TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Road Rules Returns with “Road Rules 2007: Viewers’ Revenge”

Old 01-08-07, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Road Rules Returns with “Road Rules 2007: Viewers’ Revenge”

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.a...=20070108mtv01

Spoiler:
[01.08.07 - 04:09 PM]
VIEWERS TAKE THE WHEEL AS MTV’S ROAD RULES RETURNS WITH “ROAD RULES 2007: VIEWERS’ REVENGE”
Released by MTV
[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VIEWERS TAKE THE WHEEL AS MTVS ROAD RULES RETURNS WITH ROAD RULES 2007: VIEWERS REVENGE

New Season Premieres on Tuesday, January 30th at 9:00PM (ET/PT)

Road Rules 2007: Viewers Revenge Launch Special To Air

on Tuesday, January 23rd at 10:00pm (ET/PT)

Visit RoadRules.MTV.com To Participate, Vote & Witness All The Elimination Action

Santa Monica, CA (January 8, 2007) Viewers rule as MTV announces the triumphant return of fan favorite, Road Rules with the new Road Rules 2007: Viewers Revenge premiering Tuesday, January 30th at 9:00pm ET/PT. A 100% interactive experience, MTVs audience will be in complete control of the game for the first time ever. With a real-time shoot schedule, viewers take the wheel this season as they call the shots on: 1) who from the RV ends up in the MTV Online elimination round, and 2) who from the roster of replacements on MTV.com competes against that Road Ruler for their spot. The new season kicks off with a Road Rules 2007: Viewers Revenge Launch Special on Tuesday, January 23rd at 10:00pm ET/PT. Road Rules will join MTVs explosive Tuesday night block including Bams Unholy Union at 9:30pm ET/PT, Two-A-Days at 10pm ET/PT, and Wrestling Society X at 10:30pm ET/PT.

The new season will kick-off as six Road Rules veterans hit the road and face-off in a series of adventures and competitions. The cast will continue to travel in an RV tackling one mission each week, but the rules and the game have changed. Heres how it goes:

The return of Road Rules will find six of the most infamous former Road Rules cast members as the initial passengers in the RV.

After each weeks mission, the cast will return to home base and the cast, themselves, will nominate the weakest male and female for elimination.

Immediately after the show airs, viewers at home will vote which of those two cast members will enter an elimination face-off that will air exclusively on roadrules.mtv.com.

At the same time the viewers are nominating a cast member to send into elimination, they will also vote for the challenger from The Pit Crew -- an internet replacement board of potential male and female replacements.

The Pit Crew will live on roadrules.mtv.com, and will feature video packages, personal blogs and other stats/background on each potential replacement.

If the current Road Rules cast member wins the competition, he/she returns to the RV -- and the cast-mates who nominated him/her for elimination.

If he/she loses, the challenger replaces him/her with the now ex-Road Ruler joining the other potential replacements on the internet board where he/she can lobby the viewers to put him/her back in the game.

The next on-air episode will begin with a short re-cap of the MTV.com elimination and the re-entry of the victor of the elimination face-off.

Road Rules will be based in California this season, allowing the cast to travel to overnight locations for their mission and nomination, and then travel back to home base. After each mission, the cast will enter blogs, interviews and personal video diaries on roadrules.mtv.com and MTV Mobile. Once the elimination is over, the cast takes off on another mission for several days before returning to home base.

Below is a look at the veteran cast members that will kick-off the season of Road Rules 2007: Viewers Revenge.

Abram

Abram is a Road Rules South Seas alum and has also made a name for himself on numerous Real World/Road Rules Challenges. Growing up in Montana with nine brothers and sisters, Abram has learned what it is like to not only live, but compete, with others. With a thrill for extreme sports, and never-say-die attitude, Abrams biggest competitor is often himself.

Adam

Adam, a veteran of Road Rules 10: The Quest is a good-looking ladies man who uses his charm and outgoing personality for all their worth. Despite suffering from ADD while he was young, Adam has conquered lifes obstacles and is eager to face whatever the RV and MTV fans can throw at him.

Shane

Shane is a veteran of Road Rules Campus Crawl and has appeared on many of the Real World/Road Rules Challenges. Raised under a strict military stepfather, Shane grew up on the road, making friends where he could. Teased in high school for being different, it wasnt until he got to the University of North Carolina that Shane found his voice and was able to speak about his sexuality. Now a vocal gay rights activist and public speaker, Shane isnt afraid of confronting adversity, or the competition.

Kina

Kina was originally seen on Road Rules Xtreme and has also appeared as a fierce competitor on some of the Real World/Road Rules Challenges. A native of New Jersey, Kina is busting with personality and is often accused of seeing the world through her own eyes. The only question is, will MTV fans see it her way, as well

Susie

Susie is a veteran of Road Rules Australia and is the youngest kid of five children raised by right-wing, conservative Republicans in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. A self-proclaimed expert on the Brady Bunch, she may need more than TV trivia to get thru this season of Road Rules.

Veronica

First seen on Road Rules Semester at Sea, Veronica has since appeared on many of the Real World/Road Rules Challenges. A familiar face among the Real World and Road Rules fans, Veronica always has something to say. The question this season, will she be able to back up her words?

