TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Supernatural - "Hunted" 1/11/07

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-07, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Supernatural - "Hunted" 1/11/07

Spoiler:
Distraught Sam sneaks off to Indiana without Dean after Dean tells him what their father said before he died; a psychic tells Sam that she sought him out to warn him of his impending death.

I've been missing this show.
Old 01-11-07, 01:29 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
We're supposed to find out what John said to Dean before he died tonight
Old 01-11-07, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
We're supposed to find out what John said to Dean before he died tonight
Man, that rules more than Zeppelin!

Old 01-11-07, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been missing this show too. It's my most looked forward to show each week. Tonight will also be my first opportunity to watch it in HD.
Old 01-12-07, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So any thoughts on what these psychic people are? Total speculation, but I'm thinking that they are to be called up and used as Satan's soldiers for the Apocalypse, and we may soon be seeing more people like Gordon who are going to be "called by God" to kill those like Sam.

And were we supposed to infer that that girl who had visions was killed by a demon, or WAS a demon?
Old 01-12-07, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think we'll have to stay tuned to see what happened to that Ava chick...Either she's "been summoned" and gone all crazy killer (Ginger snapped!), she was killed or she was kidnapped or something. I loved the reveal of what John told Dean... That Dean might have to one day kill Sam was an interesting twist...seems the show will be heading down this storyline for a while...solid episode.
Old 01-12-07, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Morf
So any thoughts on what these psychic people are? Total speculation, but I'm thinking that they are to be called up and used as Satan's soldiers for the Apocalypse, and we may soon be seeing more people like Gordon who are going to be "called by God" to kill those like Sam.
Which sounds surprisingly like Heroes right now. Gordon wasn't "called by God", he was just playing God. He has no authority to exact "justice" on someone who hasn't done anything wrong. He's basically doing his own version of Minority Report. Of course his behavior here isn't at all surprising considering his "holier than thou" attitude in the domesticated vampire episode with Amber Benson before.

Originally Posted by Morf
And were we supposed to infer that that girl who had visions was killed by a demon, or WAS a demon?
Or was possessed by one just like Meg? I'm assuming these people each have powers that the yellow-eyed one can exploit while possessing them.
Old 01-12-07, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My guess is they are going to have her turn evil on her own somehow. She was really nice and likable so having her turn evil would add to Sam's storyline, since they haven't really shown anything to support the possibility of Sam turning.
Old 01-13-07, 01:24 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I thought it was ok. Will be interested to see whee they go from with with everything.
Old 01-13-07, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought it was a very good episode.

General thoughts:

- I liked the pre-credits opening that seems to be going in a different direction (an episode featuring the electrocution guy) but then ends surprisingly.

- Dean's confession scene to Sammy was great. Really set up a good arc storyline for the rest of the season (and possibly beyond).

- Sammy's death scene was a shocker (until we realized we were actually seeing Eva's premonition). Also liked that the "real" version later began in the exact same way.

- Eva was created perfectly as cute and sweet (a.k.a. completely harmless). So when they later visited her home, the scene there was unexpectedly gruesome. (And I think it's obvious she's still alive but was taken by the Demon as one of his "soldiers". Though whether the Demon killed her fiancé or she did it is still a question.)

- Liked the return of Gordon - he's a formidable opponent. (Although I did think Sammy's plan at the end for him was staged too perfectly with the police getting there at just at the right moment to save the guys.)

Last edited by dhmac; 01-13-07 at 03:15 AM.
Old 01-14-07, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sam's vision are like Cordy's on Angel's.
Overall good episode.
Old 01-16-07, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sam's cast is for a real-life event, right? It's been on a long time to be just some show device.
Old 01-16-07, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, he really did break his wrist. Although I don't remember the specifics.
Old 01-16-07, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
Yes, he really did break his wrist. Although I don't remember the specifics.
According to http://winchester-journals.net/episo..._simonsaid.php, the actor broke his wrist doing a stunt. The broken wrist was written into the October 2006 episode "Simon Said."
Old 04-05-07, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I checked Yahoo TV to see which episode was being repeated tonight ("Hunted") and, man, do they completely spoil everything in the episode for anyone who hadn't seen it yet in their description (obviously it's OK to spoil it here in this thread, though):

"Dean reveals to Sam the big secret his father told him: the demon who killed their mother has special plans for Sam that he intends to execute if Dean doesn't keep him on the right path. Sam goes searching for the demon in a fit of rage, and comes across it in Illinois. There, a psychic woman finds Sam and warns him of an impending doom. In this case, it's Gordon, who takes Dean hostage and uses him to try to trap Sam. But Sam doesn't fall for the trap and the police end up busting Gordon for the murder committed by the demon. As Sam and Dean go to thank the psychic woman, they discover that her fiance's been killed and she's gone missing."