get through 2 or 3 boxes? Are you kidding me? If that's the case, why even have a business? It sounds like all you do is throw pizza parties and only work when the pizza is all gone. Might as well open a Chuck E Cheese.

*sigh*

[/end vent]

DVDPlanet never had a 20 off 50 (I wish they had) - that was buy.com
Old 01-12-07, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not to mention, when you do free shipping, thats how long it takes...Thats why I dont do it anymore. And the Corpse Bride issue isn't their fault, its the discs fault. Sure, I would be pissed as well (it took me 3 months to get my Oldboy 3-disc from ddd, so I know the feeling), but the fault is on the disc and the postal service.
Old 01-12-07, 07:42 AM

I've sold lots of DVDs to DVD Planet. They typically take about 2 weeks to post my credit after I've shipped them.

Never had a problem trying to get credit from them.
Old 01-12-07, 12:27 PM

I've sent dvds to them 5 times and have never had a problem. The longest I had to wait was for 30 days. Typically I'll send them about 20 dvds at a time. They've always had great customer service in my book.
Old 01-12-07, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I've sold them DVDs many times. They usually post credit within a couple of weeks. Never had a problem with them.
Old 01-12-07, 02:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by speedyray

Sorry, it was the 10 off 30.

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
Not to mention, when you do free shipping, thats how long it takes...Thats why I dont do it anymore. And the Corpse Bride issue isn't their fault, its the discs fault. Sure, I would be pissed as well (it took me 3 months to get my Oldboy 3-disc from ddd, so I know the feeling), but the fault is on the disc and the postal service.
It's the post office's fault that DVDPlanet waited 11 days to send out my replacement...? I put a tracking number on my package so I knew that they got my package, and they got it December 28th. They personally (after sending a harassing e-mail since they decided to ignore my first one) told me they sent out a replacement on January 10th. How is that the Post Office's fault?

There is absolutely no excuse to wait 11 days to send out a replacement disc. If they want to run a respectable e-business, they should be sending out returns in no later than 2-3 days at the max. The customer also shouldn't be ignored, and force to write an e-mail threatening them with a BBB report. The whole situation was just rediculous.
Old 01-12-07, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Out of curiousity, how soon after receiving used DVDs do they update them on the site?

Do they add them quicker than store credit reflects or is it just that they are on the slow side dealing with all aspects of the used process?
Old 01-12-07, 03:47 PM

king slug Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyray

Sorry, it was the 10 off 30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom

It's the post office's fault that DVDPlanet waited 11 days to send out my replacement...? I put a tracking number on my package so I knew that they got my package, and they got it December 28th. They personally (after sending a harassing e-mail since they decided to ignore my first one) told me they sent out a replacement on January 10th. How is that the Post Office's fault?

There is absolutely no excuse to wait 11 days to send out a replacement disc. If they want to run a respectable e-business, they should be sending out returns in no later than 2-3 days at the max. The customer also shouldn't be ignored, and force to write an e-mail threatening them with a BBB report. The whole situation was just rediculous

Strange when I called after I returned something, I was told it usually takes between 5-10 business days. These would M-F. So it appears they did return your item within the time frame. That's all. I have yet to have a problem with Dvd Planet.com
Old 01-12-07, 06:00 PM

people, checkout www.spam.com . If your dvd is requested, you get $$ for it. You can cash-out at $100. Their pricing is great, that is if your item gets requested. But its free! the buyer pays all the costs. Definitely worth a look.
Old 01-12-07, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by amd555
people, checkout www.spam.com . If your dvd is requested, you get $$ for it. You can cash-out at $100. Their pricing is great, that is if your item gets requested. But its free! the buyer pays all the costs. Definitely worth a look.
site is peerflix.com-->CHECK IT!
Old 01-12-07, 06:01 PM

peerflix.com--why doesnt it allow me to say w w w. p e e r f l i x. c o m?
Old 01-12-07, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ok, I sent a box of DVDs to dvdplanet on 12/29 and just got an email that my credit has been applied to my account. And no discs were rejected. So another good experience for me.
Old 01-13-07, 09:43 AM

Lunatikk--How many items did you send them?
Old 01-13-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DVD planet, to me, is one of the best etailers for both new and used dvd's and hddvd's. When I ship a box of used dvd's, I always see the store credit show up within 2-3 weeks after mailing the package to DVDPlanet.

Furthermore, since I've been sending used dvd's to DVDPlanet, they have always been courteous if I have called to make sure they received a package. They always give more value for a used dvd than Secondspin.

I suppose if I simply wanted a check instead, then that would be fine, but there is always something being released on either dvd or hddvd that I would rather use credit on versus spending more money. Just my .02 cents...
Old 01-13-07, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tofferman
DVD planet, to me, is one of the best etailers for both new and used dvd's and hddvd's. When I ship a box of used dvd's, I always see the store credit show up within 2-3 weeks after mailing the package to DVDPlanet.

Furthermore, since I've been sending used dvd's to DVDPlanet, they have always been courteous if I have called to make sure they received a package. They always give more value for a used dvd than Secondspin.

I suppose if I simply wanted a check instead, then that would be fine, but there is always something being released on either dvd or hddvd that I would rather use credit on versus spending more money. Just my .02 cents...
That's been my experience as well. And IMO, great customer service.
Old 01-13-07, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cleverusername
Lunatikk--How many items did you send them?
this last one I sent them had 30 DVDs.
Old 01-13-07, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
this last one I sent them had 30 DVDs.
How much did that cost? Were you able to get them all in one box under 10 lbs for media mail?
Old 01-13-07, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by abintra
How much did that cost? Were you able to get them all in one box under 10 lbs for media mail?
Yep I used one box, made two stacks of DVDs inside the box with some tissue paper on the sides. It was around $4 to send, with delivery confirmation. I didn't get insurance.
Old 01-13-07, 04:03 PM

I have a scratched DVD from DVDPlanet. Asked them today to email a return label today. But reading the stuff up here, I am worried about sending it in to them to get replacement. I sent in a DVD to DDD 1 month ago and nothing yet. I may have to dispute the charges with my credit card. I am extremely frustrated. I know DVDPlanet and DDD are owned by the same company. Should I take a chance at trying to make this return? It seems very risky to me. Anyway, if customers are left to feel this way about their customer service, I think many customers out there will not feel confident in doing business with these people

I usually don't buy from DVDPlanet. Only did it because of the $10 off google checkout. Since that will probably never return, I don't forsee buying anything from them again.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.