For complete information on Road Rules 2007: Viewers Revenge including information on all the replacement cast members, show details and much more, visit roadrules.mtv.com.

"Road Rules 2007: Viewers Revenge" is Executive Produced by Jonathan Murray and Rick DeOliveira. Jacquelyn French and Drew Tappon are Executives in Charge for MTV.

It looks like they have some interesting ideas this time.

Chris
Old 01-08-07, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

veronica.... shes so hot
Old 01-08-07, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
would rather see a whole new cast. Those 6 do nothing to get me excited.
Old 01-08-07, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
They need new blood for the challenges, like they did with Fresh Meat. This should be for a new cast.
Old 01-09-07, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kina, Susie, Veronica...I am IN!

Can't wait. Why they've continued to make the other Bunim/Murray incarnations but not this one is beyond me.
Old 01-09-07, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sounds way too complicated.
Old 01-09-07, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent_MN
Kina, Susie, Veronica...I am IN!

Can't wait. Why they've continued to make the other Bunim/Murray incarnations but not this one is beyond me.
Agreed. Although I probably won't participate online or anything.
Old 01-09-07, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My simplistic mind doesn't get such complex ideas, however, I like the cast. I'm in.
Old 01-09-07, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
Veronica? I'm there....
Old 01-09-07, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

so when's someone gonna post the links to Veronica's dirty pictures??
Old 01-17-07, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

so when's someone gonna post the links to Veronica's dirty pictures??

i am on it...
Old 01-17-07, 10:03 PM

Am I alone because I would rather have a completely new cast and then have all of them finish the season. I do not really need to see them complete challenges to keep all of the people together. The first seasons I always thought were the best because the people actually got to know each other and like them or not they were stuck with who they were in the rv with.
Old 01-23-07, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Just bumping this up since the "Road Rules 2007 - Viewers Revenge" Launch Special begins to air today on MTV. Like they have been doing with their other 9:00 pm-11:00 pm shows the last week or so, MTV will actually premiere (or "sneak peak" as they called it) the episode early this afternoon from 4:30 pm ET-5:00 pm ET. If you miss this showing, it repeats tonight at 10:00 pm ET, Wednesday at 12:00 pm ET and 11:00 pm ET and Saturday at 2:30 am ET.

They are doing the same thing next week with the premiere episodes of "Road Rules 2007 - Viewers Revenge" and "Two-A-Days" airing next Tuesday afternoon from 4:30 pm ET-5:30 pm ET. As for the other Tuesday night shows, "Wrestling Society X" gets a few early showings of its premiere episode this weekend with the first showing Friday night from 11:00 pm ET-11:30 pm ET. "Bams Unholy Union" gets no early showing at least according to TVGuide.com

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 01-23-07 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-24-07, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by raven56706
i am on it...

ok and there are plenty of hotties on this season. the beauty queen girl from VA...wa wa wee wah!
Old 01-30-07, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For those of you who didn't watch the sneak preview and are waiting for tonight's showing, you may not want to read this. For those who don't give a shit, click the little spoiler button...
Spoiler:
1. Shane and Veronica have an alliance.
2. Adam, Kina, and Susie have an alliance.
3. Abe is a one-man wrecking crew. However, if he decides to go with one of the alliances, I'd assume he'd go with Veronica. You know, because she gave him a threesome with Rachel. If I got to have a threesome with Rachel and Veronica, I would be their own personal man servant.... but that's just me....

to Susie for voting Shane into The Pit. If it wasn't for Shane, Susie would've been the reason why the gang would lose the first mission and that bitch would be going to The Pit right now.

As for who should go to The Pit, I voted in Veronica. I like Shane, but Veronica can take out the members of the pit crew -- well maybe not the lesbian -- but the other group of girls look weaker than the group of newbies we got in the Fresh Meat challenge.
Old 01-31-07, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts
Hey! Leave Susie alone! She is the hot...
Old 01-31-07, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

tonight was the first real episode? cruuuud.

is it gonna be on again!??!
Old 01-31-07, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts
tonight was the first real episode? cruuuud.

is it gonna be on again!??!
Maybe they'll make an exception to their strict "one and done" policy with these shows for you.
Old 01-31-07, 08:56 AM

I can't believe I used to think Susie was hot. What happened to her? This format is interesting enough to hold my attention, and the return of Veronica is kind of like when The Ultimate Warrior came back to WWF. No I guess that would be if Miz showed up.
Old 01-31-07, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by harrydoyle
I can't believe I used to think Susie was hot. What happened to her? This format is interesting enough to hold my attention, and the return of Veronica is kind of like when The Ultimate Warrior came back to WWF. No I guess that would be if Miz showed up.
Yeah. Same here. Then again, considering the other girls who were on Road Rules: Australia, choices were slim pickens......

After watching the preview special and the first real episode, I really don't like any of the Pit Crew. At least with the Fresh Meat, there were a few decent people in there (such as Evan), but most of the new people just seem like massive douches.
Old 01-31-07, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Yeah. Same here. Then again, considering the other girls who were on Road Rules: Australia, choices were slim pickens......

I liked Christina. I wonder what she's up to these days.
Old 01-31-07, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
Hmmm, I have a felling this show's gonna ugly based on the 1st show.